• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Smoove S&T to Celtics?

ATLscrubLove

If we strike out on Paul and Howard, I'd do a sign and trade of Smith for Green in a heartbeat. That would instantly give the Hawks the SF that we need . . a guy who can put the ball on the floor and shoot the 3. We could do that, re-sign Teague, and still have enough money to give to a guy like Al Jefferson. And if available, and if we're over the salary cap, give OJ Mayo the full MLE.

Each player's draft position is in parenthesis.

PG - Teague ( 19 )

G - Mayo ( 3 )

F - Green ( 5 )

PF - Horford ( 3 )

C - Jefferson ( 10 )

Two shooters on the wing, who can also create their own shot. A low post center with great low post moves. A young PG still coming into his own. And a PF who can shoot the midrange jumper, run the floor, and function as the backup center.

Add that with Lou Williams, Jenkins, Scott, and possibly Ivan, that's a squad I can roll with, if we strike out on the big prize.

Nice solid playoff team. Might even be able to get out of the first round.

• Premium Member

A sign and trade requires Smoove's approval. Does anyone honestly think he would sign off on a deal to Boston if Rondo was no there? So he's not going to Boston unless Rondo's there.On another note, Smoove's situation is intriguing because of his caphold. If the Hawks renounced him, would they be able to sign and trade him later?

• Like 1

• Premium Member

If we could get Green and their first for next year, that would be awesome. I got the strangest feeling they are really going to suck next year.

Yup. Then you trade JBrick to them and make sure they will suck. We could end up with a top 10 draft pick next year. Posted Image

• Like 1

A sign and trade requires Smoove's approval. Does anyone honestly think he would sign off on a deal to Boston if Rondo was no there? So he's not going to Boston unless Rondo's there.On another note, Smoove's situation is intriguing because of his caphold. If the Hawks renounced him, would they be able to sign and trade him later?

You're probably right about the Rondo situation but you never know.

I don't believe so.

Yea it was on hoops hype, just didn't find it credible enough to post the link. Just wanted to know what people thought about the possibility of a Smoove S&T to the Celtics.

Not credible enough to post the link but you created a topic for it?? Posted Image

Considering how stuff gets lost in translation sometimes, it's best to always provide a link and post the content of the link if you can for archiving purposes.

• Like 1

Seriously, how does this idiot have a job? PP to a team with cap space because...? And Atlanta trades Josh for...what exactly? (waiting for someone to tell me they trade him for the TPE...)

I have a feeling that discussing the TPE with HF gives him a case of PMS that if not corrected ASAP leads to severe PTSD.

• Premium Member

You're probably right about the Rondo situation but you never know. I don't believe so.

Yep. Considering the negative attitude Smoove displays both on and off the court when he's not in a winning situation, not to mention his friendship with Rondo, I'm confident that he wouldn't go to Boston without Rondo and without it being a win now situation. While he wants to get paid, Smoove's decision this offseason won't be solely about money.

Seriously, how does this idiot have a job? PP to a team with cap space because...? And Atlanta trades Josh for...what exactly? (waiting for someone to tell me they trade him for the TPE...)

Simmons - he is so bad. How he managed to get on the NBA Pre-game show is beyond me, he sounds like a child with spit in mouth when he talks. And EVERY 'analysis' goes back to something Celtics, he cant relate a moment to any other NBA team - sooo pitiful.

So you think Mayo will sign for $2.5-$3 million or whatever our MLE (for room teams) amount will be? I'm under the impression that you are under the same impression I was until Buzzard and HF and crew cleared me up that we will never get the full $5 millionish MLE (for non-tax paying teams) that teams over the cap at the beginning of the free agent season will get. Even if we spend up to the salary cap we will never get that amount.

No. I've said throughout this thread that Mayo should be signed AFTER we go over the salary cap, so that we can give him the 5+ million.

No. I've said throughout this thread that Mayo should be signed AFTER we go over the salary cap, so that we can give him the 5+ million.

And you would be just as wrong as I was in thinking that would be available to us. At no point will the Hawks have a 5+ million dollar exception to used on a player this year.

http://hawksquawk.net/community/topic/381496-kurt-helin-chris-paul-dwight-howard-text-about-teaming-up-this-will-not-happen/page-4#entry623102

Rondo only guard I would have off the Celts. They have nothing besides Rondo and Pierce and Peirce is getting long in the tooth

Avery Bradley would be a very nice player to have. Solid offensively and terrific defensively. Plus he's young and cheap.

• Moderators

Avery Bradley would be a very nice player to have. Solid offensively and terrific defensively. Plus he's young and cheap.

Not sure how we pull that off, but Bradley is a no-brainer for me. Green I would rather not have taking up that much of my cap space.

Without posting the link, creditable or not , this discussion turned into a we want rondo thread. No where was Rondo mention in the speculated rumors. I hate to rain on anyone's parade but this just turned into yet another a wish list thread. Why would Boston trade their best player(issues or not) for just J Smoove?

I've always been a Rondo fan. I value PGs on their ability to achieve triple doubles. This means that you are not only scoring and assisting but doing at least one other thing well on consistent basis, if you get the triple double or not. In my eyes Rondo is the closest thing the league has to Jason Kidd.

Simmons - he is so bad. How he managed to get on the NBA Pre-game show is beyond me, he sounds like a child with spit in mouth when he talks. And EVERY 'analysis' goes back to something Celtics, he cant relate a moment to any other NBA team - sooo pitiful.

Agreed JBH...but the Celtics are in "make something happen" mode and they have the dollars. Maybe not so much "salary cap" dollars - but big dollars overall. They have the "Celtic Network" that is basically longterm PPV for all Celtics home games. Huge bucks.

They know they can't F around and rebuild from nothing - they have to have a competitive product.

Therefore - I would expect them to make every move they can to get back to form.

Tanking is not an option for Boston.

Edited by DJlaysitup