• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

3 minutes left in the game and no game thread?

Admin

Congrats to the Heat. Their second best player (Wade) is considerably better than San An's second best in Parker. I'm a LeBron and Jesus fan to the death, so I ain't too hurt as a Spurs fan. They sagged off LeBron on the jumper, and he hit damn near every one. Great cap to a great NBA season. Let's Go Hawks.

At this point, Lebron has pretty much redeemed himself for "The Decision". And his stat-line for tonight was amazing: 37 pts, 12 rbs, 4 assts and only 2 tos. Looking at the box score is interesting. Wade scored 23, Battier scored 18, and Chalmers scored 14. The only other person who scored was Anderson. Bosh, Miller and Allen all had goose eggs.

• Moderators

Pop made sum bad decisions forreal

I mean again taking out Parker and leaving in Manu smh. What was he thinking?

Pops has taken a big hit to his legacy in Games 6 & 7 pulling Parker and Duncan and then feeding Ginobili.

• Like 2

F*ck the Heat. Call me a hater or whatever but Leb!tch is a doofus and he will never get even 5 championships to tie Kobe let alone Jordan. I hope he doesn't even get one more. Traitor ..hate that guy.Manu is done.

• Premium Member

What character? The guy is just as bad as anyone else if not worse. He complains all the time to the refs, but it is OK for him to do it but not Josh? Give me a break, I am sick of that guy. And I hate when Josh complains.

Every NBA player complains to the refs. It happens way too much today and they are all usually wrong.Not sure how you don't see LeBron as a good guy though.Just some very recent examples. The way he handled Duncan and Pop after the game, the way he praises teammates (or doesn't throw them under the bus), he understands the game and is well spoken. I'd welcome a guy like him on my squad 24/7. Best player in the league with no issues off of the court.
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Regardless of the outcome... was this the Best NBA Finals ever? ('84 Lakers-Celtics? '70 Knicks-Lakers? '94 Rockets-Knicks? '10 Lakers-Celtics? Other?)

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3

• Premium Member

I did not watch him post game, I left the bar at that time. But it is usually easier to say those things after you have won. I still remember himleaving the court without shaking hands after he lost. Maybe i would change my opinion if I saw the post game interviews but I doubt it.

Not necessarily this post game conference. LeBron has been immature in the past but he has a lot of pressure on him. He used to be defensive about it, I think he has somewhat embraced it now. He was one of the few players that ever gave the Hawks respect too.His "big two" hasn't exactly supported him at all times. I'll be fair, LeBron obviously made the choice to play with them. It was his legacy though, not Bosh or Wade. They play poorly and the fall back story will be on LeBron. I had to watch game 6 on replay and thought the Heat lost based on chatter I heard. LeBron was horrible in the last two minutes outside of that three he made. They lose and that is the story, Lebron and his turnovers.He'd never let anybody blame his teams poor play. He puts a lot on himself and has delivered the last two years. It is easier when you win..but I feel it's been easier for him to come off as a better guy because they have won. I have always seen a good teammate in him.

At this point, Lebron has pretty much redeemed himself for "The Decision". And his stat-line for tonight was amazing: 37 pts, 12 rbs, 4 assts and only 2 tos. Looking at the box score is interesting. Wade scored 23, Battier scored 18, and Chalmers scored 14. The only other person who scored was Anderson. Bosh, Miller and Allen all had goose eggs.

Chris Bosh is weak sauce.

I only watched the last couple of mins of the game. I suspected Miami to win and so I didn't bother.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

I agree...Chris Bosh wouldn't dominate the wnba. The guy is as soft as butter. I can't believe he was actually somewhat good on the raptors a few years back. No wonder lil Wayne picks on him lol. Hell, I kinda wanna take his lunch money lol ...(I am kidding tho as I'm totally against bullying, or at least the ugly bullying its become today)

I agree...Chris Bosh wouldn't dominate the wnba. The guy is as soft as butter. I can't believe he was actually somewhat good on the raptors a few years back. No wonder lil Wayne picks on him lol. Hell, I kinda wanna take his lunch money lol ...(I am kidding tho as I'm totally against bullying, or at least the ugly bullying its become today)

Bosh was pretty damn good this series in a lot of key moments and had some big time blocks. He was hot garbage for the most part offensively but I was really surprised at how good his help defense and at times his man defense was.

Ya I guess he was ok at defense but looking at last night's boxscore Bosh and Allen a combined 0-9 with 0 points in 48 minutes....wow..I know Wade was awesome but I dunno, this is pretty stunning. Maybe you only need 2 superstars to win and not 3.... U HEAR THAT CP AND D12? Lol

• Moderators

Ya I guess he was ok at defense but looking at last night's boxscore Bosh and Allen a combined 0-9 with 0 points in 48 minutes....wow..I know Wade was awesome but I dunno, this is pretty stunning. Maybe you only need 2 superstars to win and not 3.... U HEAR THAT CP AND D12? Lol

Battier was like a superstar in that game last night. He just killed the Spurs on those 3's.

Battier was like a superstar in that game last night. He just killed the Spurs on those 3's.

The whole series was just filled with roleplayers putting on star performances. Before game 6 they were legitimately arguing about Green winning Finals MVP!

.........only for him to go something like 1-25 over the next two games.

• Like 1

The whole series was just filled with roleplayers putting on star performances. Before game 6 they were legitimately arguing about Green winning Finals MVP! .........only for him to go something like 1-25 over the next two games.

Yeah, Danny Green making MVP would've thrown the prestige of the award all out of whack. Parker, Billups, and Dumars, all worthy players of course, represent the floor of greatness of the award, and Green is light years behind them. If the Spurs would've won, regardless of how many threes he hit in the last two games, I would hope the voters have the presence of mind to realize Tim runs that team and cannot be nullified like Parker or Green can and were. I have a newfound respect for Riley and Spo, though. They thumbed their noses at traditional PGs and size up front after winning with two true PGs in The Glove and Chocolate Thunder and two True Bigs in Zo and Shaq. Them boys know some ball. I honor LeBron and I still can't believe they got it done again with so many bums and lack of size on that squad. And a testament to Ray Allen's greatness is the second best player on his Sonics teams, who is 4 years younger with perfect size in Rashard, kept his sorry azz glued to the bench while Ray ran 60 minutes the last two. I remember they had an epic semifinal series versus the Spurs around 03-04 or something. Edited by benhillboy

Sorry I didn't post a game thread - meant to but it was overcome by events.

I did get to see most of the game though (counting replays).

WOW - well it's obvious that LeBron is the best player in the league - by far. Thoroughly impressive performance...thoroughly.

So now the dang Heat will lose a role player or two and the top "career ender good guys" will flock to them on the cheap to get a ring and they will do it again next year. Alas. Posted Image