• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

*2013* Update: Hawks have agreed to deal with Paul Millsap

Admin

Please tell me how this Hawks team has a legit shot of winning a title next year. Oh what's that? No legit shot? Just another meaningless playoff appearance to be cannon fodder?

Yeah, thought so.

Please tell me how they have a legit shot of winning the title next year by tanking! Since we can just arbitrarily assume whatever goalposts we want.

• Like 1

This is tough man. But I decided a month ago, if we decide to prolong the rebuild in the deepest draft class since Michael Jordan, I can't support this team anymore. I know the anti-tankers are like HELL YEAH, FU*K OUTTA HERE, YOU ARE NOT A TRUE FAN!!! But I am a true fan. I got my name on another site for stanning the Hawks and I am getting killed for CP3/D12 signing with other teams not signing with the Hawks. People dancing, laughing, having a field day and calling me delusional. I said, if I lose hope, I should have never been a Hawks fan from Day 1. The one thing I had is my hope even when I was the only one. Well, I don't have hope anymore. I feel empty with this team. I was way too invested emotionally to this team anyway. I am not invested to the Falcons or Braves the way I am emotionally invested in the Hawks. People from other teams like, it's the f**king Hawks, they are dumbasses. They are used to being losers and getting no respect. I used to argue it but now agree, they are.

bannnnnnn this fool

You forgot the junkyard dog

He is better than paying money for Brewer IMO. Better jumper. Better rebounder.

You really can't find a team that is more in "treadmill mode" than the New Orleans Pelicans. They are going to be an 8-seed contender for a while.

I would of gave Leadership more credit if he left for the Heat. The Pelicans?

• Premium Member

Please tell me how they have a legit shot of winning the title next year by tanking! Since we can just arbitrarily assume whatever goalposts we want.

If we keep Horford and got a superstar in the draft and didn't waste our cap space? By next season we could be a legit title contender by having those two plus another star player coming here to play with the kid and Horford. It really could have been that easy.

He is better than paying money for Brewer IMO. Better jumper. Better rebounder.

I would of gave Leadership more credit if he left for the Heat. The Pelicans?

Isn't he from New Orleans?

• Like 1

You forgot the junkyard dog

Yes I did. There is the SF. Thanks.

That must mean no Teague? Trying to find a vet PG for Dennis.

Edited by RWF

You really can't find a team that is more in "treadmill mode" than the New Orleans Pelicans. They are going to be an 8-seed contender for a while.

Anthony Davis just had a 21-22 PER as a 19 year old and he will finally go to is position which is PF. He can be one of the best players in the NBA in a couple of years.

Gordon is one of the best pure scorers in the NBA.

Evans is a two way role player who lacks range but can attack and handle the rock like no other.

Asik would be a true center who can protect the rim and get boards with Davis.

The bench has Austin Rivers, Aminu and potentially some other players.

I see them as potentially one of the best teams in the NBA. I didn't want to jump on a fading bandwagon like Miami. I wanted to start fresh. They have a new name, made some new moves, and have a potential top 5 player. Easy choice for me.

Anthony Davis just had a 21-22 PER as a 19 year old and he will finally go to is position which is PF. He can be one of the best players in the NBA in a couple of years.

Gordon is one of the best pure scorers in the NBA.

Evans is a two way role player who lacks range but can attack and handle the rock like no other.

Asik would be a true center who can protect the rim and get boards with Davis.

The bench has Austin Rivers, Aminu and potentially some other players.

I see them as potentially one of the best teams in the NBA. I didn't want to jump on a fading bandwagon like Miami. I wanted to start fresh. They have a new name, made some new moves, and have a potential top 5 player. Easy choice for me.

I tried this myself. It didn't work.

• Moderators

Gonna be nicknamed Mill-*sip in chat. lol. I LOVE Millsap's game, but I do wonder how he will fit in and what this means for Horford. It looks like Horford is stuck at 5 for another season because Millsap doesn't like SF. Corbin tried to play him there to give Favors more minutes but it didn't work at all.

• Like 1

When Asik is rumored to go to the Hawks it means that the organization is mired in mediocrity.

When Asik is rumored to go to the Pelicans it means that it's time to jump ship and change your avatar.

It's not the player, it's the fit of how the player fits into the grand scheme of it.

I see Davis as a potential top 3-5 player. I don't see that player on the Hawks.

I see Gordon as a potential top 15-25 player who is an elite scorer when healthy. I don't see that on the Hawks. We don't have a #1 option.

I see Evans as a two way forward who has developed into a defensive stopper in Sac-Town which people weren't watching.

Asik fits for the team. Not just one player but the entire starting five. We would need Asik to score in Atlanta. In New Orleans, Asik would be a clear 5th option if even that. Rivers and Aminu would have shots before him. He would just be a trashman in New Orleans. He fits that role. He wouldn't fit in our role. We would just assume he would fit next to Horford.

If we keep Horford and got a superstar in the draft and didn't waste our cap space? By next season we could be a legit title contender by having those two plus another star player coming here to play with the kid and Horford. It really could have been that easy.

Isn't he from New Orleans?

Also, no.

Very simply put: show me an example, just one, of a bad team that tanked, got a high pick, and then later won a championship due to that pick. If it's the way to do it, why hasn't it been done? Ever?

• Premium Member

Also, no.

Very simply put: show me an example, just one, of a bad team that tanked, got a high pick, and then later won a championship due to that pick. If it's the way to do it, why hasn't it been done? Ever?

Uh...not sure if serious?

Bulls

Spurs

Pistons

Heat

All were bad teams that then drafted superstars that carried them to titles.