• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Found this interesting from a Rockets fan (Chandler Parsons related)

GameTime

Actually our caphold for him automatically jumps as soon as he signs the offer sheet to the dollar amount he signs for. We would have to renounce his rights (meaning he signs with other team) to be able to use our space.

So if we get Parsons to sign he is ours if they want Bosh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mp8BhA8khvI&list=UURUErR61S_Fl8AFMdRtJ6kw

Parsons at a max is a hard pill to swallow. I am not sure any team will pony that up for 16 PPG.

Giving Deng 12 mill when he is on the slight decline (And I really like Deng)..... you wouldn't give 2 mill more to someone that will improve and is a much better shooter/passer?

But I agree all of these 10+ mill contracts are hard pills to swallow @Buzzard

• Like 1

• Moderators

But the Salmon's contract could be used to our advantage and theirs if they went after Bosh.  

No.  They could just let Parsons go if they wanted.  Salmon's contract is useful for players already under contract where that team can then take back that same value.  For us, we have the cap space to absorb Parsons so we could just acquire him by signing him or through S&T without the need for Salmons (after we cut Salmons).

Giving Deng 12 mill when he is on the slight decline (And I really like Deng)..... you wouldn't give 2 mill more to someone that will improve and is a much better shooter/passer?

But I agree all of these 10+ mill contracts are hard pills to swallow @Buzzard

Deng at 12 for two to three years vs Parsons at 14 for three to four years. If Parsons does not improve he will be much harder to move. Deng on the other hand is a easier trade chip to move on his last season. Just an opinion though...I hate getting stuck with big contracts if they are not or do not become All-Stars.

• Like 1

Makes perfect sense, everyone is talking about Deng so that can't be who Ferry's actually after. Landing Parsons would be a coup for the Hawks, and more in line with how Ferry operates from outta nowhere. Oh LAWD: Teague, Korver, Parsons, Sap, Horf.

• Premium Member

Lazy question... if they sign Bosh to a max, can they also sign Parsons to a max?

If that's the case, every vibe Parsons has given points to him wanting to be part of what they're doing in HOU.

I dont think ferry gives out that kinda money unless its a melo or lebron. It would send bad vibes in the locker room for a nonsuperstar to be making more than them including horford. Ferry will only offer what he feels is good value. I doubt we offer anything close to the max for him, although I really do want him.

HEY EVERYONE!

I am here to ruin another thread.

This is not true. Parson's caphold does not actually increase once he signs an offer sheet. This is likely coming from a confusion between "offer sheet" and "First Refusal Exercise Notice".

The literal CBA tells us this for a restricted free agent's caphold:

(ii) With respect to each Veteran Free Agent who last played for a Team who is a Restricted Free Agent, the greater of (A) the Free Agent Amount (as defined in Section 4(d) below) attributable to such Veteran Free Agent, (B) the Salary called for in any 
outstanding Qualifying Offer tendered to such Veteran Free Agent, or © the Salary called for in any First Refusal Exercise Notice (as defined in Article XI, Section 5(e)) issued with respect to such Veteran Free Agent

That last part only occurs *if the team exercises this right* and not a second before. So when Parsons signs an offer sheet, A and B are events that can occur but C has yet to occur because we won't know of the Rockets will use this right.

More legal mumbo-jumbo...

An Offer Sheet shall be deemed given only when received by the ROFR Team. A First Refusal Exercise Notice shall be deemed given when sent by the ROFR Team

HEY EVERYONE!

This is not true. Parson's caphold does not actually increase once he signs an offer sheet. This is likely coming from a confusion between "offer sheet" and "First Refusal Exercise Notice".

That last part only occurs *if the team exercises this right* and not a second before. So when Parsons signs an offer sheet, A and B are events that can occur but C has yet to occur because we won't know of the Rockets will use this right.

1f3258b49a635e28caba1be9ec5ec7c98e9f98c.

HEY EVERYONE!

You did not ruin it. Rockets will have three days to match or say good bye to Parsons. When and if they match it counts.

• Premium Member

My thinking is while Bosh is pondering, offer Parsons what we can.  ~4 yrs 42 Million frontloaded.  If they have offered Bosh max contract, if we can get Parsons to sign, Houston will not be able to resign him.

• Like 1