• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

*maniacal laugh*

Wretch

I think it's hilarious that you guys are depending on Cleveland and NY to give us a lottery "gift". Just like some of you were praying that Brooklyn would stay bad enough so that we could swap picks with them. It's just sad, honestly.

Looks like the Hawks got called out in the media and they took it personal.

Nice to see Mike Scott have the game that he had Friday night. Because he could easily be one of the casualties in the offseason. So instead of just going through the motions and not helping the team win, he actually played his game, balled out, and got the victory.

We ALL know that it is probably in the team's best interest to not make the playoffs. As a player though ( especially if I were a free agent ), there's no way in hell that I would scale back my game, just so the team could draft someone that could possibly replace me in the offseason.

The GM is the one who built this team. If he wasn't interested in the playoffs, he shouldn't have built a borderline playoff team to begin with. The fact that the only thing he did was to acquire Antwan Jamison in a money grab at the trade deadline, showed me that the GM is sticking to his guns about building a "system", than to acquire more talent.

So go ahead an root for the enemy ( Knicks ) today all you want. Hope JR Smith has a career high today to keep the "tank" alive.

It just makes the fan base look as crazy as ever.

Is there really a significant gap between #12 and #15 to warrant not giving some of these guys playoff experience? Because it's not like the Nuggets and Pelicans are going to actively try to win games either down the stretch. And both of their schedules are absolutely brutal. And you have to depend on the Knicks . . . the KNICKS . . . to beat high quality playoff level teams and pass us. Then you need the Hawks to play like dogs vs dog teams like Boston and Detroit?

So what then? We miss the playoffs, and pick 12th instead of 15th . . and end up with a 2% chance of getting into the top 3?

And this is what all of the cheering is about?

Tom-Hanks-orly.gif

The GM simply F'd up when he didn't build the strongest team he could this year . . . or weakened it enough to almost be guaranteed of a top 5 pick.

And honestly, if he's picking 12th or 15th, he'll probably F it up again with some project pick anyway, instead of getting a NBA ready player that can help us immediately.

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

One spot is the difference between Rondo and Marcus Williams, Al Horford and Kevin Durant, Paul Pierce and Bonzi wells. It is in our better interest to get ourselves into the best drafting position and at least there is a CHANCE we could end up in the top 3.

Other than you have a few more Hawks games to watch, what is the benefit of making the playoffs?