Rumor: Hawks to try and SnT Josh to Houston for Asik. Lakers to try and SnT Howard for Asik. Battle is on...

Admin

Asik is the definition of a "serviceable big man". Nothing special, nothing we'll get to the ECF with.

If you build a good enough team around that type of player you can go far. The Pacers have a very similar player in Hibbert and the best they had this year was a raw Paul George who's still becoming the player he will be.

• Premium Member

Garcia? Where do you come up with this stuff. The Rockets have a ton of young players they can add to Asik to make a trade work.

Salary wise... Garcia's salary would fit with where Smoove wants to be paid. Also Garcia's salary ends after this season so we would have that to work with next offseason... as if it mattered.

Finally Garcia is serviceable. I don't see them giving up Parsons or Jones... and probably not Montijunas if they give us Asik.

No Parsons.

We get Houston's big tall oaf. That will fill the area!

I could care less what fills the arena with the vast number of frontrunner fans in Atlanta. All I care about is the Hawks winning games and Asik will help with that. We will be very lucky to get him.

Salary wise... Garcia's salary would fit with where Smoove wants to be paid. Also Garcia's salary ends after this season so we would have that to work with next offseason... as if it mattered.

Finally Garcia is serviceable. I don't see them giving up Parsons or Jones... and probably not Montijunas if they give us Asik.

I'm pretty sure they've already renounced him and if they haven't we don't need him. We will get a young guy along with Asik Bookmark it

Am I the only Hawks fan that thinks Asik could be a decent asset/player for the Hawks (if, the Hawks do indeed get him in a Sign & Trade)?

No you're among the 50% here (myself included) that do.

I could care less what fills the arena with the vast number of frontrunner fans in Atlanta. All I care about is the Hawks winning games and Asik will help with that. We will be very lucky to get him.

I'm pretty sure they've already renounced him and if they haven't we don't need him. We will get a young guy along with Asik Bookmark it

I'll be honest and say its more than just Dwight himself. It's the Hawks inability to draw top notch FA's. Settling for nickel and dime stuff is old.

I didn't get thrilled over JJ, and I'm not going to get thrilled over this role player. These guys aren't good enough to change the culture here. Nothing has changed.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Am I the only Hawks fan that thinks Asik could be a decent asset/player for the Hawks (if, the Hawks do indeed get him in a Sign & Trade)?

He is more than a decent asset he is a GREAT asset. More than half the league would line up for an young elite rebounding and defending big making only 8 mil if we decided to shop him.

• Premium Member

In my disappointment, I have come around to like a pick up of Asik. I was just reading and watching this... Even though I don't like Highlights as an evaluation tool, these actually point out his strengths and weaknesses very well.

I'll take Asik for Smoove and won't complain. The key is that we move Horf to PF.

• Like 1

Sorry, but Teague, Lou, Al and Asik will get the Hawks back to the playoffs. That means not top pick next year either. That looks like another first round team in the making. Ferry is building another first or second round team. Book it. That's what is happening.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Sorry, but Teague, Lou, Al and Asik will get the Hawks back to the playoffs. That means not top pick next year either. That looks like another first round team in the making. Ferry is building another first or second round team. Book it. That's what is happening.

I don't want Asik because of this. Done with the treadmill mindset. Rather take a chance on Parker and Wiggins.