• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dennis Schröder is better right now than Jeff Teague

NBASupes

If Jeff had PG skills or was a reasonably paid 6th man, you can call me a superhater saying the stuff I say but as a starting PG, what have you seen from Jeff that's more impactful than Dennis?

People actually have to guard Teague.

• Like 1

Career numbers:

Jrue Holiday -- PER 15.1, TS% 0.508, eFG% 0.478, ORB% 3.1, DRB% 9.4, TRB% 6.2, AST% 28.8, STL% 2.3, BLK% 0.8, TOV% 16.9, USG 22.3, ORtg 101, DRtg 106, WS 14.4, WS48 0.071

Jeff Teague -- PER 15.5, TS% 0.534, eFG% 0.489, ORB% 1.1, DRB%, 8.0, TRB% 4.6, AST% 29.0, STL% 2.5, BLK% 1.2, TOV% 16.5, USG 20.8, ORtg 105, DRtg 105, WS 14.3, WS40 0.106

So, no. Not only is Holiday not a better player. The ONLY thing he does better than Teague is rebound.

Honestly, I'm not sure what Dell Demps was thinking when he made this trade. The 76ers made out like bandits.

You read into stats far too much. Way too much.

People actually have to guard Teague.

So people don't guard Dennis?

He was hitting today and what makes you think he can't improve his shot in the off-season.

i replied to your comment that Dennis was already better than Teague. Maybe in time, but he'll have to be able to do much better than this against real NBA defenders.

i replied to your comment that Dennis was already better than Teague. Maybe in time, but he'll have to be able to do much better than this against real NBA defenders.

I never said he was better than Jeff at everything. Just said he is a more impactful and better player than Jeff is. This should make Jeff play his normal position which is 6th man.

No one is saying what Jeff is better at, you are just saying you think Jeff is better. We had to kill some of our motion offense last year to adjust to Jeff. How are we going to run a Spurs level offense which is a mix of euro ball and the motion offense which is even harder for a PG with Jeff when he couldn't run the stuff we had last year? It's like taking a C student in Algebra 2 and putting him in Calculus and expecting better results. Common sense seems to fail many of you guys.

Edited by nbasupes40retired

• Premium Member

He is better overall. He is more impactful in terms of running an offense, passing, getting others open shots, flair passing, controlling the tempo, defensive intensity, offensive BBIQ, and he is elite at running the PnR which is Horf's game.

We need not to waste time starting Bobby Jackson 2.0. Start Schröder now.

Posted Image

Summer League Champion.

Former Hawks players in Summerleague.

• Like 1

Teague is a better overall player right now. But Schröder is the better point guard right now. I think it will take Schröder a year or so to be completely comfortable. Schröder is a better playmaker and defender than Teague right now. It's a luxury for us to have such a great backup prospect in Schröder.As far as jrue Holiday vs Teague, I think the league sees jrue as the better player. I personally like Teague better, maybe because I'm biased. I don't think Teague will get us a return in trade as the Sixers got for Holiday. I agree that Sixers really did well with that trade. Dell got kinda dumped on. Lol.

No one is saying what Jeff is better at, you are just saying you think Jeff is better. We had to kill some of our motion offense last year to adjust to Jeff. How are we going to run a Spurs level offense which is a mix of euro ball and the motion offense which is even harder for a PG with Jeff when he couldn't run the stuff we had last year? It's like taking a C student in Algebra 2 and putting him in Calculus and expecting better results. Common sense seems to fail many of you guys.

We killed our motion offense because of Jeff ?.......lol why did I comment! If Jeff killed LD motion offense why the hell would he influence the bucks to go after him so hard?...maybe you forgot smith was on the team last year and that he is real killer of the motion offense.We don't have common sense?! You act as if your opinions are facts. I seriously don't know why people argue with you when we all know you hate Jeff Teague....it's like trying to convince "D" to like Marvin on this board it's not going to happen.Anyways I'm not trying to argue with you on this topic I rather not waste my time cause I get how you feel and my feelings are alot like others who are in support of Teague but let me tell you this.....Many hawk fans including myself feels that Teague had both Johnson and smith in his way while trying to develop...in other words let us eat our crow this season if Teague does not show out. I mean I get you despise Teague but you have to admit when Johnson departed he got better now that smiths gone lets see if he gets even better! If he doesn't this upcoming year you will certainly be right my friend and I will be the first to say "hey nbasup made us eat crow, he warned us".I had these same feelings towards the clippers since they got Paul and I still do. I despise Blake Griffen and like I have been saying for 3 years now the clipps will not even get close to a championship even with Doc as head coach.....lol and people eat crow every year when they argue with me about the clippers.

I has to confess i am here on this board because of Schröder, and would be excited and happy when he gets the chanche to start.

BUT i like Teague game, and i think he is much better then DS at the moment so i don't think it would be start to bench him for Schröder. I can imagine maybe some games where Schröder and Teague play together, with teague acting like a creative SG since after Teague the Hawks Guards ain't the best.

• Premium Member

Teague is a better overall player right now. But Schröder is the better point guard right now. I think it will take Schröder a year or so to be completely comfortable. Schröder is a better playmaker and defender than Teague right now. It's a luxury for us to have such a great backup prospect in Schröder.As far as jrue Holiday vs Teague, I think the league sees jrue as the better player. I personally like Teague better, maybe because I'm biased. I don't think Teague will get us a return in trade as the Sixers got for Holiday. I agree that Sixers really did well with that trade. Dell got kinda dumped on. Lol.

This is nonesense. We have yet to see Dennis playing against the MEN of the NBA. He's look good (as a passer) against the boys trying to make a squad who were mostimes lost. Hell Salim Stoudamire would have wiped the floor with Dennis and the rest of these chumps. He was a SL professional. Don't you remember Salim Dominating summer league so that Marvin was in awe of his intensity.

The point is that you can have guys who look great in SL and show everything you want to see, but it's still summer league.

We killed our motion offense because of Jeff ?.......lol why did I comment! If Jeff killed LD motion offense why the hell would he influence the bucks to go after him so hard?...maybe you forgot smith was on the team last year and that he is real killer of the motion offense.We don't have common sense?! You act as if your opinions are facts. I seriously don't know why people argue with you when we all know you hate Jeff Teague....it's like trying to convince "D" to like Marvin on this board it's not going to happen.Anyways I'm not trying to argue with you on this topic I rather not waste my time cause I get how you feel and my feelings are alot like others who are in support of Teague but let me tell you this.....Many hawk fans including myself feels that Teague had both Johnson and smith in his way while trying to develop...in other words let us eat our crow this season if Teague does not show out. I mean I get you despise Teague but you have to admit when Johnson departed he got better now that smiths gone lets see if he gets even better! If he doesn't this upcoming year you will certainly be right my friend and I will be the first to say "hey nbasup made us eat crow, he warned us".I had these same feelings towards the clippers since they got Paul and I still do. I despise Blake Griffen and like I have been saying for 3 years now the clipps will not even get close to a championship even with Doc as head coach.....lol and people eat crow every year when they argue with me about the clippers.

While Josh does hurt any offense he is in at times due to his bad shot selection and decision making skills on offense Jeff was no angel as well. Jeff struggled even more than Hinrich to get us into our sets. Most of our motion offense was scraped from what it was at the beginning of the season. Just because LD wanted Teague didn't make him good at running that offense. He could just want him for other reasons like his ability to attack, he is versatile, you can spot him at SG, he is fast as a missile and quick as a squirrel. Jeff is a talented player and potentially a top 50 NBA player in the right spot of his abilities. That might be a lot more of the reason LD wanted Jeff instead of his lack there of ability to run an offense.

You lack of common sense if you think Smoove is the reason way our offense looked completely stagnant when Jeff had a usage rate higher than CP3 and he over-dribbling more than Mack in SL. You also lack common sense if you think a player who struggled quite a bit with a more basic offense will just instantly pick up a more complex offense having even more responsibility to distribute now that Smoove is gone. I think you and many others love to blame Josh but Josh is also a major factor why Al got good looks. More so than Jeff.

If you feel you are wasting your time, why come and post on this subject then? You didn't have to reply. It is not like I think what you are saying is all that important. I am not at the edge of my seat waiting to see what JTB thinks about my opinion on Jeff Teague.

I think you and the Hawks fans who view things like you are dead wrong. I don't think Joe or Josh got in the way. We never said Joe or Josh got in the way of Bibby. Not once, it's funny that when players fail, we have a tendency to blame other players for it. Why can't you just expect maybe Jeff doesn't have a PG skill-set.

The difference between your opinion on LAC and others is you dislike is because of bitterness. I don't dislike Jeff because of his game. I dislike him because he is our starting PG and he can't play to our personnel strengths at all. There is a reason Josh never respected him from Day 1.

Edited by nbasupes40retired

He is better overall. He is more impactful in terms of running an offense, passing, getting others open shots, flair passing, controlling the tempo, defensive intensity, offensive BBIQ, and he is elite at running the PnR which is Horf's game. We need not to waste time starting Bobby Jackson 2.0. Start Schröder now.

I thought you retired ?

This is nonesense. We have yet to see Dennis playing against the MEN of the NBA. He's look good (as a passer) against the boys trying to make a squad who were mostimes lost. Hell Salim Stoudamire would have wiped the floor with Dennis and the rest of these chumps. He was a SL professional. Don't you remember Salim Dominating summer league so that Marvin was in awe of his intensity.

The point is that you can have guys who look great in SL and show everything you want to see, but it's still summer league.

I didn't see Dame Lillard this time last year v. men of the NBA but I knew he was better than a number of PG's in the NBA and he is better than Jeff. Sometimes you don't need all of that. I just need to see BBIQ, skill-set, talent, and your consistency. There is nothing that tells me at PG, Jeff is as good as Dennis. Nothing.

• Premium Member

He is better overall. He is more impactful in terms of running an offense, passing, getting others open shots, flair passing, controlling the tempo, defensive intensity, offensive BBIQ, and he is elite at running the PnR which is Horf's game. We need not to waste time starting Bobby Jackson 2.0. Start Schröder now.

hmmmm mmm...Possible! The only thing stopping me from signing off is recalling Marvin Williams winning a summer league MVP.

• Premium Member

I played point guard in college many moons ago and it is probably the one position in basketball where you can see natural instincts the most in the game. You either have that vision, that knack of finding guys and putting the ball to them in a position where they can make a high percentage shot or you do not. Teague does not have that natural vision. Dennis does. Dennis is a pure pass first point and that kind of organic feel to the game is not coachable. You either have it or you do not.

I already said I want to see Dennis start so chalk me in as another that would rather move Teague and start Dennis than watch Dennis go through two years of sitting on a bench before having a chance to start simply because the other guy is making more money.

• Like 3