• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dennis Schröder is better right now than Jeff Teague

NBASupes

No way, definately worse than: Paul, Rose, Deron, Westbrook, Irving, Curry, Rondo, Wall, Parker, Rubio, Lillard ,Lawson.About the same as Conley and HolidayDefinately better than Dragic, Jennings, Hill, Walker....Calderon, Lowry???(you kidding right?)

Conley is one of the best PG's in the NBA. Jeff is mediocre. They couldn't be any further from each other.

Jrue is better than Jeff. He is a better scorer, better defender, can run an offense decently but is still superior to Jeff at running an offense.

He's not definitely better than any of those guys if even as good.

I really think you don't understand what you need to be a PG. Maybe you are just looking at talent and that's it. If I was looking at just talent. My top five would be:

1. Westbrook

2. Rose

3. Wall

4. Irving

5. CP3

No other true PG would come close but at PG, it's about more than talent. If it was about talent, Marbury>>>Nash. But since they are PG's, Nash>>>Marbury.

Edited by nbasupes40retired

Conley is one of the best PG's in the NBA. Jeff is mediocre. They couldn't be any further from each other. Jrue is better than Jeff. He is a better scorer, better defender, can run an offense decently but is still superior to Jeff at running an offense. He's not definitely better than any of those guys if even as good. I really think you don't understand what you need to be a PG. Maybe you are just looking at talent and that's it. If I was looking at just talent. My top five would be: 1. Westbrook2. Rose3. Wall4. Irving5. CP3 No other true PG would come close but at PG, it's about more than talent. If it was about talent, Marbury>>>Nash. But since they are PG's, Nash>>>Marbury.

I understand what a Pg is, Conley has been starting for 7 seasons, Jeff just 2, if we compare the stats at a similar age, Jeff is better, if we compare impact at a similar age, Jeff is better, Jeff has been improving all the years, I agree Conley is better defensively but on offense Jeff is already better and the gap will be bigger this year.About Holiday has been already discussed, he is not better scorer, needs a lot of shots to score, TO prone...

I understand what a Pg is, Conley has been starting for 7 seasons, Jeff just 2, if we compare the stats at a similar age, Jeff is better, if we compare impact at a similar age, Jeff is better, Jeff has been improving all the years, I agree Conley is better defensively but on offense Jeff is already better and the gap will be bigger this year.About Holiday has been already discussed, he is not better scorer, needs a lot of shots to score, TO prone...

I don't compare stats, different personnels, different roles, different coaching and at different points of their career. I look at skill-set, ability, BBIQ, and bunch of other things. I never seen a time where I said Teague is going to be a good PG. I knew Conley was going to be after his 2nd year. I knew he was going to be real good during his contract year. With Jeff, it remains the same.

Good talent. Top 50 talent. Barely has any PG skills. Isn't a great scorer or defender. He is in the same realm as Bobby Jackson to me who was one of my favorite players. I really like Jeff's game but not as a starter. Not a chance in hell as a starter.

Holiday is a better scorer, better defender, and better player with a gap. Their roles are night and day and teams respect Jrue A LOT more than Jeff. Once again, the only person hyping Jeff over Jrue is KB21 who doesn't watch the games and just compares stats aloofly.

• Premium Member

I see you guys saying well he is only averaging 9/6 like he was making passes like crazy all game long. If we can actually finish open layups and shots, he is likely around 15-20 APG in a 40 minute game. You really think if you put him on a court with Horf and Korver that he wouldn't be eating in terms of assists?

Like I said, if you watch the games, you wouldn't be trying to make blanket statements. Westbrook had more assist than Rubio. So that equals Westbrook is a better passer than Rubio to some fans who never watch or understand the game.

Posted Image

• Premium Member

I can name more than 15.

Rondo

Deron

Lowry

Rose

Irving

George Hill

I think Jennings is better if you put him around a very good supporting cast not Milwaukee but I'll leave him out since that's what if's.

Kemba, I felt Kemba was better last year. One of the only bright spots for Charlotte last year.

John Wall

Conley

Jrue Holiday

Tony Parker

Ty Lawson

Rubio

Lillard

Westbrook

Steph

CP3

Old Steve Nash

If Dragic had a better supporting cast, he would be better, see Jennings.

I think Jarrett Jack and Calderon is just as good as Jeff.

Jeff is a mediocre PG to me with good overall talent.

Posted Image

• Like 1

I was excited that Zeke was raving about Dennis as well. That says a lot. I don't care what people think of Zeke but he was a top flight point guard. One of the best the NBA has ever seen. The thing about Dennis that stands out to me is his leadership, control, pace and confidence. For a guy this young to have those tools already is pretty scary. His defense is off the charts as well. The guy seriously can harass you full court on D and has those long arms. I don't think I've been this happy about a Hawks draft pick for a long long long time.

• Premium Member

George Hill

3PM-3PA 3P% FTM-FTA FT% RPG 2012-13 Regular Season 1.7-4.6 .368 2.3-2.8 .817 3.7 GP MPG PPG FGM-FGA FG% 2012-13 Regular Season 76 34.5 14.2 5.1-11.5 .443 APG BLKPG STLPG PFPG TOPG 2012-13 Regular Season 4.7 0.3 1.1 1.8 1.5

Jeff Teague

GP MPG FGM-FGA FG% 3PM-3PA 3P% FTM-FTA FT% RPG APG BLKPG STLPG PFPG TOPG PPG 2012-13 Regular Season 80 32.9 5.5-12.2 .451 1.1-3.1 .359 2.5-2.8 .881 2.3 7.2 0.4 1.5 2.3 2.9 14.6

• Premium Member

I was excited that Zeke was raving about Dennis as well. That says a lot. I don't care what people think of Zeke but he was a top flight point guard. One of the best the NBA has ever seen.The thing about Dennis that stands out to me is his leadership, control, pace and confidence. For a guy this young to have those tools already is pretty scary. His defense is off the charts as well. The guy seriously can harass you full court on D and has those long arms. I don't think I've been this happy about a Hawks draft pick for a long long long time.

I like his defense and his instincts. But this topic is just stupid. 1 star indeed. The reason being is that Dennis has yet to play against anybody and he has yet to play with anybody. Thus far, his report has said that he has dominated High Schoolers and looked good in summer League. Sounds like Marvin all day. The point is that until we see him out there against real competition playing with real players in a true offensive scheme where he has to learn something and not just be good at unorganized basketball, it means nothing.

Why do you think that Salim, Glover, Marvin, and even Shelden looked good in Summer League?? It's because SL doesn't require anything but reaction. "the scout" keeps calling for skillsets but then he rejects every one. The point is that when you look at Teague skillsets, they have been vetted by the PRO GAME against NBA players with contracts. You can't say the same about Dennis. That makes a big difference. I thought I could really post up players until I played against some pros (with contracts). I found that they don't go for fakes, they don't jump, they are not easily pushed and so all the domination I showed against college players and guys who would go on to be pros meant NOTHING.

• Premium Member

I'm sorry but if there were another PG that was putting up Better PPG, APG and FG% than Teague and not just better APG but by 3 three assist, there would be no discussion about who were better. So why are we having this discussion?

Edited by Diesel

I played point guard in college many moons ago and it is probably the one position in basketball where you can see natural instincts the most in the game. You either have that vision, that knack of finding guys and putting the ball to them in a position where they can make a high percentage shot or you do not. Teague does not have that natural vision. Dennis does. Dennis is a pure pass first point and that kind of organic feel to the game is not coachable. You either have it or you do not.

I already said I want to see Dennis start so chalk me in as another that would rather move Teague and start Dennis than watch Dennis go through two years of sitting on a bench before having a chance to start simply because the other guy is making more money.

You do not need a pass 1st point guard to win a championship. As a matter of fact lately its been a staple of a team thats good but not good enough to win a title. Chris Paul is the staple of what you described and hes never won shyt.

• Premium Member

I won't dispute the numbers, but from what I've seen in games and head to head in the playoffs, it's more of a wash as there's not a great distance between Hill and Teague imo.

That's the thing. The numbers stand UNDISPUTED and INDISPUTABLE. It's normal for a fan to downplay their own players and think that the grass is greener on the other side. If you're not winning, it's what you do. There are clipper fans that downtalk CP3? So downtalk about your own players is nothing new. However, when you consider that Teague amassed his numbers in a motion offense with Josh Smith choking out most assists... you have to realize that Teague is pretty darn good.

So Bricky Schröder shot 30% overall and 22% from 3 in the summer league which is well known as a defensive extravaganza.. I cant wait to see him vs nba defense. Brandon Jennings shooting will look like Kyle Korver when u compare him to this kid. Im sure his turnovers will go down vs nba players as well. Im not saying the kid doesnt have abilty but saying he is better than Teague right now is vegetable. He is not ready to start for us period.

Edited by NJHAWK
  • Like 1

So Bricky Schröder shot 30% overall and 22% from 3 in the summer league which is well known as a defensive extravaganza.. I cant wait to see him vs nba defense. Brandon Jennings shooting will look like Kyle Korver when u compare him to this kid. Im sure his turnovers will go down vs nba players as well. Im not saying the kid doesnt have abilty but saying he is better than Teague right now is vegetable. He is not ready to start for us period.

FG% are usually way down in summer league compared to the real NBA season. That's very common.

PG's as the centerpiece of a NBA team do not win championships for the most part. That has been proven for the last 25 years in the NBA. The only PG who was the centerpiece to win a ring at PG was Zeke and Magic. Magic was 6'9. Billups wasn't a centerpiece, Detroit didn't have a centerpiece player. They had a collection of very good players. So any PG, true, scoring, combo, defensive etc isn't winning a title as the centerpiece on his team.

That's what I was trying to tell everyone blindly praying for Paul, as well as why I think Zeke is way underrated as a Great. He basically whipped Jordan into the maniac he was. I can't wait till we play the Clippers this year and dominate them in LA like we did last year as just an illustration how Paul dominating the ball is barely enough to sneak in the second round for an early exit. At 22 mill a year, the Clippers signed their deathnail. I'm calling it: Shredder draws a technical out if Paul with his pressure. Hell, you can build a championship team around every other position on the floor in today's NBA more soundly than PG.

• Premium Member

Schroeader hasn't played in an NBA league game lolol. I'm loving he's getting atention but so were so many innumerable scrubs throughout the history of summer league. Let's not lose our heads here until we at least see him be effective against actual NBA players, instead of scrubs and rookies trying to make teams. IF he doesn't develop his offensive game the guy will never even be a starter in this league with his current skill set so let's at least see him play and improve before we crown him.