Detroit wants Josh

thecampster

I've mentioned Detroit before because they have a ton of cap and maybe Josh is sold on their pedigree (he was gushing over Boston's fans last year....although Detroits fans haven't had much reason to show up lately.)

I don't know why they'd entertain a sign and trade of any worthwhile contracts for Josh though. Stuckey is non-guaranteed but I think his waive date is tonight and with KCP in tow that very well may be a possibility so that leaves only Jerebko and their second year guys like Kravtsov, Singler and English/Middleton. Then again I'm still bemused as to why people still think that after 35 years of trying to trade him how or why the Hawks would finally get something worthwhile now.

MaseCase I'm right there with you my man. I don't see why these folks think we're gonna get something legit for Josh. It's either a 1st rounder/bench player or we just let him go for nothing. Everybody knows Josh is Josh, he isn't getting any better.

They aren't going to have a Monroe Drummond Josh front court. Maybe they'll move one if the towers elsewhere, but Dumars has made dumb moves before so I would be offering our 2014 1st and Josh and trying like hell to get Drummond. If they balk at that then I start with KCP and salary filler for Josh. I could see Josh playing there too and it would be full circle since we drafted him with the pick we got from them in the Sheed trade.

• Moderators

Detroit aren't going to SnT for Josh if they've got Monroe and Drummond. I'd give them our first next year and Josh for Drummond all day though if Josh would agree to go there.

Likely the would want to put him at SF. Thing I don't like about a SnT w/ Detroit is they would want to dump Stuckey off on us and I would want no part of that unless they give up a 1st round pick in 2014.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Likely the would want to put him at SF. Thing I don't like about a SnT w/ Detroit is they would want to dump Stuckey off on us and I would want no part of that unless they give up a 1st round pick in 2014.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I know that's what some would think but it won't work as teams would pack the paint on defense against them. Knight isn't a good enough shooter from outside and neither is Josh to make that work.

• Moderators
Yeah I know that's what some would think but it won't work as teams would pack the paint on defense against them. Knight isn't a good enough shooter from outside and neither is Josh to make that work.
It's Joe Dumars were talking about. All he sees is Smoove. He doesn't think about X's and O's and floor spacing. I've been a Piston follower far too long to not know who their GM really is.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87

It's Joe Dumars were talking about. All he sees is Smoove. He doesn't think about X's and O's and floor spacing. I've been a Piston follower far too long to not know who their GM really is.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly! And that's why I'm confident that we can fleece him in a deal and get one of the towers or at the very least get KCP and a 2014 1st + salary filler.

• Like 2

Exactly! And that's why I'm confident that we can fleece him in a deal and get one of the towers or at the very least get KCP and a 2014 1st + salary filler.

I think we can agree that he's dumb enough to offer Josh a max but not dumb enough to offer Josh the max AND give up assets when he doesn't have to. Even if he was I assure you the new owner would step in and save his franchise from such a useless decision. Additionally, barring it falling in the top 8, Detroit already owes Charlotte their 2014 pick in exchange for getting out of the last year of Ben Gordon's deal which they did so that they can theoretically be able to offer Josh a max deal.