• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Rockets appear to be keeping Asik and Lin

smoove31210

• Premium Member

It wouldn't surprise me. Calderon can play off the ball and so can Jeff. They could also bring Jeff off the bench.

I can't see the Mavs dishing out a contract fit Teague and let him come off the bench, but who know this could be Jason Terry II

They both average 10 million each the next 2 years. Just take an extra 5 million each this year and as JayBird mentioned, put it in escrow for 2015 so that the $$ amount doesn't hurt the ASG. honestly it shouldn't be a huge deal since the cap number is a consistent 8.3 for both of them. The ASG will just need to pay them a little more. I think it would be worth it to increase our Asian fan base and to take a chance on Lin.

My only issue against Lin is that I don't think he is worth the money no matter how it's broken down. Asik on the other hand is definitely worth his as a top rebounder and defender at his position.

They only good thing is the contract is only for 2 more years.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

It can't be a coincedince that Smith and Teague haven't been mentioned in any deal ecxept Houston. I think the Smith / JT for Asik Lin thing has legs. Hate to lose JT but I'd be very happy with ASK / Lin and anything Ferry could squeeze out.The only other way Houston could improve the team is to trade Asik but they have cap issues as to trades. Lin is basically untradeable unless yhey sweeten and still have cap issues.Com'on Asik to ATL. A frontline of Asik / Horf / Misap is awesome.

It used to be that you could not sign and trade two players in the same deal.

I think it would be hard to do that now. I think Smoove for those two still works.

Lin is better than Teague because he plays with heart and is fearless. That is important. We have learned raw talent doesn't mean very much in the grand scheme of things. Teague, Josh, and Marvin all had an "I don't care" attitude.

My thought is it wont be since Josh doesn't want to go to Houston anymore. It sure seemed like the trade talks slowed way down on the Asik front after it was suggested that Josh wasn't keen on playing with Dwight.I hope you are right and I am wrong, but I don't see Asik ending up here.

how do you know?

Lin is better than Teague because he plays with heart and is fearless. That is important. We have learned raw talent doesn't mean very much in the grand scheme of things. Teague, Josh, and Marvin all had an "I don't care" attitude.

No sure if serious...no way in hell Lin is better than Teague. Teague has improved every year and is only going to get better. I saw Lin play a few games last year and he was awful...there is a reason Rockets fans want him gone.

• Like 1

No sure if serious...no way in hell Lin is better than Teague. Teague has improved every year and is only going to get better. I saw Lin play a few games last year and he was awful...there is a reason Rockets fans want him gone.

Lin is a very good PNR PG; Not very good off the ball which is what he was in Houston next to Harden.

• Like 1

LOL @ Lin being better than Teague

Jeff may have that "I don't care" attitude but he is still much better than Mr. ESPN Hype Jeremy Lin

The only reason he was somewhat successful when he was playing for the knicks for a short time is becuz no one knew him or had tape on him so that was a fluke. Once people started really going @ him he couldn't compete. I think the 2nd time he played Deron Williams he got torched by like 40 something cuz Deron took him seriously

DO NOT WANT LIN

Edited by Bonkers
  • Like 1

• Moderators

If OKC is smart, they'll trade Perkins for Asik straight up. Perfect center to go with Durant and Westbrook.

C - Omer Asik

PF - Ibaka

SF - Kevin Durant

SG - Sefolosha

PG - Westbrook

That is a great lineup and Kendrick Perkins would work next to Howard.

If OKC is smart, they'll trade Perkins for Asik straight up. Perfect center to go with Durant and Westbrook.

C - Omer Asik

PF - Ibaka

SF - Kevin Durant

SG - Sefolosha

PG - Westbrook

That is a great lineup and Kendrick Perkins would work next to Howard.

Presti got owned by Houston once. I don't think he wants to speak to Houston anytime soon.

If OKC is smart, they'll trade Perkins for Asik straight up. Perfect center to go with Durant and Westbrook. C - Omer AsikPF - IbakaSF - Kevin DurantSG - SefoloshaPG - Westbrook That is a great lineup and Kendrick Perkins would work next to Howard.

Uh, he would? You think Perk could be a stretch 4? I'm not even sure if Perk can stretch and touch his toes. :D

Lin hasn't been exposed. He never got a chance in Houston because of Harden dominating the ball. He was 35th among PGs in usage, which is horrible for a guy who needs the ball in his hands. When Tony Parker says he sees a lot of himself in Lin, don't you think we should listen?

No, Lin was the flavor of the day much like Tim Tebow was, everyone wanted to be associated with him. Why can't we build through the draft? Why do we ALWAYS have to pick up mid-tier crappy agents?

The Rockets best trade partner was us. I can't see them wanting to complete the Pelicans roster for them and then face them in the their own division and playoffs for the next three, four, five years.

Josh wanted his 14 a year and he got it. I think the Pistons crazy money was the hold up on us getting a SnT done. Asik will probably still get moved but now that D12 is in hand, they can afford to wait and find the best deal possible.