• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Would you do a Parsons/Asik for Sap/Carroll trade?

GameTime

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2014/story/_/id/10878500/next-moves-atlanta-hawks?ex_cid=InsiderTwitter_rosterreloadhawks

Doolittle: The Hawks have the highest non-lottery pick in June at No. 15, as well as the aforementioned Nogueira stashed overseas. Nogueira is a head-turning, 7-foot athlete, and has a chance to be a high-energy, impact defender of the rim. He'd boost a defense that ranked 28th in block rate in 2013-14 and would have the luxury of developing in a niche role behind Millsap and Horford, while playing alongside Antić on the second unit.

As for a splashier move, how about a trade? The Rockets might have to part ways with an allegedly disgruntled Omer Asik and at the same time, they must figure out what to do aboutChandler Parsons' team option. If they exercise it, he can become an unrestricted free agent next season, and unless Houston decides he's the third foundation player to go with James Harden and Dwight Howard, there might not be money to keep him. If they don't pick up the option, Parsons becomes a restricted free agent this summer, and he's a guy the market is really going to like.

Daryl Morey can address both issues by allowing Parsons to become an RFA, then ship him with Asik in a sign-and-trade scenario to Atlanta for Millsap and Carroll. Millsap becomes a high-level third wheel for Houston, while Carroll is remarkably similar to Parsons, albeit with a lower ceiling, and better defense. Asik upgrades the Hawks' defense and pushes Horford to power forward, while Parsons is an upgrade over Carroll. An Asik, Teague, Korver, Parsons and Horford lineup offers a similar dynamic to what Gregg Popovich has in San Antonio.

Let common sense prevail please.

Would I do it, yes.

Would this be a upgrade, no completely.

Millsap is the best player in this deal.

Persons is a solid player with good talent.

Asik is an average player who is a good defender and rim protector on a awful one year deal where the team pays on 15.4 mil regardless of his cap hit.

DMC is a average player who has great grit and hustle but he has below average talent.

Both team get a clear upgrade for a team standpoint but neither team gets a lot better to this deal.

Atlanta would still need more talent and Houston is still in need of that next level PG but as far as it goes, this is the best deal for both teams where the other isn't ripped off.

Both teams need an upgrade at PG.

Atlanta needs a star talent from Jeff's good talent and Houston needs a good floor general from Beverly below average talent and Lin's below average output unless he is in the right system.

If Houston could land someone like Lawson or Conley. They would be a lock to win it all but that's unlikely. Very unlikely. Even someone like Kendall Marshall would be an upgrade for them.

• Premium Member

without a 1st coming our way, absolutely NOT.

So the Rockets get the best and cheapest years out of Asik's contract and dump the guy for the Hawks to pay him a ridiculous amount of money he isn't even worth and will never be.

So they take one of our all-stars to pair with the drama queen and we get Parsons... seriously. And DMC, it must be really sweet to get a nicely developed player with the contract he's signed to.

Now that I'm thinking it out, forget it, I wouldn't do it even with a 1st coming our way.

We're not Houston's doormat.

Edited by BrazilianHawk
  • Like 1

Sorry guys but I hate the trade!...parsons can't drop 20 when needed like sap and even sap isn't a bonafide 20 point scorer so why take parsons? A guy who doesn't have the same overall offensive talent as sap?

Why give them DMC now? He improved big time, I say keep him.

• Moderators

I think both teams improve but I think lowers the ceiling of the Hawks. That is still a second round exit. Parsons is a good prospect but his defense is lacking and that would be a problem with KK and Teague on the floor. It's nice to think about but no thanks. Maybe a three team trade? IDK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry guys but I hate the trade!...parsons can't drop 20 when needed like sap and even sap isn't a bonafide 20 point scorer so why take parsons? A guy who doesn't have the same overall offensive talent as sap?

Why give them DMC now? He improved big time, I say keep him.

Has DMC improved or is he simply playing more minutes than what he used to play?

I like the trade. If it happened I would be ok with it. I agree that it wouldn't hurt either team.. and it doesn't put either team in a vice with bloated long term contracts.

Asik is paid too much. That is for sure.. but picking him up in a trade gives us options (an expiring deal is always attractive to front office personnell) and I think that's most attractive to DF as he continues to put the best possible team on the floor.

I really like Sap and I hope he does well even if it's in another jersey. You have to appreciate what he did for the team this year but I'm very careful to not get too invested in any players.

I am a big fan of Parson's. He has game and is underrated just because of the big names on his team. He may not be known for scoring 30/game but he's a capable scorer and a solid defender (Last reg season game he gave KD fits. That game against Parson's is the game that ended KD's 30+ scoring streak). He is not a big ego guy. He is the team captain, despite being one of the younger players on the team. He has a knack for the ball and is capable of a double double any given game.

I like the trade. Of all possible, realistic scenarios I think this is one of the better ones.

Wait a year and you can have both in free agency.

Trade for them now and you can lose both in free agency.

In all fairness, all 4 players in this suggested deal will be FA's at the same time so that's really not a valid point.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I lost my lust for Asik sometime ago. So I would say no to this trade.

Surprised nobody else caught "lust for Asik" i guess my mind js in the gutter this morning lol

• Admin

The trade balances out both teams. Milsap gives Houston the dynamic PF they need and DMC is a nice defender that they need.

Asik gives us rebounding and defense and more importantly moves Horford to the PF (this is an important win too).

Parsons is one of the most underrated players in the league and gives us a really good SF finally. He brings size to the wing and can score inside and out. He also is an excellent passer and a good defender. He would fit our offense perfectly.

The trade makes sense for both teams which is why it won't happen

• Like 1

• Premium Member

What people fail to realize about Asik is that, despite his size is that he isn't good. We don't even know if Horford will be healthy next season. The reason we gave Indiana trouble was exactly because of our ability to stretch the floor with our frontcourt, people are screaming for size and we could do with some depth to shore up that particular weakness for sure. But the best teams in the NBA today do NOT have a traditional center in their starting lineup and it is in no way a characteristic which guarantees any sort of success. I'd rather have two great PFs that can stretch the floor than Hoford next to a backup C who is forced to play starter minutes. Parsons is a good young offensive player, I haven't seen him play enough to judge his defense however. Is he that much better than Carrol overall? He has a career PER of 15 which is not impressive at all. I feel we give away more talent on this deal than we get back, and in contrast to a lot of posters on this site I strongly feel that talent>>>size.

• Like 3