• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

For all the Millsap haters

ATLscrubLove

Yes he can play SF and very efficiently. Not sure why anyone would think otherwise. He is the same size as Marvin but way more explosive off the dribble... He can shoot 3's (55% last year)... PNR player that commands the ball.

• Like 1

you do realize milsap weighs over 250 lbs. That's 25lbs heavier than josh smith, while being at least an inch shorter. He's not a small forward. That's why he's being run out of utah. He couldn't play along side their other 2 bigs. I'm also pretty sure he didn't shoot 55 percent from 3 last year. Pretty sure e made like 12 three pointers last year. He's an undersized pf. That's it.

• Like 1

Yes he can play SF and very efficiently. Not sure why anyone would think otherwise. He is the same size as Marvin but way more explosive off the dribble... He can shoot 3's (55% last year)... PNR player that commands the ball.

Posted ImagePosted Image

• Like 1

Unless the plan is to keep horford at center, I don't get the milsap signing. Even if that is the case, I still don't get it. We get shorter, less atheletic, and less defense and rebounding. just don't see what any of this is accomplishing

• Like 1

• Premium Member

The Jazz tried to play him at SF last year and it was a disaster. Go to Jazz boards and ask their fans. He is an undersized, non athletic power forward who doesn't rebound well for all this talk of "hustle". We still have a completely under sized front court. He's a worse player than Josh Smith. So we're actually going backwards as a team but not enough to actually tank.

Treadmill team be treadmilling.

Millsap is a good player.

Yeah...I'm realy torn on this one. People say he's undersized (one reason he dropped to the second round in the draft long ago) - but 6-8, 250 with great inside instincts is plenty big enough to play PF (as he has proven).

Still, without keeping AL at center at least some of the time we are speding $21.5m this coming year on the PF position.

If I were AL I would have to be feeling kinda like CHillz did when BK drafted him as his starting SF with the 6th pick...then turned right around and drafted Marvin as his SF with the second. Hard to see the logic, unless AL is staying at center.

Edited by DJlaysitup

The post said he had a high basketball IQ. Good. We need

some players that have at least a spoonful or two of common

sense.

Somehow, I get the impression that being able to think is somehow

the key to a better ball club.

We've got Korver back and last season's draft pick, 1st round, who was

said to be the best pure shooter available. Yet, I hear posters who

believe we will have a terrible time scoring next season. Guess they

are already missing Josh shooting all those long two point shots and

watching as he struggled to hit 50% of his free throws.

This.......just b/c some writer says Milsap can play SF doesn't make it true. I would hate to see him more then 5 mpg at SF.

I'm betting that he can play SF. I didn't realize he could handle the ball as well as he can. I knew he had a decent mid range jump shot and post game, be he can handle the ball as well.

Assuming we get Lin/Asik for Smoove via sign-and-trade:

PG: Jeremy Lin

SG: Kyle Korver

SF: Paul MillsapPF: Al Horford

C: Asik

Solid and very smart team.

I think it's solid but no way we take Lin. He's not a quality starting PG and is making too much money. I am also a little skeptical of Millsap at the 3 but he has played it a little bit in the past. Dream would be to resign Teague, trade Josh Smith for draft picks next year and sign Pek.

Edited by GThawks3

You know... I got to looking at the PF's in the east and Millsap might have an all star run this year.

I am not dissapointed in the selection of Milsap he is a solid Forward - what I would like to see is us land Pekovic that would be a true blue collar frontcourt. Of course Timberwolves have the final say so on Peko.

I am not dissapointed in the selection of Milsap he is a solid Forward - what I would like to see is us land Pekovic that would be a true blue collar frontcourt. Of course Timberwolves have the final say so on Peko.

Millsap is a good player and the years are good, but he is going to harm the teams chances at getting a top pick.

This was such a terrible move.

I can't believe we went with a player with a higher PER, Win Shares, True Shooting %, eFG%, Total Rebound% who costs us way less money. And to make it worse, he seems like a genuinely good guy who plays within himself and does whatever the team needs him to do.

yeah, I think he is fine. Assuming atl resigns teague, I am interested in seeing who the last piece will be and how the team lands the player.

You know... I got to looking at the PF's in the east and Millsap might have an all star run this year.

The all star selections doesnt go by SF, PF, C it just goes by F. So small forwards and Centers can fill up the all star roster without have any PF. So I dont see him making it.

yeah, I think he is fine. Assuming atl resigns teague, I am interested in seeing who the last piece will be and how the team lands the player.

Recognize from watching Millsap over the years, he is going to be a consistent high percentage shooter, averaging in the mid teens in scoring, that works hard. We will have to to keep surrounding he and Horford with athletic guards that can push the action and nail the outside shot.

Really? Houston on paper could be the class of the west in a year. Why is it any different with them?

Really? On paper? Since when did they start crowning paper champions? lol