• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Im proud of these guys

NJHAWK

Disappointing loss for sure, but the Hawks showed that they can take one of the best teams in the NBA to 7 games, while dealing with a major injury to Al Horford. It's up to Ferry now, draft a stud in the draft, and hopefully find free agents willing to come play for our system.

• Like 2

• Moderators

I'm excited for next season. We have a lot to look forward to next year:

1. The emergence of Jeff Teague
  2. A healthy Horford
  3. DMC is a solid player for the team
  4. KK will always be KK
  5. Mike Scott makes us deep
  6. Our coaching staff is set for YEARS to come

Some questions:

1. Is Sap a part of the future? - What's more important, Horf at 4 or staying athletic and improving the SF spot. Could Sap play 3?
  2. Will we look to get bigger? - I'm tired of seeing 6'8" Sap and Brand fight 6'10"+ for rebounds. I'm tired of "stretch 5" and undersized SG's.
  3. Will we find consistent scoring? - Indy had George in this series. That was the difference; a guy that can get you a bucket when it matters, but are we destination that could attract a big time scorer and do we have the cap space? Are we primed for a SnT deal over the summer? Sap + Lou for Player X?
  4. Where do we look to fix in the draft? - I'm hoping for a big, athletic wing. Saric, Young, Hood, and Stauskas are good looking prospects.
  • Like 4

Who would think that the Hawks at the beginning of the season was one game away from defeating a #1 seed? With the injury bug that hit us and that awful February and March. i am proud of this team and the future is bright (besides of those haters). We seriously need a Center and SG/SF and that is it.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Just going on the thread title..me too.

We haven't really been able to enjoy the playoffs since the series we beat Orlando.

Better days are ahead for this bunch. We are in good hands.

• Like 3

Coaching staff deserve a lot of the props.

We simply didn't have the shooters (a lot of mediocre shooters other than Korver) or talent to be great this playoffs. A rotation of Antić, Scott, Lou, DMC, Korver, Teague, Sap is something to sneeze at.

• Like 1

I am proud of the guys.

Lets be real, we weren't winning anything this year. Im proud that the guys got the city hyped, played tough and bowed out of the playoffs with respect. There were no terrible losses, there was some heartbreakers but its games i can live with because he had a chance to win each and everyone. We were supposed to tank, EVEN with Horford. After he went down the boys fought at the end to get in the playoffs. I was looking at the lottery but I'm glad now we didn't and fought bravely.

What do we need.

1. Healthy Horford. Horf is so important at the C position because he can also shoot the three and stretch the defense.

2. We need a scoring wing. A player who can create and finish at the rim. Thats what i think we lacked in game 6 with 3 minutes left

3. Either Lou or Mack has to go. IMO they are the same player. They both suck at the pick and roll, both can't finish at the rim and both of them can't attack and create their own shot.

What do we have.

1. A outstanding coach, there is no denying that. If a FA can't see that then they are crazy. A coach that draws up real plays, plays to the strength of the player and makes adjustments

2. A great GM, CEO, and owner who now cares that we build something special.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

If Antić could have made just a couple of shots here and there we would have won that series. We had the #1 seed on the ropes playing 4/5 on offense and were a couple of minutes away from a stunning upset. Feel terribly disappointed because I really felt we had it, but I can't blame this undermanned team for not finding the firepower to put it away at the end. If we had Horford this series would have been ours by game 5.

• Like 2

I am proud of the guys.

Lets be real, we weren't winning anything this year. Im proud that the guys got the city hyped, played tough and bowed out of the playoffs with respect. There were no terrible losses, there was some heartbreakers but its games i can live with because he had a chance to win each and everyone. We were supposed to tank, EVEN with Horford. After he went down the boys fought at the end to get in the playoffs. I was looking at the lottery but I'm glad now we didn't and fought bravely.

What do we need.

1. Healthy Horford. Horf is so important at the C position because he can also shoot the three and stretch the defense.

2. We need a scoring wing. A player who can create and finish at the rim. Thats what i think we lacked in game 6 with 3 minutes left

3. Either Lou or Mack has to go. IMO they are the same player. They both suck at the pick and roll, both can't finish at the rim and both of them can't attack and create their own shot.

What do we have.

1. A outstanding coach, there is no denying that. If a FA can't see that then they are crazy. A coach that draws up real plays, plays to the strength of the player and makes adjustments

2. A great GM, CEO, and owner who now cares that we build something special.

tell mack to pack his bags

• Premium Member

tell mack to pack his bags

Yep i feel Schredder is going to be right on Macks heels for the backup PG position. Unlike others here i feel Dennis can get a lot better and he will make a significant jump this offseason