• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Net Watch - Atlanta's Right To Swap 1st Round Picks With Brooklyn

coachx

And.... Sixers won and they are ahead of BKN (4th worst team in the league right now). Their record when MCW plays is 9-11 Posted Image

Raptors won too!! Against Pacers, one of the toughest games. If my memory doesn't fail, I think they were 8-3 since they did the trade, so now they are... 9-3 since the trade!!! They reached 50% too and 5 and a half games ahead of BKN Posted Image

It was a perfect night for us.

Important games for today:

Magic at Cleveland (both Vucevic and Kyrie are game time decision)

Celtics at Chicago

BKN at OKC (!!!)

NYK at SAS

Bucks at Utah

76ers at Sacramento

Since we have to pay attention to BKN position, that's like a full coverage of the NBA Posted Image

• Like 1

• Premium Member

At least Kidd is realizing he should give more minutes to Alan Anderson and Livingston instead of Joe. Their hustle actualy shows up in the boxscore and on film. Joe doesn't even try to hide his laziness. If anyone can show video of him making a chase down block, or diving on the floor, or dunking in someone's grill, please post it so I can be amazed. How about discussing strategy with his teammates instead of looking like a zombie? Or Maybe check his tracking stats. I dont have to even look at them to know he's near the bottom of the league in drives from the perimeter, at 235 pounds.He's an awful player, always has been. I turned even the most loyal Joe fans into doubters and haters over the years. You can have a locker room full of tough, passionate guys. Insert Joe, and everyone starts to not give a f@&k and enjoy their money. How he's one of the 5 top highest paid players yet skates without a mention from the media is beyond me. People always ask "what's the problem with the Nets?" Not wishing injury on anyone, but let him go down and see how much more competitive they are. Every team Joe has left has achieved more without him. The Nets can rest assured their fortunes will improve when they find another fool to take on his contract.We saw it up close and personal the constant blowouts that took place under his "leadership". That's why it so easy to predict these 20 point laughers whenever they go up against a quality team. I would've expected San An would take it to 30. We'll smoke em by at least 15, and I can't wait to see Joe struggle in all phases of the game and all areas of the floor.

Uh, no you did not. Nice try to pat yourself on the back though. Joe was a beast in Atlanta and trying to make crap up to rewrite history isn't going to fly.

My take on Joe in Brooklyn is this: he went from being the Alpha 1, 2 and 3 dog to being used as a spot up shooter like he was all the way back in Phx and he's not buying into it. I also think it is fair to say that at this point the contract and his role have combined to really kill his competitive drive. I've seen several Nets games and outside of a rare huge game from him he looks completely disinterested and yes, even lazy most of the time.

Those kind of mega deals rarely seem to work out for teams.

• Premium Member

It's possible that Brooklyn's talented players had hit that wall where u suddenly can't play at the level they had always played at.That might be true for PP, Joe and Garnet. I think for Deron it is injuries that has been holding him back. The team will go as he goes.

When Deron is healthy their team works. When he is hurt it slows to a crawl. If Deron ever gets healthy that team could go on a huge win tear to make the playoffs.

When Deron is healthy their team works. When he is hurt it slows to a crawl. If Deron ever gets healthy that team could go on a huge win tear to make the playoffs.

I hear you on Deron bring healthy ....but they aren't just losing games, they are getting blown out in these losses. That is also about effort.

• Premium Member

I hear you on Deron bring healthy ....but they aren't just losing games, they are getting blown out in these losses. That is also about effort.

That's when he isn't in the game. When he is healthy that team is completely different. I think at this point the team may be trying to get Kidd fired as that kind of lack of effort is usually a team trying to kill a coach.

• Premium Member

I don't care what u say, joe will always be respected by me. Dude balled for us when no one else would. I still have my jj jersey and still rock it

I can't "like" this post enough. Joe was the man for us. He may be playing out the string for the Nets now but that doesn't change what he did for us.

• Like 1

I don't care what u say, joe will always be respected by me. Dude balled for us when no one else would. I still have my jj jersey and still rock it

Me too. I rock my jersey with pride. We can't forget what he did for us when nobody else would.

• Moderators

Maybe it's just one of those "rookie coach" pranks... ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srcQHFNGEOs

The Brooklyn Nets leave the court early after a loss, leave coach Jason Kidd hanging (Video)

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/brooklyn-nets-leave-court-early-loss-leave-coach-155541150--nba.html

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3
  • Like 2

We can agree to disagree on Joe. Before Al got here we were a lottery team under his "leadership" but our GM was too incompetent to cash in. Boston got rid of the guy as a rookie, and went on to win it all. Phoenix laughed at the money he was asking, and only went on to the Conference Finals a few years later. And us? We have one of the most promising long term futures in the NBA because of the didvidends he's paying for not being here! Please stop me if any of these aren't facts. Brooklyn is no different: theyre mired in mediocrity or worse as long as he's on the books. I don't see how you call him a "beast" when he's always been a stranger to the free throw line, never dunks, or lights any fire under his teammates. Maybe Joe's fans should watch a little more ball around the league, modern 2 guards do a whole lot more than dribble out clock and shoot jumpers. Derozan dunks 20 times to his 1. Jimmy Butler fights for rebounds amongst bigs, Joe rather watch a rebound hit the floor. Wade loves to dive on the floor, Joe shuffles around the pile up. Kyle had a chase down block on one of the craftiest small finishers in the league in Kyrie, Joe wouldn't even try past half court before he hangs his head. Paul George ran rings around him off the ball, Sefalosha wouldnt dare allow it. How many young guards have posted triple doubles since he last did? Hitting a game winning jumper every couple months ain't s&@t. Hes supposed to be a scorer and has never dropped 50 in his whole career. Tony Delk can do that. Taking $200 million and giving 70% or less effort is how I remeber his stint here. And he stated verbatim he doesn't care what you think.He's a 6 time All-Star (which is a joke) starting 2 guard at a prime age for God's sakes. You mean to tell me he can't do anything to stop the nightly embarrassment of his team while making 25 milli? You say beast, I say bum. If you have NBATV, watch how much of a cancer he is to his team through his lackadaisicalness on the floor tonight.

Edited by benhillboy

• Premium Member

We can agree to disagree on Joe. Before Al got here we were a lottery team under his "leadership" but our GM was too incompetent to cash in. Boston got rid of the guy as a rookie, and went on to win it all. Phoenix laughed at the money he was asking, and only went on to the Conference Finals a few years later. And us? We have one of the most promising long term futures in the NBA because of the didvidends he's paying for not being here! Please stop me if any of these aren't facts. Brooklyn is no different: theyre mired in mediocrity or worse as long as he's on the books. I don't see how you call him a "beast" when he's always been a stranger to the free throw line, never dunks, or lights any fire under his teammates. Maybe Joe's fans should watch a little more ball around the league, modern 2 guards do a whole lot more than dribble out clock and shoot jumpers. Derozan dunks 20 times to his 1. Jimmy Butler fights for rebounds amongst bigs, Joe rather watch a rebound hit the floor. Wade loves to dive on the floor, Joe shuffles around the pile up. Kyle had a chase down block on one of the craftiest small finishers in the league in Kyrie, Joe wouldn't even try past half court before he hangs his head. Paul George ran rings around him off the ball, Sefalosha wouldnt dare allow it. How many young guards have posted triple doubles since he last did? Hitting a game winning jumper every couple months ain't s&@t. Hes supposed to be a scorer and has never dropped 50 in his whole career. Tony Delk can do that. Taking $200 million and giving 70% or less effort is how I remeber his stint here. And he stated verbatim he doesn't care what you think.He's a 6 time All-Star (which is a joke) starting 2 guard at a prime age for God's sakes. You mean to tell me he can't do anything to stop the nightly embarrassment of his team while making 25 milli? You say beast, I say bum. If you have NBATV, watch how much of a cancer he is to his team through his lackadaisicalness on the floor tonight.

I don't even know where to start with this but since this isn't about the Nets losing I don't want a mod to come in here and start deleting posts and issuing warnings. I will say that you are dead wrong on Joe when he was in Atlanta. Who cares if he scores by a high light dunk or a floater? Joe was a 20/5/5 and an excellent on ball perimeter defender in Atlanta. That's what we care about.

The fact he literally looks like he's given up in Brooklyn is sad but that's how he is NOW not how he was for us. That's all I'm going to say about it in this thread.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Dunks or no Dunks, Hawks Joe was twice the player Dero is in Toronto. There really aren't any 2 guards in the league right now that I would pick over Joe in his prime. Phoenix had their best team by far and went to the conference finals with Joe (lost to the champion Spurs, Joe played with a broken nose etc.), The start of their decline was after he left. I wasn't a fan of the 1 on 1 play either, but how much of that is on Woodson, and how much of that is on Joe?? He didn't play like that at all in Phoenix... Also, he is not at "prime age" since he is closing in on 1000 games played in his career, and with heavy mintues (37mpg for his career). He is on the downside of his career just like PP and Garnett.

Joe may not have been as good as his raw stats, and he may not be as good as one thinks when you're talking about a 6 time all star. (which btw, he deserved to be in since every other 2 guard in the east sucked during that stretch), but he is also nowhere near as bad as you make him out to be.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Good lord these guys can't look any more dysfunctional or disinterested. The only thing left is locker room dissension and that seems inevitable at this point.

Just watching the pre-game show, I didn't know Kidd was calling them out every day in the paper for poor effort, and Deron Williams disclosed he had an injury, but didn't say what it was or discuss it further. Wtf? Ferry saw this coming. And for that, I thank him.

Edited by benhillboy

Now the Thunder up 11. Got 2 great laughs: Deron had one o the loudest bricks I've ever seen and KG got an alley oop blocked by KD. I love that Adams kid. He's rugged and smart. Lamb is looking damn good too. Pierce has had a spring in his step lately too I've been noticing. He blocked Sefalosha's and Ibaka's jumpers.

Edited by benhillboy

Thunder up 15 at the half playing their B- game. I love Kidd man, its tough to see him floundering on the sideline, assistants drawing up plays and all. He's just overmatched. His starting lineup matchups tonight tell you all you need to know.

Edited by benhillboy