• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

AJC: The Hawks May Already Be Guilty of Tampering

PSSSHHHRRR87

The Heat had to give the Knicks a 1st round pick for tampering with Riley so lets all hope this doesn't cost us a freaking pick! Man what a bunch of dumb bastards letting this get out. I work on stuff like this in marketing for a company much bigger than the Hawks and we have multiple levels of checks to make sure this kind of thing doesn't happen. Damn ASG!!!

Yeah Dolfan...my guess is that this is a lame attempt by ASG to ditch one of the first round picks and save on guarranteed money. . ASG probably leaked the story to AJC. They'll blame it on an intern and fill the roster spot with an undrafted free agent out of the Crimean League. Posted Image

Edited by DJlaysitup
  • Like 1

Ha, ya, this letter was definitely written by a 21 year old kid straight out of college who then blasted it to every person in his contact list all in an effort to try to sell a season ticket. Definitely had nothing to do with Ferry, Bob Williams, or any of the owners.

This is probably why the AJC should have waited to post this story. C-Viv rarely blogs and when he does it crap.

Idiots.

someone definitely needs to be fired. Does ferry have the power to fire the marketing team?

This franchise is filled with idiots. This is the 2nd time something like this happened. I remember the hawks getting fined during the 2010 agency for mentioning lebron.

Idiots.

someone definitely needs to be fired. Does ferry have the power to fire the marketing team?

This franchise is filled with idiots. This is the 2nd time something like this happened. I remember the hawks getting fined during the 2010 agency for mentioning lebron.

If this is a kid or adult using his own opinions which is v. his job to raise up season ticket sales and to make more money, who can really be blamed. This can happen to any organzation even if you put in rules that you need to go through superiors to do this.

In all honestly, even with ASG past, this is really juvenile. Something even use homers of the Hawks wouldn't do because it's not factual at all. It is wishful thinking for any team outside of the Lakers and Clippers in regards to the players. But how could this fall for Atlanta is the question. It seems like Atlanta is going through proper channels but they will still likely be fined.

• Like 1

If this is a kid or adult using his own opinions which is v. his job to raise up season ticket sales and to make more money, who can really be blamed. This can happen to any organzation even if you put in rules that you need to go through superiors to do this.

In all honestly, even with ASG past, this is really juvenile. ...

Yeah Lead...I figure it was just something somebody thought of - and it was a bad idea - but it got out.

I do wonder about one thing though - is this really tampering? (or should it be?) I mean these guys are both unrestricted free agents right? They can go wherever they wish.

Guest Walter

In similar news Chris V. might be guilty of journalism. I wonder what his fine will be.What a useless sports writer. Worst I've ever seen. Ugh.W

• Like 3

Yeah Lead...I figure it was just something somebody thought of - and it was a bad idea - but it got out.

I do wonder about one thing though - is this really tampering? (or should it be?) I mean these guys are both unrestricted free agents right? They can go wherever they wish.

technically they are still under contract until july 1st.

Ha, ya, this letter was definitely written by a 21 year old kid straight out of college who then blasted it to every person in his contact list all in an effort to try to sell a season ticket. Definitely had nothing to do with Ferry, Bob Williams, or any of the owners.

I wonder if its the same dude that keeps calling me because I signed up for those free tickets two years ago
  • Like 2

Well . . . this is the #1 secondary headline on ESPN.com now.

Am I the only person pissed off that our crappy local rag which NEVER breaks any stories and barely covers the Hawks is the one that "broke" this story simply to get the Hawks in trouble?

The ASG ( when Gearon was the mouthpiece for the group ) let it be known that they don't care too much for the AJC. Even accused them of bashing the Hawks every chance they got. And Gearon was right on the money.

So it's no surprise that the AJC will break a story like this ( just like they broke the Gearon rant about KG last year during the playoffs, when Gearon called KG "the dirtiest player in the game" ). And Cunningham did that, on his way out.

http://blogs.ajc.com/hawks/2012/05/09/atlanta-hawks-gearon-garnett-dirtiest-guy-in-the-league-hawks-dont-get-any-calls/

Atlanta media, like most of the basketball fans in that city, could give a damn about the Hawks. Only the true die hards care about the team.

Did the Hawks ticket rep hack the Squawk or am I just late to realize that Dwight and Paul have been adorning the site for a while?

I love the wallpaper but D12 seems faded a tad too much. Great work with the design.