• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Net Watch - Atlanta's Right To Swap 1st Round Picks With Brooklyn

coachx

I am back on the tank wagon. Winning ain't worth shit with this undersize not talented at all bunch. I hate watching these guys play knowing our peak is average and our worse is average. It's like being a C student. The best you can do is a C but the worse is probably a C. WTF?

Edited by nbasupes40retired

I am back on the tank wagon. Winning ain't worth shit with this undersize not talented at all bunch. I hate watching these guys play knowing our peak is average and our worse is average. It's like being a C student. The best you can do is a C but the worse is probably a C. WTF?

Don't give up hope of the Nets getting us a lottery pick. The Nets are talented when healthy but Brook Lopez just sprained his ankle and left the game. How many more games will Deron's ankles hold up ?

I'm sorry but why tank? The talent to win a championship may be in the lottery but the culture around the team won't be here anymore. Once that superstar gets here there won't be a team to put around them. The loser players we get in trades in our attempt to tank will still be losers (mentality and in talent). Not to mention, if we already have trouble attracting good players here in free agency, what makes you think they'll come after seeing us lose intentionally. We'll become a team like Cleveland or Orlando if we're lucky, or a team like Denver, or Toronto. Even worse, we become the 2005 Hawks or the Wizards. Either we become a team with a superstar who is held ransom when our star goes in search for greener pastures or we miss on every pick and become 'an average D student'. I'd rather build a team that focuses on developing the talent it does have instead of looking into the unknown for answers.

the nets are playing much better now. D-will was the key. Hes back and is looking like an all star again. I think the dream of us receiving a lottery pick from the nets is close to dead.

It was really a pipe dream to think this team was going to be bad long enough to get us a top pick.

• Like 1

I'm sorry but why tank? The talent to win a championship may be in the lottery but the culture around the team won't be here anymore. Once that superstar gets here there won't be a team to put around them. The loser players we get in trades in our attempt to tank will still be losers (mentality and in talent). Not to mention, if we already have trouble attracting good players here in free agency, what makes you think they'll come after seeing us lose intentionally. We'll become a team like Cleveland or Orlando if we're lucky, or a team like Denver, or Toronto. Even worse, we become the 2005 Hawks or the Wizards. Either we become a team with a superstar who is held ransom when our star goes in search for greener pastures or we miss on every pick and become 'an average D student'. I'd rather build a team that focuses on developing the talent it does have instead of looking into the unknown for answers.

So basically you are saying Atlanta doesn't have a good gm and you don't trust him enough to build a team using picks and young players. If you don't trust Danny Ferry to draft correctly and develop talent properly, you obviously don't think Ferry will ever get this team over the hump while being "competitive".

And I'm sorry, but I'd rather look into unknown answers at this point. This team has been irrelevant for years while "winning" and it hasn't gotten this franchise a damn thing. The majority of teams in the NBA all undergo a rebuild at some point, so this organization's laughable attempt at delaying the inevitable is infuriating.

Edited by Zone

So basically you are saying  Atlanta doesn't have a good gm and you don't trust him enough to build a team using picks and young players.  If you don't trust Danny Ferry to draft correctly and develop talent properly, you obviously don't think Ferry will ever get this team over the hump while being "competitive".  And I'm sorry, but I'd rather look into unknown answers at this point. This team has been irrelevant for years while "winning" and it hasn't gotten this franchise a damn thing. The majority of  teams in the NBA all undergo a rebuild at some point, so this organization's laughable attempt at delaying the inevitable is infuriating. 

When did I say Ferry couldn't draft properly? What I said was that if we do tank more than likely we will just be bad. Say what you want about our 'winning' but it does count for something, just not much. Instead of telling the rest of the league we are losers I'd rather have a franchise in which we win because we developed talent along the way rather than taking a shot in the dark and ending up with nothing. I have faith in Ferry and Coach Bud because they are committed to turning this franchise into a winning program that gets the best out of their players.

if we have a star player here that players want to play with free agents will come here regardless of our history or our "culture".

The reason why we have trouble attracting major free agents because no1 wants to play with players we have here. No1 cares about playing with teague or horford.

The clippers were a lottery team with the worst owner in sports but were able to attract CP3 solely because of blake griffin.

The knicks were barely a playoff team but carmelo forced his way out of denver so he could play with amare.

then we saw over the summer how iggy went to GS cause he wanted to play with curry and how d12 went to houston cause of harden.

Our issues are deeper than that. We don't get free agents largely because we don't pursue the them. Half these players we miss on don't go on to do much on their teams either. What we need to do is focus on the talent we do have and make moves as they appear. Tanking isn't a viable option if you can't properly develop the talent you draft.