• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Hawks are like Spurs topics

Dirtybird26

We have the potential to be a more explosive version of the Spurs!We have the system and right players to be insanely good!The only key piece they have that we don't is Leonard...He is a good defender and scorer whose first priority isn't scoring!As soon as we find that oh man watch out EAST we are Arising!

• Like 1

I agree if the spurs were more athletic man they would probably be unstoppable but even then they are still a great ball club

Anyways yeah if we get more athletic and run this system....you are right sir the east better watch out!!!

Edited by JTB

I agree if the spurs were more athletic man they would probably be unstoppable but even then they are still a great ball club

Yeah but the thing is we have a ton of younger/more athletic players an if they gel it all together man oh man!

We were 3rd in the east with our current roster until Al's injury, and after some off season Danny Ferry magic, and with a potentially declining Pacers team we could easily become the new name in the east.

We aren't close yet. Some big moves to get us in that same ballpark.

True. We were right there in terms of assists this season, but yet still quite far away. They have a flip and release for every single action. The play where they flash the roll man but somehow get a two way option pass from the roll man or weak wing to a man in the corner without a defender within 15 feet for a practice three just isn't fair.

But when all the ball and man movement magic doesn't work, it's a pretty good backup plan to just dump it to Timmy. Why, after 15+ years, are we the first franchise to openly aspire to model ourselves after these people?

We were 3rd in the east with our current roster until Al's injury, and after some off season Danny Ferry magic, and with a potentially declining Pacers team we could easily become the new name in the east.

I think the east ranks like this next year come playoff time...

1.Heat (duh)

2.Raptors-showed a lot of potential throughout the year an with Derozan an Lowry with real experience they'll be ready to roll come next year

3.Bulls/Hawks/Wizards-This all depend on if the Bulls snag a superstar like Love or Melo.If they do they will be above us an Washington but if not it will be a right race for the 3-5 seeds!Wiz an Hawks are very young an promising an both are only missing a few pieces to become a true contender.

4.Bulls/Wiz/Hawks-read #3

5.Bulls/Wiz/Hawks-read #3

6.Nets-I think KG calls it a quits so they decline a little bit.An who knows if KG leaves rumors spread that pierce might wanna join back up with Doc in LAC...But Johnson/Williams/Lopez should be able to get them a low round playoff seed

7.Bobcats-Not much will change in Charolette.I expect Kemba an Jefferson to dominate but aside from that nothing special..They could be a 6 seed but anything above is a surprise!

8.Cavs/Celtics-Looks with all these young players like Waiter,Irving,Bennett,Jack,#1 ovr pick,etc. it's time to put the pieces together!For Boston it all depends if they can lure in Love if they can watch out!They could possibly be a Darkhorse contender with a Rondo/Love combo.

An that's my way to early predictions...

That was simply the most bizarre ending to a game I have ever seen...Heat got a 4 point play from Bosh with Duncan guarding him (that's crazy enough) so the Heat go up 86-79 in the 4th Quarter...then...BOOOOM!

Lebron cramps out and the Spurs win 110-95...unbelievable.

1.Heat (duh)

2.Raptors-showed a lot of potential throughout the year an with Derozan an Lowry with real experience they'll be ready to roll come next year

3.Bulls/Hawks/Wizards-This all depend on if the Bulls snag a superstar like Love or Melo.If they do they will be above us an Washington but if not it will be a right race for the 3-5 seeds!Wiz an Hawks are very young an promising an both are only missing a few pieces to become a true contender.

6.Nets-I think KG calls it a quits so they decline a little bit.An who knows if KG leaves rumors spread that pierce might wanna join back up with Doc in LAC...But Johnson/Williams/Lopez should be able to get them a low round playoff seed

7.Bobcats-Not much will change in Charolette.I expect Kemba an Jefferson to dominate but aside from that nothing special..They could be a 6 seed but anything above is a surprise!

8.Cavs/Celtics-Looks with all these young players like Waiter,Irving,Bennett,Jack,#1 ovr pick,etc. it's time to put the pieces together!For Boston it all depends if they can lure in Love if they can watch out!They could possibly be a Darkhorse contender with a Rondo/Love combo.

Not a bad assessment, but this offseason could mix things up a lot more than you give it credit for. Generally agree for the most part though.

• Premium Member

1.Heat (duh)

Let me challenge that:

#1. Pacers - They are still built right.

#2. Heat. - Wade is getting older. Can they keep old man Ray?

#3. Nets. Lopez was the best Center in the game when he left. KG didn't do that much for this team and they have developed Anderson and Lopez's Backup.

#4. Wiz. Wall + Hammer + Beal = Dayuuum.

#5. Hornets. First year with old name back = Magical. I look for them to add Stephenson or somebody who will add to what Big Al is doing.

#6. Us. As is right now. However, if we add some good wing play this could change.. but those above us are really good.

#7. Raptors. Last season was a fluke. They are not that good. I doubt they keep Lowry.

#8. Knicks. Having Phil Jackson and D-Fish coaching will get them somewhere with or without Melo.

That was simply the most bizarre ending to a game I have ever seen...Heat got a 4 point play from Bosh with Duncan guarding him (that's crazy enough) so the Heat go up 86-79 in the 4th Quarter...then...BOOOOM!

Lebron cramps out and the Spurs win 110-95...unbelievable.

Superman found his Kryptonite

its not only leonard, we dont have a dynamic wing like ginobilli who can slash and run pick and roll nor we have a post player like duncan who can draw double teams and make defenses pay for doubling him.

The problem with our team is that we were too jumpshot reliant and didnt have much activity in the paint or going towards the basket. The spurs have a great balance of inside and outside play. The spurs averaged 21 3PT attempts this post season. Hawks this post season averaged ..... 33 3PT attempts.. Significantly more than the team who averaged the 2nd most 3PT attempts (26.3) Golden state warriors.

Its not just Leonard, its the whole dynamic of the team that is different.

Edited by yungsta
  • Like 2

its not only leonard, we dont have a dynamic wing like ginobilli who can slash and run pick and roll nor we have a post player like duncan who can draw double teams and make defenses pay for doubling him.

The problem with our team is that we were too jumpshot reliant and didnt have much activity in the paint or going towards the basket. The spurs have a great balance of inside and outside play. The spurs averaged 21 3PT attempts this post season. Hawks this post season averaged ..... 33 3PT attempts.. Significantly more than the team who averaged the 2nd most 3PT attempts (26.3) Golden state warriors.

Its not just Leonard, its the whole dynamic of the team that is different.

This, exactly this!!!

So many times Pero had an open lane to the basket and would just shoot from long range or he would drive and pass up an easy shot at the rim. With Al that would definitely be different.

Lou was supposed to be our Manu - turns out he's not even Manu's bald spot.

• Moderators

We have the potential to be a more explosive version of the Spurs!We have the system and right players to be insanely good!The only key piece they have that we don't is Leonard...He is a good defender and scorer whose first priority isn't scoring!As soon as we find that oh man watch out EAST we are Arising!

Anyways yeah if we get more athletic and run this system....you are right sir the east better watch out!!!

JTB... Meet your soulmate. I think this match would start with excitement and end with exclamation. Just like y'all's sentences. lol jk jk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Premium Member

This, exactly this!!!

So many times Pero had an open lane to the basket and would just shoot from long range or he would drive and pass up an easy shot at the rim. With Al that would definitely be different.

Lou was supposed to be our Manu - turns out he's not even Manu's bald spot.

Jay, I think Lou can still be that guy for us. He didn't slash as much last season because he wasn't 100%. He's cheap and I get the feeling everyone will be glad he's on the team next season when he comes back at full strength.