• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

No reason anymore

Alex

Now that Kyle no longer has the streak going. There is nothing worth watching on this team. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Now that Kyle no longer has the streak going. There is nothing worth watching on this team.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You outta yo mind. Scott, Moose, Pero, and pulling for losses here on out are all the reasons I need to watch. Especially if Schredder starts getting in games and putting up nimbers. It's all about the future now, and that's exciting as hell. Lott-er-y! Lott-er-y! Lott-er-y!

• Like 2

Detroit doesn't want to make the playoffs. Charlotte wants to just so they can say they hosted two playoff games this century.

KK is perfectly suited to be 6th man coming in for instant offense and could thrive in that role like J-Craw did. At both the 2 and 3 next year.

....Hopefully we end up in the 6-10 pick range....

That would be awesome if it could happen...but can it?

The mock draft I looked at today had us picking a slow-footed Euro-shooter at the #15 spot. If I'm not mistaken about how the Ping-Pong ball game works...we would have to actually have the 6th to 10th worst record to get those picks. So not only would we have to lose enough to miss the playoffs - we would have to get passed by a good many more bad teams.

At this point I think that is impossible. Most of them aren't dumb enough to go on a winning streak

While I'm a "competitive tanker"...I think we have just waited too late. I dunno. Actually - hopefully - we would at least draft a guy who has real NBA impact potential and try and develop him. I really worry about drafting too many slow Euros - even if they can shoot.

P.S. - to be fair I also just saw another mock showing us drafting at #16 and taking T.J. Warren, 6-8 SF out of N.C. State.

6-8 - Small Forward - NC State

A big wing player with a high skill level.

Pros

A polished offensive player who has surprising ball handling and scoring ability. Gets out on the break well and is always looking to score the ball.

Shoots it well from mid range and has great accuracy from downtown (but on limited attempts). A very efficient offensive player who scores well on runners in the lane and around the basket.

Good rebounder and has active hands on defense.

Cons

Is not as quick or explosive as other wing prospects. Has average foot speed and is a little slow on the back peddle and lateral movement.

Is not a great free throw shooter.

Projection: late lottery to mid first round pick

Edited by DJlaysitup

I dont understand why he sat the whole 4th quarter.

Because we were dang near down 30 and he was ice cold from the field and from 3.

As great as the streak was, the streak is NOT as more important than the team.

So what was Bud to do? Leave Korver out there until he makes a 3, even if he went 1 - 14 FG and 0 - 9 from 3 before he made a shot? Do we look to Kyle everytime down the floor, just so he can keep the precious streak going?

If after 28 minutes of play he hadn't made a 3, and was having a terrible shooting night overall, it was time for the streak to end. It was a great streak.

Some of you mentioned bringing Korver of the bench...

Anyone else get the feeling we're going to make a run at Gordon Hayward this offseason? Seems like a Ferry type guy (High BB IQ, good shooter, modest contract, former Jazz player Posted Image

How would you all feel about his signing?

Hayward is a restricted free agent . . . which means we'll have to overpay him to get him. He's a decent all around complimentary player. He was given the opportunity to be "the man" this year in Utah, and hasn't played well in that role. But as the 4th option on a team, he'd be a nice addition.

• Like 1

I say the opposite. I'll say that Bud didn't even think about putting him back in the game after being down 30 in the 4th quarter.

I know you now prefer to take the negative side of things but why on Earth would you think that? Bud and their staff have been well aware of Kyle's streak for a long time now and I see zero chance that they would intentionally keep him on the bench and take that away from him. Kyle on the other hand hasn't cared about the streak that much from what he's said to the media and I'm sure it's quite a relief to him that it's over.

• Moderators

I know you now prefer to take the negative side of things but why on Earth would you think that? Bud and their staff have been well aware of Kyle's streak for a long time now and I see zero chance that they would intentionally keep him on the bench and take that away from him. Kyle on the other hand hasn't cared about the streak that much from what he's said to the media and I'm sure it's quite a relief to him that it's over.

I think that's half right. Kyle said he was bummed that it was over so I think he cared. But I think he has too much pride to go back in at garbage time just to jack threes. I agree, I'd be surprised if the staff didn't ask him if he wanted back in.

• Like 2