• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks supposedly going after RFA Pekovic

Sothron

There 96 mpg at combined at PF and C. That means Horford, Pekovic, and Milsapmcould each play 32 mpg.Horford 34 mpgPekovic 31 mpgMilsap 31 mpgI see no problem here. That is a beastly frontline.Hope Danny throws a 4 year $50 mill deal at Pekovic........assuming we have the room after losing Smith's $16 mill cap hold and then release Stevenson for the team option year.

Millsap is a team player and I do not recall him ever complaining about the front line log jam in Utah. I think he will be good off the bench for 30 mpg or starting. If we got Pek, we would have a top five front line that could afford to give out a few hard fouls as well ;)

• Like 1

Can someone tell me why this guy is high on many ppls list? I'm asking bc I honestly don't know much about him. I saw 8.8rebs which is good given Love is grabbin balls ( my immaturity just made me giggle ). Seriously though is offering him a big deal better then Asik? Thanks for the info.

He is absolute beast in the post. He scored like 38 against last year against Horfrod. He does all his work in the paint........just as a true C should. He also hits 75% on FTs, which is rare for a big man.

So if we offer Pek for instance 3/50 the Wolves have to match that offer and have a set date to make up their mind? In this instance let's say Minnesota lets Pek walk, is there compensation we have to give up since he's restricted?

We would give up no compensation. If Pekovic signs a contract with us then the Twolves have 3 days to match. If they don't match the he is ours. Edited by coachx
  • Like 1

We would give up no compensation. If Pekovic signs a contract with Twolves have 3 days to match. Ifntheyndont match the he is ours.

Pekovic sounds like he would be a great addition to the Hawks! I hope the Hawks at least make him an offer!

The 75% free throw shooting has me very intrigued. In today's NBA, you have to craft a team to beat the Heat, point blank period. You can't do that without one of the bigger front lines in the game. Think Indiana with a few more years of experience at the 3 and 5 and a considerably better backcourt if we retain Teague.

Pekovic's injury problems bother me. T-Wolves fans are saying don't expect him to play more than 50 games. 60+ is a bonus.

Look at Love's games missed due to injury. Their fans are crazy if they want to keep Love.

This strikes me as someone making up a rumor. Pek is one of the top free agents left and hawks are one of the few remaining teams that can offer max money. The new hawks front office does not leak rumors thus far. I do think the hawks should and may be interested.

smells like a rumor. I'm pretty sure that pekovic was found in a chunk of ice, thawed out and resuscitated, the only remaining neanderthal (who were actually on avg smarter than modern humans, btw).

collison to clips? man.

• Like 1

I don't think there has to be any kind of leak. People know that we'd love to move Al to the 4, Pek is one of the few true centers out there, and we have money. It's just deduction. Or speculation. Whatever you want to call it. And he also seems to fit the "Ferry mold" of being a hard working Euro player - which just fuels the fire. Injury history aside, I think he'd be a great pick up for the Hawks. The chances are small we get him, but you gotta try.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I don't think there has to be any kind of leak. People know that we'd love to move Al to the 4, Pek is one of the few true centers out there, and we have money. It's just deduction. Or speculation. Whatever you want to call it. And he also seems to fit the "Ferry mold" of being a hard working Euro player - which just fuels the fire. Injury history aside, I think he'd be a great pick up for the Hawks. The chances are small we get him, but you gotta try.

About the same as the chance we had of getting D12
  • Like 1

Guest rivgambino

They just said on NBA tv ( pre recorded show from earlier tonight maybe? ) that they're shocked that ATL hasn't offered him a big deal after D12 turned us down & forcing Minni to match or let him go to ATL.