• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who is you guys most hated rival of the Hawks?

bobrathbun4pres

Most hated rival  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I always will hate the Knicks no matter irrelevant they are. There really isn't a team aside from them who I passionately dislike.

• Premium Member

Rivalry, as others have said, is a word I think is reserved for teams with whom you've had some big-time playoff series. So, it makes sense that the Celtics have come up as often as they have. Problem is, of course, the Celtics are in such a down period now, they're just not inspiring the same angst.

A slightly different... and more interesting, at least to me... question is who you most want to see the Hawks spank this year.

Bulls, both because they've gotten just so much media love, and too, because the ATL Karma office has been waiting for many, many years to settle up from all those beatings we took during the MJ years.

Edited by sturt

Any longtime fan will say Celtics all day and night. Those Bird teams alone probably cost Nique a ring or two. Not to mention Pierce and Garnett...

Sturt brings up a good point, though. I want to see them beat the Bulls the most. With the Cavs underachieving, the experts are slobbering on them. Would love to send them home come playoff time...

Edited by Dejay

I don't think the Hawks really have a rivalry with anyone (closest would be Boston, but they're awful now), but Chicago and Toronto are the two teams I want to beat the most. Chicago because they're perceived to be the class of the East and Toronto because their fans are batshit crazy. Also they've beaten us twice. Sweeping the back-to-back this weekend would obviously be amazing. 

It used to be the Celtics but they suck so much now that I don't even care... plus Pierce, Garnett and Rondo are gone.  Right now it's the Wizards especially since I live in Maryland and everyone I talk to is in denial about how good the Hawks are.

• Moderators

I've always wondered about this, but we haven't had enough postseason success or regional battles to have a rival.

Traditionally, it's definitely the Celtics, but I'd prefer a rivalry with Miami after Wade retires.

I was going to post something along these lines.  It is the truth.  A lot of us named the Celtics but we are just speed bumps historically for that franchise and it is hard to have a real rivalry when the other side doesn't consider you a rival.  When we have some real post season success and battle with big things on the line, we may see a real rival emerge.  I don't think we have one right now.

• Premium Member

The Hawks most hated (biggest) rival is not a team but a player:  Lebron James.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

The transplant atlanta residents

"Yall know the bulls be better right?"

Get the f back to yankee land plz

I laughed.

It was the Pistons for a long time for me.  Now I kind of feel their "pain & joy" after kicking Josh out.  So now - I guess it might be the Warriors (since they think they're better)...