• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

So tell me again how much Schröder sucks and Ferry does for drafting him...

Admin

Yeah we ARE NOT trading Teague. So let's chill that talk. 

But what I'd also like to hear are opinions on what's changed. Mack didn't play his way out of the rotation but he's now only averaging 8 minutes a game. Has the NBA seen enough of Mack to give him some decent trade value? He's young, talented, can shoot and defend and run the offense plus he's cheap. I don't know what we can get back for him but I wouldn't be shocked at all if he's moved by mid-December. 

One? I guess Mike Scott doesn't count then? 

Ok, two.  Now let's plan the parade?

Can we just be happy something appears to be going right for us?  You're so mean, Dolf.

Also, I do think either Teague or Dennis will be traded at some point.  Neither has the profile of a backup PG.  Now, don't go crazy.  I don't mean next week, but I can see it happening at some point in the near future.

Dennis had to prove that he could win that job.  And management NEEDED for him to win that job.   If he plays well, it makes management look like they may have an eye for young talent.

Now . . . let's give Jenkins a shot to prove himself, instead of just giving Bazemore minutes he doesn't deserve right now ( even though he didn't even play last night ).  Like someone said earlier, let's see if Jenkins can take Mack's minutes as well.

• Like 1

Ok, two. Now let's plan the parade?

Can we just be happy something appears to be going right for us? You're so mean, Dolf.

Also, I do think either Teague or Dennis will be traded at some point. Neither has the profile of a backup PG. Now, don't go crazy. I don't mean next week, but I can see it happening at some point in the near future.

I'm not saying let's start a parade but considering Ferry has only had 2 drafts to actually scout for and all signs from within point to Payne being a very good player, I'd say he's done damn good. Hell with Scott, Mack (undrafted find but still counts) and Schröder he's found more draft gems than Babcock ever did. Plus Jenkins still has potential, Moose looks good when he gets PT and the players have raved about Payne. If we weren't so deep we'd have a lot more success out of these guys. I'm pretty damn thrilled with Ferry's drafting considering he hasn't even had a lottery pick.

But what I'd also like to hear are opinions on what's changed. Mack didn't play his way out of the rotation but he's now only averaging 8 minutes a game. Has the NBA seen enough of Mack to give him some decent trade value? He's young, talented, can shoot and defend and run the offense plus he's cheap. I don't know what we can get back for him but I wouldn't be shocked at all if he's moved by mid-December.

I actually think that Dennis improved for many reasons. The guys is super young, so mainly watching the game and learning from the bench for basically all of last year helped him a lot. Then this summer they said that he played the whole time and just worked with his trainers to improve. I also think improving over the summer built confidence into his game and we are seeing that on display right now. Another thing is I'm guessing that Bud told him to just be himself. Last year every time he entered the game, it seemed as he was trying really too hard to be the point guard, get the assist, get others involved. I think Bud pulled him aside as said, listen, use your speed to get to the hoop, and when you do, look to score first now. If the defense brings a double or traps you, then that's where your court vision is on display and you can find teammates for easy baskets.

I like the guy because he very lanky for a point guard. His speed is ridiculous, and his passes are on point. He's dynamite off the pick n roll. His shot looks much improved as well.

I'm guessing every night over the summer he was watching Tony Parker videos given to him by Bud. He's got a bright future in this league, and I hope he remains a Hawk for a long time.

• Premium Member

No doubt Bud has been in Schröder's ear and the kid is willing to listen.  The team seems to have had a very "hands on" approach with young Dennis and it is paying off. He is obviously gifted with a lot of athleticism and speed.  Don't forget Bud was on the Spurs staff the duration of Tony Parker's development.  Not saying Dennis will be Tony Parker but he can be Dennis, and he can be special.  He is finishing with both hands inside already and making passes on point, his teammates just need to get used to it (and I think they will).  

I'm not saying let's start a parade but considering Ferry has only had 2 drafts to actually scout for and all signs from within point to Payne being a very good player, I'd say he's done damn good. Hell with Scott, Mack (undrafted find but still counts) and Schröder he's found more draft gems than Babcock ever did. Plus Jenkins still has potential, Moose looks good when he gets PT and the players have raved about Payne. If we weren't so deep we'd have a lot more success out of these guys. I'm pretty damn thrilled with Ferry's drafting considering he hasn't even had a lottery pick.

Then how do you explain the majorette uniform you're wearing?

Seriously though, I hear you and I'm happy to see Umlaut's progress too.  I can't wait to see Payne in action as well.  Hope the team's record confirms your high-praise of our former GM.

• Premium Member

I think that Bud is showcasing Dennis for a trade.

Are you suggesting that some kids need more than one season to adjust to the NBA? What's next? Are you going to tell me that Ferry didn't draft Jenkins and Payne knowing their careers would be delayed by injuries? Mike Scott hasn't even made an All Star team! How is that a good 2nd round pick? Don't get me started on Tavares. HE'S NOT EVEN ON THE RIGHT CONTINENT!

• Like 4

This is why Im DS17Fanboy. Its like watching a real-life sports soap-operah to see a 19 year old German point-guard trying to make it among the 500 best players in the world, in a 350 million large basketball country that can tap from an infinte amount of point-guard talent.

He's showing me why I was wrong at my younger years, giving up basketball, to continue soccer(which I liked less), thinking you cant seriously end up in the NBA as a 6 foot 1 European.

He's showing to my countries youth of today you can. Now lets see what he does now he has shown he can.

The soap-operah continues...

• Like 3

He has won me over as a NBA talent but I still don't see the great passing ability some claim he has and I definitely don't see the cerebral floor general that some proclaim he is. He is simply using his speed on the offensive end and playing good defense but so is the whole team. The team has shown more potential on defense than offense.

The next test will be when teams start making him take the jumpers, but maybe that never happens seeing that Teague still gets wherever he wants, whenever he wants for the most part.

Edited by MrMeltdown

He has won me over as a NBA talent but I still don't see the great passing ability some claim he has and I definitely don't see the cerebral floor general that some proclaim he is. He is simply using his speed on the offensive end and playing good defense but so is the whole team. The team has shown more potential offensively than defensively.

The next test will be when teams start making him take the jumpers, but maybe that never happens seeing that Teague still gets wherever he wants, whenever he wants for the most part.

Teague definitely does get wherever he wants, it's pretty amazing. But imagine this, Dennis takes Teague under his wing and coaches him on layups? Teague would be unstoppable! I kid I kid.... kinda. 

Edited by Mdizzle5

Then how do you explain the majorette uniform you're wearing?

Seriously though, I hear you and I'm happy to see Umlaut's progress too.  I can't wait to see Payne in action as well.  Hope the team's record confirms your high-praise of our former GM.

I remember seeing "Umlaut" in the chat the other night and kept trying to figure out what the hell you were talking about.... now it makes sense. Lol 

We ain't trading Teague! Good Grief!

Why not?...if Dennis improves to the point where he can take Teagues spot as full time point guard in the near future hawks will then have options to improve the team at either SF or Center.

I'm not saying this will happen this season but if young Dennis gets it going there's no need to keep two starter quality PGs on the team when we have need at other positions....I do like Teague a lot but I'm all for the better of the team and this would be absolutely fantastic if the hawks could get into this situation.

No disrespect to Teague I still hope he has an all star season this year.

• Like 1