• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Gerald Henderson?

benhillboy

Is he still out there? I haven't seen much of him but was always intrigued because of the college pedigree and great size. What I did see was above average athleticism and aggressiveness. Last year, he improved his stat line across the board over 11-12 besides his rebounding dropping off by half of one. A reverse Joe Johnson if you will. Anybody seen a lot of him and dispute that he could become a very good two-way 2 for a real NBA franchise with stress on development? 6'5, 215, 25 years old out of Duke? 16-4-3-.5-1, .447, .330, .824. What's not to like?

• Premium Member

Yep... I like him AND Byron Mullens. Both still young and have shown some progress over the last year or two. The main "what's not to like" is that Henderson is RA. But, fwiw, Mullens is UFA now.

I like Henderson but as AHF mentioned range is a question mark. I am a believer that most good free throw shooters can improve on range; its just a matter of them putting in the work. Henderson is a excellent free throw shooter.

• Premium Member

Imo, Mullens has size, is young, is mobile enough, and has had a few highlight games sufficient to merit a place on a roster at a fairly small price. Coming out of Ohio State, he was considered a project, and his low post game maybe isn't as developed yet to the extent that you'd like to see, but there's certainly some talent there.

Imo, Mullens has size, is young, is mobile enough, and has had a few highlight games sufficient to merit a place on a roster at a fairly small price. Coming out of Ohio State, he was considered a project, and his low post game maybe isn't as developed yet to the extent that you'd like to see, but there's certainly some talent there.

Mullens has shown flashes for sure; especially on the boards. He avg around 8 RPG in November, December, and February last season. And I agree with you, he has a place in the NBA but starter is not it. Off the bench Mullens is decent but If he is your teams best center option; you are a lottery team.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

• Admin

Yes, Hendu has no range...he is alright but doesn't do anything special. He put up nice numbers on a terrible team last year who had no one else. I wouldn't give him much money but he would be a default starting sg for us (Lou can spell him).

Good feedback. I'm not concerned about his range so much. Dwayne Wade can't shoot to save his life (ingeniously didn't attempt a single three in the Finals) and he turned out okay. I had enough of Joe settling for threes in transition and sh$t. To his credit Gerald aint jacking em up a la Midrange Shawty. One day I'll adjust to this era (or fad) that encourages teams to shoot 30 threes a game I guess, crying and screaming. The 3 and D guy is all the rage now, I guess he doesn't garner much interest because he could be better defensively and can't hit threes. He's built just like all the prototypical ones and just as athletic so I see the potential. You just think anyone who played for Coach K will do exactly what any coach asks of him.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

• Moderators

And how many guys molded by Coach K became NBA studs? (Requisite Duke shot - check).Henderson just strikes me as a mediocre player. Lou Williams would have put up big numbers in Charlotte competing with....no one for shots. Henderson is nice on a low dollar contract but I want no part of the type of $7M deal referenced earlier in this thread. For a $3-4M deal, he is more attractive (providing you don't need the cap space to sign an impact player). Henderson is a role player.

• Like 1

And how many guys molded by Coach K became NBA studs? (Requisite Duke shot - check).Henderson just strikes me as a mediocre player. Lou Williams would have put up big numbers in Charlotte competing with....no one for shots. Henderson is nice on a low dollar contract but I want no part of the type of $7M deal referenced earlier in this thread. For a $3-4M deal, he is more attractive (providing you don't need the cap space to sign an impact player). Henderson is a role player.

Agreed.

And how many guys molded by Coach K became NBA studs? (Requisite Duke shot - check)

I'm sure you remember Christian Laettner very well ;)If he would change his name back to BJ then I'm all for giving him a shot. I don't trust a guy named Byron.

• Moderators

I'm sure you remember Christian Laettner very well Posted Image

If he would change his name back to BJ then I'm all for giving him a shot. I don't trust a guy named Byron.

You are up for giving any BJ a shot.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

etc.

• Like 1