• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who is you guys most hated rival of the Hawks?

bobrathbun4pres

Most hated rival  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If other, just specify.  I may have missed some teams but I just threw in the few that have been pests for ATL in the playoffs as of late.

For me it's still Boston with Chicago coming in close 2nd only because I think they will be our toughest competition in the East

Edited by bobrathbun4pres
  • Like 1

This is a really interesting question!

I really can't think of any team that stirs my passion in that way.  We have some geographic/divisional rivals (Washington/Charlotte/Miami, etc.), and we've had some tussles with Boston in the past (but none of those players are around any more from either team really).  Indiana is a shell of itself from last year and Chicago is a potential thorn in our path this year but we have so little "bitter" history with them that it is hard to "hate" them passionatlely. 

I can't choose ...

Boston. I had no hate for them before the underachieving Big three formation. But it's hard to look at them the same now. I just don't like the team now.

The Knicks are the most hated team for me though. But I don't think I would consider it to be a rivalry. 

Edited by Hotlanta1981
  • Like 2

The Bulls. They have their fair share of playoff advances on our backs since the Nique/ Jordan Era and the media foolishly is still declaring the Conference theirs to lose. The Madhouse on Madison is also the most likely to accompany "The Group" running they ass off the floor with a cascade of boos.

I got so tired of David West's face and his trying-too-hard-to-act-hard persona over the past two years, that regardless of how bad they are, it will be the Pacers.

Doesn't compare to my hatred of the Pierce/KG Celtics days, but it is obvious that team is going in a whole new direction-- and I like Brad Stevens a lot.

• Premium Member

The Dwight era Magic, the Big 3 Celtics, the Bad Boy Pistons, MJ's Bulls...there's just no team right now I hate anywhere on that level. If Charlotte can go back to winning they should be our biggest rival due to proximity.

Washington could be our next big rival. Playoffs are where the real rivalries start and take place. We need to see how this year's playoff run goes.

• Like 2