• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Does DF have something up his sleeve?

PaceRam

Arm hair.

I read he waxes.I just hope it's not Jennings or Ellis.............b/c I would be forced to cheer for their sorry shot chucking games.In fact I might even quit watching, on a game by game basis, for the 1st time in my life.
  • Like 4

• Premium Member

Korver didn't love it here thaaaat much that he'd re-sign and say he believes in what Ferry wants to build.He has something planned, options on the table. They might not all pan out but I'm sure he isn't going to freak out and do something stupid if one option doesn't work (CP3/Dwight). Just move on to our next best option..

Edited by cam1218

I'm not concerned with "making a splash" and all that. From the 90 free agents of this year I know of, Danny got 3 of the 9 I wouldn't have minded having in their role. I disagree with anyone who says this offseason, or next, makes or breaks Ferry. It wasnt built in a day, ladies and gentleman. I don't doubt his vision to ultimately build a franchise with a wide open window of Finals contention. The main goal is stop LeBron James. Ferry would have as good an idea as anybody on how to craft a 5 man unit who can do this, and Im starting to think Millsap would be as good a candidate as any to get the most aggressive player alive in some type of foul trouble by any means, on either end, by being 253 pounds, pretty nimble, and smart.

Edited by benhillboy

• Premium Member

Yeah, it is called 2015 cap-space.

This town loves cap-space. Enjoy that!

• Moderators

On Teague: "We'll look at it later today."

On Bynum: "We made a decision to pass on that opportunity. The risk for us... didn't make sense."

On Josh: "No we did not (make an offer), we decided to go in different directions."

On the Rooks: Dennis will participate, "we're very excited about him... we are very intrigued." "Hopefully, Dennis turns into a player where everyone knows his name." Bebe: Still dealing with FIBA issues, "he WILL participate (summer league)"... unsure if he will play next year due to FIBA.

On tanking: "One of the best ways to build a team is through the draft... Those picks at the top certainly have a higher success rate."

On Monta (Kamla was singing his praises, asking if 4/40 contract sounds about right): "I like Monta." Plans on addressing Teague situation first. "There's a lot to like."

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3

I'm not concerned with "making a splash" and all that. From the 90 free agents of this year I know of, Danny got 3 of the 9 I wouldn't have minded having in their role. I disagree with anyone who says this offseason, or next, makes or breaks Ferry. It wasnt built in a day, ladies and gentleman. I don't doubt his vision to ultimately build a franchise with a wide open window of Finals contention. The main goal is stop LeBron James. Ferry would have as good an idea as anybody on how to craft a 5 man unit who can do this, and Im starting to think Millsap would be as good a candidate as any to get the most aggressive player alive in some type of foul trouble by any means, on either end, by being 253 pounds, pretty nimble, and smart.

The past 3 champions were built in a day
  • Like 1

• Moderators

So basically he said nothing.

Not necessarily, he tipped his hand more than I expected. Showed he's not tank-averse at all, likes Monta (or at least is trying to be nice so as not too argue with Kamla), verified he had no interest in Josh and lost interest in Bynum after meeting with him and his reps. And he sounds ready to go with a large immediate helping of German Chocolate if they decide to part ways with Jeff.

~lw3

He said more than I thought he would as well. Miami and Boston were not built in a day. Riley had to take years of being a low seed in the playoffs so he would have cap space to sign those guys. The decision happened in one day, but the plan took years to clear salary. Boston had two high lottery picks to get Allen and Garnett. We don't have Pierce in house with Jefferson and a top five pick to trade. This does not happen in one day.

• Like 1

Thanks lethal. Glad he's not averse to tanking. I want us to win as much as the next hawks fan but I just don't see it happening next year. Thanks lethal. Glad he's not averse to tanking. I want us to win as much as the next hawks fan but I just don't see it happening next year.