• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks re-engaged on Deng [Updated: Signs with Heat 2 yrs 20 million]

GameTime

I'm not necessarily defending Ferry. I'm defending this notion that it's his fault. 

Its not all his fault in any stretch of the imagination, but at the end of the day, it is his responsibility to sell this franchise to the players. He hasnt been able to do that this offseason. We can say they don't want to play here and all that, but it is Ferrys job to try and change their mind. We can't just say "Well he tried" every year. If thats where this is heading, we will be in trouble. But we don't know if thats the case or not. 

Edited by Afro

Still on the Lance train.

Without him were 75% chance of capped at second round.

With him we can compete for the East. And at worst, if he is a slight nutcase were still around the 8th seed and a first or second round exit.

I can't see Lance keeping us out of the playoffs. So I say, how is he going to make us worse?

Ferry needs to sign this guy!

Ferry: Offers Deng and Gasol more money and/or years than Bulls and Heat. 

Gasol: Chooses Bulls.

Deng: Chooses Heat.

Conclusion to some of you: Ferry sucks. 

Again... mmmkay. 

And Ariza signed for only 8 mil a year... mmmmkay. He took the gamble of trading our first last year to clear cap space and if its only to get Thabo and Bazemore two role players is a failure. It may not be his fault but its still a failure. I wonder if he tries to trade or what but its another 2nd round ceiling at best

• Like 1

If Ferry traded Lou and Bebe for nothing then he should be fired IMO. It looks like we are now in the "desperate to fill gaping SF hole on roster" hunt for Lance at this point. Or sign Monroe and trade Millsap for a SF.

At this point if we either don't get Lance or get Monroe and trade Millsap for a SF. we better be doing some crazy trade for Kevin Love, hoping he re-signs next off-season just to make a splash. Really don't want to see us go after Marion, etc.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

And Ariza signed for only 8 mil a year... mmmmkay. He took the gamble of trading our first last year to clear cap space and if its only to get Thabo and Bazemore two role players is a failure. It may not be his fault but its still a failure. I wonder if he tries to trade or what but its another 2nd round ceiling at best

With our present roster we wouldn't get out of the first round.

• Like 1

At least all those moves in the East will help us with the pick of BKN. Right now I see them in the lottery

With the Hawks refusal to clean house, could be our only hope at a franchise player, the Nets being in the lottery.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I think it's time to build the team through trades and the draft. Free agency is getting the Hawks nowhere. If players are taking less money to play somewhere else, the Hawks have no choice at this point. Trade into the lottery if you have to, just get it done. Dimitroff got criticized for giving up too much to get Julio in the NFL, but sometimes you have to swing for the fences and hope it pays off. The Hawks can't afford to keep waiting for a superstar or even a decent free agent to sign here, they have to MAKE it happen by acquiring those guys outright. Buy the top pick if you have to. Give the fans a reason to be excited about this franchise again.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I think it's time to build the team through trades and the draft. Free agency is getting the Hawks nowhere. If players are taking less money to play somewhere else, the Hawks have no choice at this point. Trade into the lottery if you have to, just get it done. Dimitroff got criticized for giving up too much to get Julio in the NFL, but sometimes you have to swing for the fences and hope it pays off. The Hawks can't afford to keep waiting for a superstar or even a decent free agent to sign here, they have to MAKE it happen by acquiring those guys outright. Buy the top pick if you have to. Give the fans a reason to be excited about this franchise again.

This is one of the reasons why I keep suggesting Ferry trade for Love. It is our only chance of getting a superstar since they refuse to tank and build through the draft.

I know other people would feel differently, but I would rather take a chance offering a huge deal for Love than to stay put. He walks, we tried. He stays, we have something to build on. But hopefully Ferry/Bud could talk to him pre-trade.

1 thing, next year, he can't walk to Cavs. So we would have sign and trade options.

Edited by RWF
  • Like 1

With our present roster we wouldn't get out of the first round.

Dont agree. If we dont suffer any key injuries, we have just as good a shot as any team to make the ECF. Theres no real juggernaut in our conference (although Cleveland could be).
  • Like 3

Right now, a 2yr/22 million deal for Stephenson is our best option and would leave us with this:

Teague/Schröder/Mack

Korver/Bazemore/Patterson

Stephenson/Carroll/Sefolosha

Millsap/Payne/Scott

Horford/Brand/Muscala

That's my pick for best in East and possibly the deepest squad in the NBA. Our starters would probably never have to play more than 30 minutes. Ferry has to spend this cap space though. I wasn't expecting anything out of this off season, but the Lou/Bebe trade has to reap some benefit right now.

Dont agree. If we dont suffer any key injuries, we have just as good a shot as any team to make the ECF. Theres no real juggernaut in our conference (although Cleveland could be).

In a league without injuries Chicago, Cleveland, and slightly Toronto are definitely better than us. 

We do not have as good a shot as anybody. Ask yourself, would you or anyone else be surprised if we were in the ECF? 

We also need to figure out what to do with Millsap. If Bosh got what he did ($), Millsap is going to demand a lot, and I'm not interested in seeing that.

This is why I would trade him for Monroe. I love Millsap but I don't want to be paying him a lot of money for the downside of his career, when I could pay that same money to a guy for the prime of his career. 

And it has the added bonus of moving Horford to PF.

it would be funny depressing if the hawks didn't make any of these offers to either pau or deng.

Fixed it lol

• Like 1