• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Teague happy to be back

macdaddy

Is that why we haven't traded Horf... instead of building around him?? I'm sure that OKC enjoyed that trade of Harden because it got them 2 1st rounders...

This is the welfare mentality that I'm talking about. You obviously don't understand how hard it is to get 10 assists in the NBA today. CP3 in lob city didn't even accomplish that feat this season. So if we have a PG who is doing that and putting up 17, your first thought is to move them off the scene for another player in order to stick with the hopes of a draft pick. Yeah, that's Chumpish behavior. If you learned NOTHING from the Marvin Saga it is what I told you from the beginning, Potential is nothing until it is realized.

Moreover, the way that you build a team is not by giving up players who have realized potential for another shot a tthe draft or another player that doesn't build your squad... but it's by finding out how to keep talent and build thereupon.

You project too much of what you want to believe about people's statements Diesel before carefully considering the true intent of what they say. I said, if you read again, that if Teague did start putting up numbers like you mentioned AND if Schröder was progressing at a rate that he seemed with a fair degree of certainty to be a, new Rondo in the making, then we should trade either of the two if it meant getting us another great player or lottery pick in a draft such as this one coming up where there is a boatload of talent. And yes, I was all for either getting rid of Horford or Smoove while they were both here because, despite Al still being a center, I thought the two were too similar and valuable to keep. You address another position by trading the valuable asset you have duplicate talent at for the betterment of the team. Hopefully this clears up my statement.

And as for the silly if I were a GM comments, I could say the same for you Diesel wishing to keep Joe because of your over-valuing of him and what I felt was your stubborn ignorance of his overall salary and actual on the court value in the Hawks progression towards becoming something greater.

teague doesnt have the court vision or passing ability to average 10 assist a game for a whole season.

Add 2.4 points and 2.8 assists to his 2012 nimbers and he's already there. That's only a jump shot and a few extra passes a game. Chip on his shoulder = a jump shot and a few extra passes a game.

Edited by hazer
  • Like 1

I got a question then. Why in the f*** did we draft Dennis then? Why not just bring Harris or some other ok PG in to backup Teague. I mean, if HE'S the future, why tickle our balls with drafting a real, raw, bonified PG? And don't tell me "because the draft was weak"

Edited by IllestPamfilis

• Premium Member

I got a question then. Why in the f*** did we draft Dennis then? Why not just bring Harris or some other ok PG in to backup Teague. I mean, if HE'S the future, why tickle our balls with drafting a real, raw, bonified PG? And don't tell me "because the draft was weak"

Depth? Or maybe Ferry feared Teague's asking price would be too high??? Dude did put up 15ppg and 7apg last season.

• Like 1

Because Dennis can't hit the side of a barn with a bass fiddle at the moment. Maybe in time that gets better, but our opponents wouldn't even have to guard him at the moment.

hahaha...that me laugh.

• Moderators

teague doesnt have the court vision or passing ability to average 10 assist a game for a whole season.

I'm not convinced that's true. It seems that way watching sometimes but then at the end of the season he is 7+ assists per game. I wouldn't have guessed it. So he was 7+ with Josh bricking shots all over the place and Devin Harris, Lou Williams running the point for large chunks of the game. If he's the real starting and finishing PG with the guys we have I can see him adding 3 more assists.

• Premium Member

I am cracking up over people seriously suggesting Teague is going to average ten assists a game next season. Really? Only in NBA 2k14 folks.

Moderate ie realistic expectations would be 15/7 again. I see him scoring slightly more while the assists stay the same. Josh not wasting 30% of our half court offense is offset by his fast break opportunity for assist to dunks. So Teague's assist numbers should stay the same but the scoring should go up very slightly.

• Moderators

I am cracking up over people seriously suggesting Teague is going to average ten assists a game next season. Really? Only in NBA 2k14 folks.

Moderate ie realistic expectations would be 15/7 again. I see him scoring slightly more while the assists stay the same. Josh not wasting 30% of our half court offense is offset by his fast break opportunity for assist to dunks. So Teague's assist numbers should stay the same but the scoring should go up very slightly.

We'll see. Its hard to say because we don't know what offense is going to be run, but you are also overlooking that when Teague drives to the hole our PF won't be standing at the 3 point line.

his court vision and passing ability looked fine last season. U guys are ridiculous. 10 APG is hard to get for even the best PG's though, but don't act like dude is a terrible facilitator

Edited by Cwell

• Premium Member

We'll see. Its hard to say because we don't know what offense is going to be run, but you are also overlooking that when Teague drives to the hole our PF won't be standing at the 3 point line.

Trust me, not having Chuck McChuckerson out there is reason enough to watch the games.

The problem with what you are suggesting is how very hard it is to average ten (or more) assists a game over an eighty two game season. Only one guy did it last year and he missed most of the season. And that guy wasn't CP3 or Deron, it was Rondo. The year before that? Only two guys Rondo and Nash. The year before that only three guys in Rondo, Nash and Deron.

So for Teague to suddenly go from seven assists to TEN assists is almost statistically impossible. I will let some of these advanced metric gurus to come up with the hard math but there's no WAY Teague is going to do it. And if that is now the standard we hold Teague up to then prepare for major disappointment.

• Premium Member

There's no sense in holding Teague to a "10apg average or else" type of thing. Since when is 15ppg and 7apg out of your starting PG 'mediocre' performance? I do see him scoring more next season though, like 17-18ppg. Schröder is a very gifted passer and has some good intangibles, but let's get real here, that's about all he has right now. Give the kid some time to develop into a more complete player.

• Moderators

7+ a game is solid and I'm not suggesting that he will average 10/game for the season. All I'm saying is he has the ability. Without re-reading it all it seemed to me that it was suggested that Teague is not a good passer and that he most likely won't improve. I disagree with both. There again, the offense has as much to do with it as anything.

his court vision and passing ability looked fine last season. U guys are ridiculous. 10 APG is hard to get for even the best PG's though, but don't act like dude is a terrible facilitator

I didnt say his vision or passing ability is terrible I just said it isnt good enough to average 10 assist a game. That isnt a knock on his game. Few point guards have that. You have to have elite vision and passing ability to average 10 assist a game. 10 assist a game is cp3, steve nash, rondo territory.

• Moderators

I think Teague is a mediocre passer as PGs go. He has improved significantly over his 4 years in ATL which is great to see and I expect more improvement in the future but I doubt he will ever be a great playmaker. I wouldn't rely solely on numbers either since I have seen plenty of people who aren't very good (IMO) at running an effective offense put up significant numbers (like Stephon Marbury, Allen Iverson, etc.) but I think the fact that he has developed into a more prominent role in the offense is important for the next 4 years with him.

• Like 1