• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

AJC: The Hawks May Already Be Guilty of Tampering

PSSSHHHRRR87

Of what?

Let get the people excited about this possiblity of something different and Hawks has been fine by the NBA, did the change the world nope. Like I say, its their money and they can pay it and they didnt have rep in the first place.

Anyone thinking this is intentional does not know the A$G. This is the same PR wizz kidzz that had the Meruelo sale royally screw up. Don't make me go on a rant about them, there is way more evidence in the past that this is a mistake than this being intentional.

While I don't believe that this is a major deal that might not even remotely help us get these two, there's no way I believe that this PR staff is that savvy enough to do this on purpose.

While I don't believe that this is a major deal that might not even remotely help us get these two, there's no way I believe that this PR staff is that savvy enough to do this on purpose.

They sent a link to the story with Broussard talking about the Hawks. It seems very intentional and during Finals week as well?

• Like 1

I think many are concerned about the reputational component of this royal screw up.

Bingo.

The punishment is a fine as well as lost branding. Basically, by making such a f***ing stupid error you are telling people that you are not good at your job. And who wants to work for someone who is not good at their job? Or cheer for a team that is making blatantly stupid moves? There is a reason why the Hawks twitter has the least amount of followers for the entire NBA.

I guess one could argue that their branding is so low that this really isn't hurting them so bad. But no one is making this argument, people are seeing the A$G as shrewd and calculated with this move...Right.

Posted Image

• Premium Member

Of what? Let get the people excited about this possiblity of something different and Hawks has been fine by the NBA, did the change the world nope. Like I say, its their money and they can pay it and they didnt have rep in the first place.

It's one thing to get the fans excited and totally another to potentially reinforce negative opinions players and others may have towards the ownership and organization.

The Heat had to give the Knocks a 1st round pick for tampering with Riley so lets all hope this doesn't cost us a freaking pick! Man what a bunch of dumb bastards letting this get out. I work on stuff like this in marketing for a company much bigger than the Hawks and we have multiple levels of checks to make sure this kind of thing doesn't happen. Damn ASG!!!

• Like 2

• Moderators

Even if there was no penalty the letter is amateurish. So what's going to be their angle to sell tix if those guys don't come here? "Well we had an opportunity to get stars but come see the team we scraped together when that failed"

• Like 2

Even if there was no penalty the letter is amateurish. So what's going to be their angle to sell tix if those guys don't come here? "Well we had an opportunity to get stars but come see the team we scraped together when that failed"

Oh, I don't know. A playoff guarantee should coverup that snafu.......

• Like 2

C-Viv saw an opportunity and he took it! He's probably dreaming now of an interview with Matt Lauer where he discusses his Pulitzer winning expose on the shady dealings of the notorious Atlanta Hawks. It is a suspensful non-fiction thriller titled "I'm Told The Hawks..."

True, I hope the letter's not a fake - I hope he did his due diligence or it'll more 'I was told' LOL

• Premium Member

As this story continues to spread, it is really going to hurt the Hawks in their efforts to be taken seriously by really anybody (players, agents, league, etc...)

Edited by Jody23

Atleast it may put the hawks in the news, spotlight, espn first take for once! LolJust not that Mad about it. Let them know we making a hard push for Howard and Paul! Let them know we want them! Make the two guys feel wanted!.......just don't lose a pick! I could careless about a fine! Hell.....they rich!

Anyone thinking this is intentional does not know the A$G. This is the same PR wizz kidzz that had the Meruelo sale royally screw up. Don't make me go on a rant about them, there is way more evidence in the past that this is a mistake than this being intentional.

Hmmm... Could be. However the Hawks did let go of their long time VP of PR Arthur Tische last year. The Meruelo saga was in 2011.