Ownership News!

curtmcgirt

I don't care about the Trashers. They sucked and so does Hockey.

I would rather watch flies f***.

I've never been a hockey fan either, however, it is actually exciting to watch in person.  Doesn't really translate well on TV though which is probably why it struggles to grow.

• Moderators

I had mentioned during the September kerfuffle that I'd be perfectly fine with the remnants of the Turner clan (Ruthie 'n Beau) sticking around as minority partners... so long as Junior is gone. Seydel can deny the reports on behalf of the ATL contingent, but as long as Gearon doesn't personally deny his interest in selling, I'm cool.

On the hockey talk, I used to watch/see as much of the Flyers as I did the Sixers growing up. In the years since the Thrash left town, though, I have probably watched not more than 15 minutes total of Predators/Hurricanes on SportSouth, and I only found out a few minutes ago what a Jakub Voracek is. My NHL viewing is usually confined to elimination playoff games, especially when I luck out with a Game 7 overtime, and the occasional couple minutes of Winter Classics.

~lw3

Hockey is better than basketball.

For me basketball is better than hockey simply because I'm a basketball fan 1st, 2nd and last. I don't care for hockey and I can say I've never watched more than 2 minutes 11 seconds of it and never will.

Didn't care for the Thrashers then but it did annoy me how the ASG handled them because they were tied to the Hawks.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

Twinblade, so If the Hawks does move to Seattle, where does they play at before the arena (that is still waiting for final approval) gets build?  Please do not say Key Arena, because I live up here and it is ancient right now.  So stop it please.

I need to know who the new owner is before I get excited. Alot of times these billionaires have huge egos I know shocking.

We could get a Jerry Jones type owner who wants to be GM and coach. He may run Ferry and Bud away regardless of the success being had. I watched Jerry Jones run Jimmy Johnson off because he thought he wasn't getting enough credit.

I really don't want former players as owners. I think they will be too meddling because they are too close to the game to distance themselves.

Edited by ATLien_

But I don't think the NBA would allow the move of the team, it will cause negative view upon the NBA after all of the good decisions that Adam Silver did, it will atleast kill it all and it will be very sad if they ever move that the only team in the Greater Atlanta area would be the Falcons while the Braves will be in Cobb.

I had mentioned during the September kerfuffle that I'd be perfectly fine with the remnants of the Turner clan (Ruthie 'n Beau) sticking around as minority partners... so long as Junior is gone. Seydel can deny the reports on behalf of the ATL contingent, but as long as Gearon doesn't personally deny his interest in selling, I'm cool.

On the hockey talk, I used to watch/see as much of the Flyers as I did the Sixers growing up. In the years since the Thrash left town, though, I have probably watched not more than 15 minutes total of Predators/Hurricanes on SportSouth, and I only found out a few minutes ago what a Jakub Voracek is. My NHL viewing is usually confined to elimination playoff games, especially when I luck out with a Game 7 overtime, and the occasional couple minutes of Winter Classics.

~lw3

The thing is, Gearon Jr is attached to the Turner clan as much as the actual family members are.  Remember, Gearon Sr was Ted Turner's GM for a while prior to the hiring of Stan Kasten.  

• Like 1

• Moderators

But I don't think the NBA would allow the move of the team, it will cause negative view upon the NBA after all of the good decisions that Adam Silver did, it will atleast kill it all and it will be very sad if they ever move that the only team in the Greater Atlanta area would be the Falcons while the Braves will be in Cobb.

I think that is right. Silver wouldn't let the NBA vacate Sacramento let alone Atlanta.

Until we have actual papers signed and the team title transferred I don't consider any rumor or report on what is happening with the ownership of the team real. Even if they are "sold" watch what Gearon does. He's a snake in the grass and will screw this up for the fans and new owners.

• Like 3

Nope. It's a dull game.

Disagree, hockey is exciting.

Twinblade, so If the Hawks does move to Seattle, where does they play at before the arena (that is still waiting for final approval) gets build?  Please do not say Key Arena, because I live up here and it is ancient right now.  So stop it please.

How should I know? I couldn't care enough for Seattle, to know which arena they would play for. 

Edited by Twinblade

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nba_tv/2015/01/02/20150102-gt-atlanta-hawks-update.nba/

Grant Hill and David Aldridge discuss Hawks sale.

Aldridge says Hawks 100% for sale is premature. 

Aldridge says Hawks are a Jewel and gives mad props to Ferry.

Hill and Aldridge both say players love to live and play in Atl and with a new ownership this could be a special franchise in the league.

Both say Hawks will go for $700 mill plus. 

• Like 2