• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

All star? Who goes?

buckeye242424

If we don't have a complete disaster, we have an All-Star. Is it Sap or Blink?.... My weights are heading towards Paul. Not that Jeff doesn't deserve it.... A lot of good PG's....Teague is one of our best three players.

I'm hoping we have atleast 3 All-Stars make it into the All-Star game. Millsap will definently be a lock, but Teague, Korver/Horford may have to increase their games to a further level to secure their spots in New York this February. 

• Premium Member

Teague has been a more efficient player than every PG in the east outside of Lowery, but he probably won't get in because his raw numbers are hurt by the fact he hasn't averaged that many minutes compared to Irving and Wall. MIllsap is putting together pretty much an identical season to the one that got him into the game last year so you gotta figure he will be the one to make it.

If we are in first (and Cleveland continues as a bottom seed) and Teague's overall numbers jump to say 18 pts and 7.5 assists, then I think we will get both him and Mills in the game. Horford will have a good chance too if he can start rebounding at his usual rate again. Korver should get some consideration but I think his chances at making the team are close to none.

Edited by Atlantaholic

I would hope coaches realize that Kyle is our foundation, is shooting the three unlike any other in history, and is a better player than the likes of the Wally Scerbiaks and Jameer Nelsons who have made the trip.

At the end of the day though I wouldn't be surprised if none of them preferred to go and just take the rest. I think it was last year and we played Miami after the break, both teams looked awful to the first half, yet we had a 10 point lead that was squandered. Teague and Sap went, Kyle had new daddy duty. I think the thought of the three point contest is corny to him too.

I'd prefer all the guys just lock into hyper barrack chambers with Bud sound bytes on repeat throughout the break.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 3

I Don't think Teague has much of a chance at making the team, because of all the talented guards in the east.

Kyrie Irving and Wade will likely be voted in as starters.
John wall is having an outstanding season 17.4 ppg - 10.3 apg - 4.5 rpg , coaches will vote him in
Lowery looks like a lock for Toronto
and then you have Derek Rose and Jimmy Butler

So.. i'm gonna say Millsap is the guy that makes the team

• Like 2

• Admin

Paul will get in and Jeff deserves but as many have said other Point Guards are also deserving ...

Wall (voted and deserving)

Lowery (Lock .. Toronto's best player and was robbed last year)

Rose (reputation although not deserving this year)

Irving (not deserving but he is on Lebron's team)

I think after Wall and Lowery ... JT should be in

I hope Al doesn't as he can get more rest.

Teague wasn't as good in December as he was in November. I don't see him getting in unless he has a great January. Teague has some explosive games, but he also has too many games where he scores 5-7 points. Millsap has only had three of those games this year.

Teague leads the team in scoring and he also has the most 20 pt plus games. Don't come with this consistency stuff again. He is consistent enough to lead the team in scoring.

Teague leads the team in scoring and he also has the most 20 pt plus games. Don't come with this consistency stuff again. He is consistent enough to lead the team in scoring.

I'm not disagreeing with you, in fact, I agree. I think there are too many point guards that are gonna get the nod, votes, whatever to leave Teague out. It sucks because I think Blink has contributed of how Sap has become better. Paul and Jeff both deserve it, but we won't get both. Horf just needs a year to stay healthy... No all star this year.

• Moderators

Teague is at an entirely new place this season.  He has been very consistent.  He is deserving for an All-Star bid with his play this year, IMO.

• Premium Member

Doesn't the coach who coaches the conference has a word who are the reserves? I believe Hawks can be first and if coach Bud is coaching the east, wouldn't he pick at least two guys from his own team?

Good point. If Bud has any say, then at least two of them should go to the ASG.