• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Braves are Smokin Hot !

DJlaysitup

• Moderators

I'm not worried about Mac leaving. Wren is a brilliant GM, he knows Mac is integral to having the best staff in the Majors (Top 2 or 3 in ERA, WHIP, Avg. Against, and Quality Starts). He, Brian, and his agent will find a way to get it done. McCann knows how special it is to be drafted by the Braves and one day have that jersey up there next to The Greats.

I agree with that but to me that means saying goodbye to Gattis. We could keep him another year as a the backup I guess because who knows if ultimately he will be a good hitter. But from what he's shown this year he needs to get a shot somewhere.

Uh hell no...we better not let Gattis go for any reason. I don't care what has to happen that guy needs to be here hands down.

• Moderators

What the Hell! What is wrong with the damn Mets. First Hudson and now Heyward. Damn glad we have Gattis now but losing Heyward is a big blow. I don't see him coming back this season. I know it wasn't intentional but let me just say that was a terrible terrible pitch.

Anyway. I'm pretty pissed about the way this is going. Not at anyone in particular but just mad in general. When is Atlanta going to catch a friggin break.

Mets have been a thorn in the Braves side this year. They have played the Braves the toughest of any NL East team. Now they take out another one of our player. I know neither was intentional. They are badluck.

Good thing we got Jordan back when we did. We should be fine running Gattis-Jordan-J.Upton for rest of the year. My only concern will this long layoff impact how well Heyward was playing. He should be back in time for the playoffs.

Edited by Braves

• Moderators

Gattis hasn't had a hit in 8 games and his average has dipped 15 points to 238. Really bad timing. Now BJ is complaining about playing time even though he is 1 for 31 with 15 strikeouts. Damn. Be glad you ain't in AAA. He and Uggla I just can't believe complain about being benched when they are striking out 50% of their at bats. The ego on some of these guys is amazing.

Gattis hasn't had a hit in 8 games and his average has dipped 15 points to 238. Really bad timing. Now BJ is complaining about playing time even though he is 1 for 31 with 15 strikeouts. Damn. Be glad you ain't in AAA. He and Uggla I just can't believe complain about being benched when they are striking out 50% of their at bats. The ego on some of these guys is amazing.

Yeah, that is pretty unbelievable. We have to eat their contracts this year, but I would hope Wren is bending over backwards trying to find places to ship these dudes to next year. Awful players with just as bad attitudes.

Just saw the replay of Justin injury. It look like the ball hit off his forarm and then probably hit his hand. At least that should take some of the impact off how serious the hand injury could have been. Let just hope it isn't too serious. At this point I don't give a crap if it was an accident. I am getting really pissed off at these other teams injuring our players.

This is one of the best Braves teams I've ever seen, World Series or not. At full strength they're as close to flawless as you can get, and we don't even have an All-Star in the starting rotation, let alone 3 like the Mad Dog, Tommy, Smoltzy days. I almost forgot Hudson was here. Wren, Gonzalez, and McDowell couldn't do a better job. Manager and Exec of the Year easy, but of course the national media is too lazy, biased, and stupid to realize it.

Edited by benhillboy

Can somebody explain to me why Dan Uggla isn't in AAA? Tie game, bottom of the ninth, 2 on, 1 out, 3-1 count, and he swings at a ball a foot outside the zone into a double play. I hate him. It's not like BJ would've done anything after him though. How are our two highest paid players our worst?

Edited by benhillboy