• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks pursuing Asik

Vol4ever

• Premium Member

I don't know if we know what our offense truly is. I mean, people saw us against Indy and thought that this makeshift offense was all that we had. Here's the truth. When Horf comes back, we have high post pick and roll with Horf and Teague. A true big man to crash the boards and set secondary picks. And a set of shooters in Korver and Sap.. The other thing is that it would definitely sure up our defense.

Don't let bad coaching/Chemistry make you misjudge a player. Moreover, it's the playoffs. The worst place to judge.

I'm not only judging him based on his previous playoff series. I just don't think he is worth the money he is going to receive next year.

Or because LA absolutely dominated Houston's bigs. Neither Howard nor Asik could do anything against him. If they stop or slow down LA then Houston wins that series.

They did a better job of defending him after game 2 once they took terrence jones out of the starting line up and started asik on him. He went from averaging 44.5 pts on 60% shooting the 1st 2 games to averaging 22.5 on 38% shooting the rest of the series.

• Premium Member

I'm not only judging him based on his previous playoff series. I just don't think he is worth the money he is going to receive next year.

That's irrelevant. In fact, Half of that is off the cap anyway. Here's the thing I see. Asik gives us the chance to see what Horf looks like as a 4. Because in all actuality, Asik/Pero would be a combination that would give us fulltime 5s. Asik rebounds, block shots, and can score in the low post. I don't listen to any of you all who are trying to devalue what Asik can do simply to say you don't want him. You don't have to lie Craig.

However, the other thing that Asik represents is a 8.4 Million dollar savings bond for 2015 offseason. When all the magic will happen. For all of you who talk about Flexibility, signing Asik represents just that. I mean, we would have almost 25 Million coming off the books. If ever you wanted to make a run for a star, this is the way.

Asik doesn't represent savings if the team already has those contracts coming off the books. Unless the suggestion is Horf, Jeffrey or Kyle is being moved for him. Oh how Morey would love to put another notch in his belt for teams he's raped in a deal.

• Premium Member

Asik doesn't represent savings if the team already has those contracts coming off the books. Unless the suggestion is Horf, Jeffrey or Kyle is being moved for him. Oh how Morey would love to put another notch in his belt for teams he's raped in a deal.

I didn't say Savings, I said a Savings Bond. He's held over money. It stops us from going out and spending that money on another Lou Williams who locks us out of the 2015 FAcy picture. Moreover, We really need to assess Horf at the 4 before his contract comes due so that we know what to do with him.

As far as what he would cost. I say it's a safe bet to say a future first... Probably 2016 first protected top 5 or so would get it done if Houston wants capspace. They probably could then send Lin to NY for Melo or to Boston for Rondo.

If there needs to be an exchange of players, since Pero's contract is unguaranteed, we can use him in the trade and after Houston cuts him, we may be able to pick him back up.

And again Morey will cackle like a madman that he can get that kind of value for a player clearly not worth his pay while increasing his ability to add another star to his roster. That is the definition of a win win.

There is no need for a savings bond, the team already has salary coming off the books that will create that space in first place and there is about a hundred game long sample of Al at the 4. We know what we are getting from him as a player and it's entirely moot because we know for damn sure there's no way Asik is starting over or playing more minutes than Sap.

• Like 1

A Blazers team who loses to the Spurs is still a good team. Yeah they didn't do what they set out to do, but they're still a good team in a loaded Western Conference.

Lol I said they were good...I was just making the point that the rockets where suppose to be better than them

• Premium Member

he is an excellent defender and did a good job there in Houston his first year. He and Howard are not good line mates and screwed his game up.

Did an excellent job according to who exactly? Their defensive efficiency was worse than ours that year, his block rate was lower than Horford's. Asik struggled to get PT this year up until the playoffs and Houston was getting smoked with him on the floor. The guy hasn't been a presence in the middle on defense since Chicago, every team and individual stat you could possibly find will back that up.

Would love to have Asik to matchup vs teams like the Heat and to strengthen our weaknesses.

I would not trade Milsap for him though. With Asik's

salary I can't imagine he would command fair market value back.

I would make an offer of Lou + an exchange of 1st round picks this year. A minimum salary may be needed as cap filler but think we could be a little under the cap if we renounce some if our own FA.

They probably would not take such an offer but it can't hurt to try.

• Like 1

Would love to have Asik to matchup vs teams like the Heat and to strengthen our weaknesses.

I would not trade Milsap for him though. With Asik's

salary I can't imagine he would command fair market value back.

I would make an offer of Lou + an exchange of 1st round picks this year. A minimum salary may be needed as cap filler but think we could be a little under the cap if we renounce some if our own FA.

They probably would not take such an offer but it can't hurt to try.

That's a fair value trade but Morey is a realgm type of GM. He likes to heavily win trades. He would want Millsap at the least and we would look at him a freaking dumbass.

• Like 1

Morey is under pressure to get out of the 1st round if the playoffs.

It's obvious Howard and Asik can't play together at the same time and Howard still needs 35 mpg......leaving only 13 mpg for Asik.

I believe Morey will take the best deal he can find for Asik.

Lou + an exchange of 1st rounders may not be his best offer but with Horford returning and BeBe in the pipe line the only way I trade for Asik is if we are getting the better of the deal.

• Like 2

Morey is under pressure to get out of the 1st round if the playoffs.

It's obvious Howard and Asik can't play together at the same time and Howard still needs 35 mpg......leaving only 13 mpg for Asik.

I believe Morey will take the best deal he can find for Asik.

Lou + an exchange of 1st rounders may not be his best offer but with Horford returning and BeBe in the pipe line the only way I trade for Asik is if we are getting the better of the deal.

I am not exchanging first. Asik on the bench behind Horford and Millsap is not worth giving up a real opportunity to improve on one of our wing positions.

• Like 3

• Moderators

I am not exchanging first. Asik on the bench behind Horford and Millsap is not worth giving up a real opportunity to improve on one of our wing positions.

Agreed. 15M price tag and terrible fit for Houston means they need to be losing the deal if they want to unload him. He isn't that great a player.

• Like 1

I believe Horford can hit the three point shot and Asik can hit mid range shot, move Millsap to the three and Korver to the two. Antić, Mike Scott, Lucas Nogueira can be rotating backups. Millsap at the three would be DEVASTATING, as he would be able to post up EASILY.