• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Jazz

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

Funny how I am getting mad about the Jazz blowing it. This season is wasted...Knicks have been playing well...we can't start winning now....the bucks are next for us. There is no positive about getting the 8th seed with 30 wins. It will be a shame to miss out on this particular draft with this crappy record.Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I tell ya what... I'd be awfully disappointed in myself if this was a year ago. I bashed the tankers, but now I'm on the wagon. 2014 draft is just too good and we can't miss out again. Not another decade of mediocrity.

• Like 2

• Admin

Honestly, what's so sad is talent wise, we aren't even as good right now as Utah. They just have no depth and crap coaching. We are so f***ed if we can't find away to tank the rest of the season.

we have excellent coaching, players who work hard, chemistry, and defined roles....that is why we can win with less talent. That would be great earlier in the season or last year but right now we have to lose. NY is trying to get in....let's let them. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wish Antić was younger so he could get a longer deal.Millsap will easily double his career threes made in one season. If that ain't player development what is.Love Lou being in the doghouse, although my hope for Dennis wanes a little with every game. I don't question his effort, but he has a long way to go to get to even Trey Burke. All further Rondo comparisons should be outlawed.I want a nice pick and all, but feeling bad about a win simply ain't in me, especially watching Kyle's shoot the pill. A team that plays together and shares the ball like this gets my full support, win or lose. Lets Go.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 4

Love Lou being in the doghouse, although my hope for Dennis wanes a little with every game.

I feel the opposite. I love what I see from Dennis. Hell he was the reason the Hawks made the comeback tonight unfortunately. He gets great penetration and finds open guys all the time.(Someone feel free to do what they want with that sentence.) The score sheet doesn't reflect this because no one hits their shots except Brand and sometimes Scott.

• Admin

I wish Antić was younger so he could get a longer deal.Millsap will easily double his career threes made in one season. If that ain't player development what is.Love Lou being in the doghouse, although my hope for Dennis wanes a little with every game. He has a long way to go to get to Trey Burke. All further Rondo comparisons should be outlawed.I want a nice pick and all, but feeling bad about a win simply ain't in me, especially watching Kyle's magnificent shot lead us there. Lets Go.

i understand what u r saying but what is gained with a30 win playoff team and missing out on a draft which might have multiple franchise players that could make us relevant and marketable. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Man, we can't lose for winning! lol

"the Delta Center", really? That's what happens when I wait until the hour before the game to write-up a thread!

Speaking of "Energy Solutions..." You better watch out.... Larry Drew is coming to town!

~lw3

• Like 3

i understand what u r saying but what is gained with a30 win playoff team and missing out on a draft which might have multiple franchise players that could make us relevant and marketable. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My brain isn't wired for long-term. I like good basketball tonight. I couldn't be a GM, and I'm fine with that. Frankly I can't wait for the lottery format to change because I'm tiring of he the revolving argument where no one is right. I respect the Tank and don't dismiss it, certainly in a supposedly loaded draft and absolute security at Head Coach. But I tend to bet on a sure thing, and Tanking is far from it. Everyone looks at the Spurs and Cavs as examples. I love Timmy more than anyone, but the carefully built franchise model there is the foundation of their success and it's not even close. And some great franchise the Cavs are after their Historic Triple-Tank. Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

So do you think the Spurs would still be as successfull if it was carefully built with Teague and Horford as opposed to Tony P and Duncan ? If you like sure things then you'll LOVE more mediocrity with the way things are going right now.I understand wanting to see the hawks win, we all want that in some way... but as that smart European guy with the weird hair said, it's insane to do the same thing over and over with hope of a different result.

Edited by Mdizzle5
  • Like 2

Dangit I come back from my bball league to watch the Hawks win. :-( I love Sap and Korver but one or both need to pull a hammy. COMON KNICKS, CAVS, PISTONS, PELICANS.

Talent spread too thin or something.

League should be set up so that, instead of the losers winning everything

in the draft lottery, the team or two teams with the worst records had to

be eliminated and their assets liquidated, IE, players distributed to other

teams. This way, if you wanted a team to remain in your city, you better

not end up in last place.

A couple of years of this and we would see better teams in the NBA and

not a bunch of teams with two or three players who should be in the

development league, trying to lose every night.

If that losing city wanted back in the NBA, they should entice another team

to move there.

Don't you get tired of seeing some teams become the sacrificial lamb to

the elite teams? All star players getting together and forming their own

team have really messed everything up already. Now, like a cowardly dog,

we have teams that just roll over on their back and say, "Here I am."

What do I think of tanking? It stinks. I hate the entire idea. If your team's

focus, when they take the floor, isn't to win the game, then they should

simply quit, default and go home.

GO HAWKS!! WIN!!!

• Like 2

to move there.

GO HAWKS!! WIN!!!

Or how about we send the 2 worse teams to play the next season in the D-League Posted Image. They return the next season to be replaced by whoever has the worse record.

• Moderators

Or how about we send the 2 worse teams to play the next season in the D-League Posted Image. They return the next season to be replaced by whoever has the worse record.

They return the next year - if they are one of the two best teams in the D-League.

• Like 3

to move there.

GO HAWKS!! WIN!!!

So the first half will never happen, it is all about money and there is no way the NBA would ever want to lose a team from a major market.

The second point is valid, I hate watching teams tank, but until there is a change to the system in a real way it will stay. When the collusion started happening the NBA should have stepped in and stopped it, however since it didn't we get teams trying to pull the three big stars away from other teams. If you are not one of those? Well, you are probably not going to be a contender. It is a shame, it sucks, but it means under the current structure you do what you have to in order to win, and right now that is lose. We need to hope the Hawks either lose and miss the playoffs OR they get a miracle in the draft. You need that ONE superstar in order to entice the others. You don't get all three in free agency. Every team starts with that ONE guy in the lottery and then gets people to want to come. It is why we are stuck in mediocrity, we don't really have that one exciting guy that others want to come play with. While I love Horford and Milsap was a great pickup, they are not a Dwayne Wade, Paul Pierce, Kobe, KD, Griffin...those are the guys (or were in some cases) that the others want to play with.

So until they fix the NBA. I hope we lose out and get into the lottery AND make a good pick in that lottery.