Falcons moves and who will we draft.

Diesel

Hearing rumors about us moving our second round pick and maybe another late rounder to KC for Berry. Would easily be the best offseason ever if we can manage to do that without giving up our first. The draft can't get here fast enough

• Like 1

• Moderators

My wants (that I never get, but I keep trying!)...

1 (6) Khalil Mack, OLB, Buffalo (Clowney really, but I'll be happy with this guy, too. Trade as far up as you need to get one or the other.)

2 (37) Antonio Richardson, LT, Tennessee (I'll be happy with either blocking Vol, although I suspect JuWan James will be gone first.)

3 (68) Philip Gaines, CB, Rice (Adds depth to the secondary and allows Arenas to focus on special teams with Hester)

4 (103) Shayne Skov, ILB, Stanford (A little checkered history, but ATL's well past the Choir Boy stage. Better in 3-4 but good behind Dent.)

4 (139) Tre Boston, FS, North Carolina (More flexibility in the secondary, can compete for the starting spot right away.)

5 (147) Arthur Lynch, TE, Georgia (He'll be focused on offering blocking help at the line.)

6 (182) Kevin Pierre-Louis, OLB/S, Boston College (A sure tackler doesn't hurt at this stage.)

7 (220) Gabe Ikard, C, Oklahoma (Can eventually help revitalize the short-yardage running game.)

7 (253) Michael Sam, OLB/DE, Missouri (If the SEC DPOY is still available by then, and he just might be, why the heck not?)

7 (255) Chaz Sutton, DE, South Carolina (We get a Gamecock DE! W00t! Undersized but good insurance at this spot.)

~lw3

Heading into the draft Matthews was the guy I wanted the Falcons to draft if they went OL. Robinson may have a higher upside. His pass protection and he still needed time to develop. Falcons needed someone who was ready day 1. Plus you can't deny the bloodlines he come from.

BnKNprJCcAAMIU-.jpg

• Like 2

Exactly what I've been saying from the beginning. Not the sexy pick but a much needed pick. Plug and play guy from day one. Stick him on the line and forget about him for the next decade.

TD said Jake will be the RT. The right side of that line is looking very good now w/Jake & Asamoah. I still have some questions about the Center position though. Hopefully with Tice Konz or Hawley can solidified that position if they don't do anything else in the draft.

Tomorrow draft need to be concentrated on improving the LB core which is very weak at the moment. Weatherspoon can't be counted on. Bartu and Worrilow were great finds last year. Their is huge depth concerns and we still do not have any pass rushing to speak of.

Matthews will be on the right side this year but please believe he was drafted to take Baker's spot in a year or 2.

And Konz has apparently lived in the weight room this offseason do hopefully he earns the job back and shows y he was thought to be the best center in his class. He knew he needed to work on his strength and leverage and worked hard on it all summer so I dig his work ethic.

And Konz has apparently lived in the weight room this offseason do hopefully he earns the job back and shows y he was thought to be the best center in his class. He knew he needed to work on his strength and leverage and worked hard on it all summer so I dig his work ethic.

He got physically dominated last year. Hope he gets a lot stronger.

As far as rounds 2 & 3 go..........I'm hoping for either Attachou, Ealey, Lawerence, or Van Noy at pick #36 to give us a young pass rusher.

In round 3 you focus on TE and S. I don't see much value at S unless Terrance Brooks is still on the board. At TE I'd hope either Niklas or Fiedorowicz are still on the board. If all 3 of these guys are gone then I take BPA before I reach to fill a need. I think the next tier of S and TEs will still be there in Round 4.

My preference is take Nix at 37 and then trade up into the second to take one of the hybrid edge guys (Lawrence, Attachoa). The trade cost is something like a 3rd and 4th which gets us to #55. \

With Nix, you get a NT that absolutely collapse the interior. Given guys like Breeze and Cam like to step up in the pocket, we need to produce the pressure from the middle instead of just from the edge.

I like Nix but at this pint he would just be a backup and I don't want to spend a 2nd on a backup. Give me Attachou or Ealy and I'm happy as heck.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I like Nix but at this pint he would just be a backup and I don't want to spend a 2nd on a backup. Give me Attachou or Ealy and I'm happy as heck.

I want Attachou next. Kid needs to beef up though but he's bonafide pass rusher/run stopper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want Attachou next. Kid needs to beef up though but he's bonafide pass rusher/run stopper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachou is definitely the way to go, kid will be a 21 year old rookie...still has time to grow into his body. He's also had limited football experience so he can learn and is willing to learn.

I wouldnt mind gettting Nix if we could sacrifice a few later picks and trade back into the 2nd. We need a back up for Solai as his position and skillset is vital for our hybrid defense and he could get hurt at any time. I disagree with reaching for a TE or safety just because we don't have one of either. This draft is weak at both positions and if we draft either at this point we will probably have to back and draft or sign someone again. We have a lot of needs and can probably get away with BPA for the rest of the draft. I don't think anyone we draft at TE or safety will be a whole lot better than Toilolo or the free agent S we signed.

Ra'Shede Hageman is our #2 pick. Big defensive lineman / linebacker.

6'6" and over 300 lb. Apparently trying to strengthen our linemen, which

we desperately need.