• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dennis Schröder to the d league

jrok23

• Premium Member

I'm just thinking the hawks are gonna do like they do with all their other draftees never use them their rookie year and just end up trading them

My thoughts exactly. The worse thing they can do is retard Dennis's growth so some journeyman 12th guy like Mack can get minutes? Not smart.

The fact that Bud has more faith in a journeyman 12th man what does that say about Dennis - he is just not ready. He needs consistent playing time and he won't be seeing any with the big boys anytime soon. The DL can only help him because sitting on the bench won't.Oh Dennis we had such high hopes for you!!He'll be lobbing it up to JC - good luck!!

Edited by JayBirdHawk

• Moderators

I actually thought he should be getting minutes based on his decent play early on but this is cool. Mack is 23 years old so its not like we are playing TLue in his waning years over Dennis. Calling someone 23 a journeyman is a stretch IMO. I think they see Mack still has potential to improve and is already playing damn good.

• Like 1

The problem with Mack is he can't play the pick-n-roll well and thinks he is better than he is at times; taking the ball away from Teague and ISOing. He is a better scorer than Dennis at this time though, so maybe Bud sees some George Hill in him. I don't but maybe he does.

My thoughts exactly. The worse thing they can do is retard Dennis's growth so some journeyman 12th guy like Mack can get minutes? Not smart.

Journeyman? He's in his 3rd year and he was the starting PG for a tremendously successful college team and a brilliant head coach. He's proven to be the best backup PG the Hawks have had in I dunno 20 years? He plays good D, he can knock down the 3, he gets his teammates involved and he knows how to control the tempo. Just because he wasn't a high draft pick doesn't mean he can't turn out to be a valuable NBA player and asset.

• Like 3

• Moderators

Sounds like good news to me! It's been painful watching Jared try to run the PG position in Bakersfield. Passing, defense, shooting, there's been little to write home about. Maybe Dennis can eat up most of Jared's minutes there and let JC cut his teeth a little more at SG instead.

Looking at Jenkins, though... is there room for three guys from the same team on the Jam?

~lw3

• Like 3

Did this happen? Or is this a suggestion?

If Shrod was demoted, I'm not surprised. He hasn't been getting any minutes and Mack has evolved into a solid backup PG. Many members on this forum suggested Mack would be playing at this level when we signed him last year. I'm glad to see he has developed. I believe Bud is a major reason to his growth.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Bud is pretty high on Mack. He simply outplayed Dennis when given the opportunity. Dennis will be fine though. He has all of the raw materials, he just needs a little seasoning. I have no doubt he's gonna 'ball out' in the NBDL and come back a better player.

• Like 1

This is terrible! The world ends.

Not really now his butt won't injured from splinters sitting on the pine and he can actually get some game time and develop and play the NBA style of basketball. And don't worry he will be up and down between the DLeague and the Hawks. We did the same thing with Jenkins and Scott last year quite a bit.