• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We only have 2 games on national TV this coming year.

I guess I understand ...

Here are the number of non-NBATV national games on the schedule for every NBA team:

Atlanta Hawks: 2
Boston Celtics: 1
Brooklyn Nets: 4
Charlotte Hornets: 2
Chicago Bulls: 25
Cleveland Cavaliers: 25
Dallas Mavericks: 11
Denver Nuggets: 5
Detroit Pistons: 2
Golden State Warriors: 19
Houston Rockets: 17
Indiana Pacers: 5
Los Angeles Clippers: 23
Los Angeles Lakers: 20
Memphis Grizzlies: 1
Miami Heat: 16
Milwaukee Bucks: 0
Minnesota Timberwolves: 2
New Orleans Pelicans: 2
New York Knicks: 16
Oklahoma City Thunder: 25
Orlando Magic: 0
Philadelphia 76ers: 0
Phoenix Suns: 10
Portland Trail Blazers: 16
Sacramento Kings: 3
San Antonio Spurs: 19
Toronto Raptors: 4
Utah Jazz: 1
Washington Wizards: 10

lol Lakers and Knicks. Exciting.

CM-Punk-laughing-at-Stephanie.gif

I know.  What if the Kobster gets hurt again.  Aaaand now Angelinos, your Carlos Boozer-led Los Angeles Laaaaakerrrrrrsss!!!!  

Christopher Walken says, 

yawn1.gif

20 times

WTF, Phoenix got 10!?

Edited by kg01

You guys act like the Hawks will bring in money for the stations and advertisers. As much as I love them, they are not an attraction for advertisers. Hence why the Knicks and Lakers get more TV. Good or bad they draw in advertisers and viewers...remember they are big market teams.

• Like 3

You guys act like the Hawks will bring in money for the stations and advertisers. As much as I love them, they are not an attraction for advertisers. Hence why the Knicks and Lakers get more TV. Good or bad they draw in advertisers and viewers...remember they are big market teams.

We are top tier market ourselves

We are top tier market ourselves

Only in terms of people in the city. We are not top tier when talking about the Hawks and the fan base of them. Fans love big names and winning teams. The Hawks have neither, so national attention is lacking with Atlanta.

• Like 2

This is exactly right. It's all about money and ratings. Does the casual NBA fan bored on a Tuesday night wanna watch DMC or LeBron? Or Horf over Blake Griffin? I honestly could care less, I get the league pass.... And we never win on national TV anyway.
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

See it for what it is.

The League loves it's stars...

US, Charlotte, Brooklyn, Denver, Memphis and Toronto have legitimate problems with LAL and NYK getting so much camera time. It's all about Melo and Bryant.. that's why they wait until after free agency to determine who they will show.

• Like 1

And the Wiz have 10.

They also have a superstar in Wall, aging superstars in Pierce and Gooden, and some up and coming talent that is exciting to watch like Beal. They also have some really young exciting guys like Rice and Porter.

We have a boring albeit efficient offense. There really are no superstars on this team. The only player on this team that has true national attention at all is Horford, and it pales compared to many others.

a below average basketball market... The city does not support the team

So you blast the casual ATL fans for not supporting a team that obviously is not a draw, considering this thread?  How about praising the diehards who do support this team even without a superstar/championship roster?

• Like 1

So you blast the casual ATL fans for not supporting a team that obviously is not a draw, considering this thread? How about praising the diehards who do support this team even without a superstar/championship roster?

Not sure if that was a blast (did not look like one to me) or just the harsh truth

Whatever.  This is basically the result of a popularity contest and not a true reflection of how good the teams are.

Looking at you LA and NY.

Give that, I'm a little surprised the Celtics only got 1 game.

• Premium Member

The only thing that bothers me with lack of national games is that it reflects poorly on our franchise to players. They all want national exposure to get better endorsements or to showcase their skills to a larger audience. You just will never get that here in Atlanta.