• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

*2013* Update: Hawks have agreed to deal with Paul Millsap

Admin

Sorry brother, but after 19 years, I decided to take my fanhood to Bourbon Street.

See post 262

http://www.pelicansreport.com/showthread.php?77561-Pelicans-offering-Ryno-for-Asik&p=1118496&posted=1#post1118496

That was quick but I can understand, I hope we can talk to you again and Hawks will do fine, but its going to have to be a process. When Danny took over, I know that he wasnt going for the sexy pick or Man in the Moment. But going after blue collar, hard workers.

That was quick but I can understand, I hope we can talk to you again and Hawks will do fine, but its going to have to be a process. When Danny took over, I know that he wasnt going for the sexy pick or Man in the Moment. But going after blue collar, hard workers.

We did this before with Deke, Smitty, and Mookie. I been through this before. I know I am suppose to wait and see but I am really disappointed. I already have a name there for when I was trolling them to give us CP3. I might as well stick it out. I see Davis as a potential superstar, I love Gordon and Jrue. I like Asik next to Davis. I just like their team a lot more than our treadmill team. I am tired of losing man. Getting to the 1st round, going home with a 15th or 17th pick is not attractive at all. I don't like Millsap or Carroll that much. I think they are great values but not for this personnel.

I think he is doing literally the best job one can do with this organization. If the Pacers and Spurs can take the Heat to 7, so can the Hawks next year, if not this year

Excatly the NBA is a changing and you don't need a NBA2k roster anymore to compete for a title

Posted Image

If you leave the Hawks now, you weren't a real fan anyway.

I was a diehard fan. I put my word on it but the Hawks stress me out too much. i am too big of a Basketball fan and love titles or at least a chance at them. The Hawks don't have a shot at winning in the 1st round much less a title. It's pretty much a wrap for me.

• Like 2

I was a diehard fan. I put my word on it but the Hawks stress me out too much. i am too big of a Basketball fan and love titles or at least a chance at them. The Hawks don't have a shot at winning in the 1st round much less a title. It's pretty much a wrap for me.

Understandable. The Hawks haven't given the fans anything but mediocrity. And that's still what they aim to do.

• Like 1

I think he is doing literally the best job one can do with this organization. If the Pacers and Spurs can take the Heat to 7, so can the Hawks next year, if not this year.

The Spurs have one of the greatest players of all time and Indy has a good true center that makes them much better in the playoffs than the regular season. We have neither. Unless we can somehow land Marc Gasol, I don't see that changing much. This is the same treadmill we been on since Nique was here.

Despite my #treadmillsap joke I actually like this signing. I really don't want Horford to spend most of his time playing the 5 again, but the off-season isn't over yet so there's no reason to assume anything just yet.Advanced metrics are the way to go, my friends. Not saying you should completely ignore what your eyes tell you, but your eyes will often lie to you while the numbers will almost never lead you astray.C'mon DF, we should change our team name to the Mathlanta Hawks. :D

This is a solid signing. Korver 6 million, Millsap 9.5 million.

28.1 cap space minus 15.5 equals 12.6 left and we also have Teague and Josh's cap holds to work with.

We are building a roster and I love Millsap over Josh for 5 million less!

• Like 1

I believe that first statement is a contradiction

• Like 4

• Premium Member

We did this before with Deke, Smitty, and Mookie. I been through this before. I know I am suppose to wait and see but I am really disappointed. I already have a name there for when I was trolling them to give us CP3. I might as well stick it out. I see Davis as a potential superstar, I love Gordon and Jrue. I like Asik next to Davis. I just like their team a lot more than our treadmill team. I am tired of losing man. Getting to the 1st round, going home with a 15th or 17th pick is not attractive at all. I don't like Millsap or Carroll that much. I think they are great values but not for this personnel.

I've been a fan since my dad took me to a game in 1979 when I was very young. I have been through most of the franchise history at this point. I have blindly and faithfully supported every Atlanta and Georgia based team. I can't change that but I can accept reality. This franchise is a joke and these idiotic moves prove the only thing they care about is being a playoff treadmill team.

• Like 1

Yo tell me how tanking went for us ten years ago or how it's gone for like 80% of the teams that have tried. You're a fool if you think in a year where 8 teams are tanking(including Boston and LA) that we have a shot at getting a top three pick.

Seriously go see how Raptors fans like being in the lottery every year

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Yo tell me how tanking went for us ten years ago or how it's gone for like 80% of the teams that have tried. You're a fool if you think in a year where 8 teams are tanking(including Boston and LA) that we have a shot at getting a top three pick.

Seriously go see how Raptors fans like being in the lottery every year

I'd rather have a chance to get a superstar than be stuck as playoff fodder with ZERO CHANCE to ever win a title.

That's like saying I'd rather go on welfare and try to win the lottery than being stuck in a midlevel job for a few years and attempt to work my way up to a promotion

Edited by taz
  • Like 4

I've been a fan since my dad took me to a game in 1979 when I was very young. I have been through most of the franchise history at this point. I have blindly and faithfully supported every Atlanta and Georgia based team. I can't change that but I can accept reality. This franchise is a joke and these idiotic moves prove the only thing they care about is being a playoff treadmill team.

This is tough man. But I decided a month ago, if we decide to prolong the rebuild in the deepest draft class since Michael Jordan, I can't support this team anymore. I know the anti-tankers are like HELL YEAH, FU*K OUTTA HERE, YOU ARE NOT A TRUE FAN!!! But I am a true fan. I got my name on another site for stanning the Hawks and I am getting killed for CP3/D12 signing with other teams not signing with the Hawks. People dancing, laughing, having a field day and calling me delusional. I said, if I lose hope, I should have never been a Hawks fan from Day 1. The one thing I had is my hope even when I was the only one. Well, I don't have hope anymore. I feel empty with this team. I was way too invested emotionally to this team anyway. I am not invested to the Falcons or Braves the way I am emotionally invested in the Hawks. People from other teams like, it's the f**king Hawks, they are dumbasses. They are used to being losers and getting no respect. I used to argue it but now agree, they are.

• Like 1