• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - HEAT

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

^Or, maybe the ESPN and Yahoo guys thought the game was in the bag for us?

~lw3

Last check. Yahoo's fixed, but as of 12:45 AM Eastern ESPN's isn't. Says we're 16-12 ("Won 4") and Miami's 20-7 ("Lost 1"). "We've won 4 straight! Heat lose!" I guess I'd have been upset if the Hawks won and they did the opposite.

~lw3

Hey guys longtime Hawk fan, frequent reader, but rarely ever post dude right here!

That game tonight was absolute BS!!!!!!!!!! The refs were beyond ridiculous. Terrible calls on Sap. Ghost calls all over. DMC DID NOT touch Ray Allen! I rewinded DVR and watched it slowly and paused the game and could tell that not even a finger touched Allen.

I ranted about it on Facebook and a guy I know commented "Completely right. I watched that with a Heat fan and even he agreed."

Refs completely gift wrapped this for the Heat, absolute trash.

Go Hawks!

• Like 4

Perhaps they could have won that game if that piece of shit Carroll hadn't fouled Allen.

Are you serious?!....DMC did not touch ray it was a ghost call! Even the Miami fans knew that!..this is one of the reasons I hate the nba refs today, that was a Durant foul.

Perhaps they could have won that game if that piece of shit Carroll hadn't fouled Allen.

SMH, Carroll never touch Allen at all, that is one of the wacky calls and non-calls of those refs. Tonight, we show the NBA that even with the tacky officiating that this team is going to be a pleasure to look at and they fought tooth and nail, i do not even remember when we ever done this during a regular season game. Good Job Hawks, they will get the win for sure next time.

• Premium Member

SMH, Carroll never touch Allen at all, that is one of the wacky calls and non-calls of those refs. Tonight, we show the NBA that even with the tacky officiating that this team is going to be a pleasure to look at and they fought tooth and nail, i do not even remember when we ever done this during a regular season game. Good Job Hawks, they will get the win for sure next time.

Ah yes... The moral victory!! Who wasn't expecting that one. Here's the bottom line, it's tiring seeing teams like Miami and others get real victories while we get screwed by refs and have to settle for the moral victory. Atrocious officiating on last night's game. I talked at my TV last night before the "foul"... saying " No fouls on a three point shot.. no fouls on a three point shot.. Especially you DeMarre." And I know that DeMarre technically didn't foul but he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. I wonder if he would have not jumped at all, would Ray have made the shot? How would the refs have screwed us then? But what made it worse is that nobody has commented on the fact that DMC never touched him. It's like an expected outcome. It's like they get so many mulligans in order to get the score that they expected.

And nobody in the media will say a word.. This is what we expected. It's like.. why even play the game if the refs and the media has expectations going in that the Hawks are supposed to lose. It's like Wrasslin. It doesn't matter how it's done, Hulk Hogan is supposed to beat Iron Mike Sharp every time. Even if Sergeant Slaughter comes down and hits Hogan over the Head with the flag and Mike Sharp capitalizes and goes for the pin... The ref is going to slow up his count and Hogan is going to kick out before three because Hogan is supposed to beat Mike Sharp. So....How is basketball different?

Let's face it... We are the Iron Mike Sharp of basketball.

Posted Image

Edited by Diesel
  • Like 2

Very pleased with the effort of the guys and how everyone has bough in to what Bud is selling. I love the quote by Spoelstra on how we score so easily. He realizes that no one other than the Spurs last June get that many high perfentage lay ups against the Heat, and it's because of the constant movement off penetration. Our offense is fine, it's our defense that is still a couple steps below contention.When LeBron hit those back-to-back pull up threes I knew the writing was on the wall, let alone the numerous bogus calls and no-calls, but what else is new on that front. And Ray is one of my absolute All Time Favorites, but we made him look 13 years younger than he is. And of course the much maligned Beasley would show out and have a nice little run against us. Hate that Sap had to lose his best shooting game from 3 in his career, Teague was relentless, and Shelvin leads the second unit with confidence almost every game now. Loving this little scrub team. We may not be able to defeat the Top 4 teams in the league, but we'll always give them a run for their money and they respect us afterward. We're only a couple players away, hopefully the Nets continue their outstanding season and help us out with that. Our system and leadership is firmly in place. Let's Go.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

And I don't know Mike Scott's three point percentage off hand, but I wish he'd refrain from shooting them against top tier teams at least. The play of the game came around 4 minutes I think: I forgot who the penetrating guard was, I wanna say Lou, but he drew the baseline defenders from each corner, just the way the Spurs draw it up. Mike Scott in his right peripheral, hits him for the wide open three that ricochets off the left iron and gets the Heat off and running. Who's wide azz open in the left corner you ask? Kyles. If he recieves the pass, we win.

Hots, you cool and all but that gif as hot as it is isn't really appropriate bro.

I hear you on that - especially seeing that pop up at work - just uncomfortable.I may have to put Hots on my ignore list - that'll be a first for me adding ANYBODY (not even you Supes, lol) on ignore. Edited by JayBirdHawk

I'm proud of this Hawks team and love to watch them. From reading the game reports on ESPN, others may be noticing how well we are playing. Maybe if that keeps up we can eventually gets some calls too.

I can't think of anything to say but positives as far as Coach Bud goes. He really has the players buying in on his system.

• Like 2