• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Can Doug McDermott slip to us?

ATLHawks3

What do you guys think about Doug McDermott? He's a natural scorer, and is probably going to be an elite 3 point shooter when he gets to the NBA. The star forward for Creighton is averaging and outstanding 26.8 ppg 7.1 rpg and 1.6 apg (.526 FG % and .460 3P FG %). Not saying that he could be the next Larry Bird (due to poor ball handling and passing ability) but you can certainly see comparisons in their scoring ability. Would he be a worthwile pick for the Hawks? He can potentially play the SF or PF positions in the NBA. He's a ferry guy and you can already plug him in at the starting SF position and watch him easily drop 16 per game.

• 1 month later...

I think we already have Doug McDermott in the form of Mike Scott. Tweeners whom you play on nights when they are plus players because they are hot offensively. If he proves me wrong and can be a starting SF he could be one of the steals of the draft.

• Moderators

I think we already have Doug McDermott in the form of Mike Scott. Tweeners whom you play on nights when they are plus players because they are hot offensively. If he proves me wrong and can be a starting SF he could be one of the steals of the draft.

McDermott is WAY better offensively than Scott. More consistent grid shooter, better at attacking the hoop, and better ball handler. Yes, both are tweeners, but where Scott favors more PF, McDermott favors SF skillset. He is the most NBA ready player in this draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

McDermott is WAY better offensively than Scott. More consistent grid shooter, better at attacking the hoop, and better ball handler. Yes, both are tweeners, but where Scott favors more PF, McDermott favors SF skillset. He is the most NBA ready player in this draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I totally disagree with you for the record. Never seen McDermott consistently attacking the hoop or dribbling the ball enough to tell if he can handle at the NBA level and I honestly don't think enough of what he does offensively will transfer to the NBA for him to be "way better" offensively than Scott.

Edited by MrMeltdown

• Moderators

Uggghhh... yeah. McDermott is on a whole another level when talking about offensive production. He is a more consistent shooter than Scott, better off the dribble, better in the PnR/PnP, and can start in this league. He is 5th on the All-Time NCAA scoring list. McDermott and Scott are equals defensively. Nothing against Scott, but McDermott is tenfold the offensive player that Scott is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZLwWxfkTEI0

• Like 1

Going against much better athletes night in and night out in the NBA and will be playing the 3 spot where his lack of athleticism on the perimeter will be very apparent. He will be damn near invisible around the rim, ball handling is mediocre at best. I will be extremely pissed if we decide to take this guy.

He would be Korver's replacement if we got him imo.

like I said previously, having a Korver replacement AT THIS time is less of a need. We need athleticism and defense on the wings.

I would like to at least give John Jenkins a shot at being KK's replacement.

Either him or Zach LaVine are prospects that I would really like us drafting. I can't see why some of you guys wouldn't want the most NBA ready prospect in the draft and probably the 2nd best pure scorer (behind Jabari) in this draft. The guy will impress you with his outside stroke, and his plethora of moves at getting the ball in the bucket.

• 4 weeks later...

post-2992-14003618326537.jpg

Hell you talmbout?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

After looking at his measurements. He is basically Korver when Korver was starting at the SF spot. Will present the same problems for us on defense as having Korver play SF's. His size is not good enough to play PF in the pros he is smaller than Mike Scott in length and athleticism.

I didn't think he'd slip past Detroit with their Josh conundrum but now I also doubt he'd get past Charlotte. They really need shooters next to MKG and Jefferson and I think MKG is big enough to cover even some PF's in smaller lineups.

Going against much better athletes night in and night out in the NBA and will be playing the 3 spot where his lack of athleticism on the perimeter will be very apparent. He will be damn near invisible around the rim, ball handling is mediocre at best. I will be extremely pissed if we decide to take this guy.

He is a good athlete, seen him enough trust me. My Xavier muskies have plenty of solid defenders over the years that tried to slow that guy down and he makes them look silly. Just because hes pale doesnt mean hes not a rider. hahahahah clint eastwood movie

• Like 2