• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Post Hawks vs Raptors thread

diamond_dave

Tried several times last night after the game to get on Hawksquawk but to no avail.

Right now, the Hawks are like a ball rolling down hill - - Hard to stop!

Great team defense.  Great team offense.  Great coaching.  What more

is there to say?  Nothing!

Once more, I gotta ask the question:

What can this missing super star that the Hawks must have to compete in the playoffs

do for us that the players on the current roster can't do?  Please, someone who is much

wiser than me, can you explain this?

Congratulations Hawks.  You've done it again!

GO ATL !!

music.gif

• Like 3

Tried several times last night after the game to get on Hawksquawk but to no avail.

Great team defense. Great team offense. Great coaching. What more

is there to say? Nothing!

What can this missing super star that the Hawks must have to compete in the playoffs

do for us that the players on the current roster can't do? Please, someone who is much

Congratulations Hawks. You've done it again!

GO ATL !!

music.gif

We have our Super star. Pick one, anyone.

• Premium Member

Great team defense.  Great team offense.  Great coaching.  What more

is there to say?  Nothing!

do for us that the players on the current roster can't do?  Please, someone who is much

Congratulations Hawks.  You've done it again!

GO ATL !!

music.gif

I'll be the first to admit it: this team is playing such pure team basketball on BOTH ends of the court that it makes having a superstar needless. When all five players are capable of scoring due to spacing and unselfishness you do not need the ball to stop in one player's hands. The playoffs will be the acid test to see if this can work well enough to win a title. Here's my prayer it does...

• Like 2

I remember when listening to other team's broadcast meant listening to other broadcasters be homers for their team. Now, there's just an acknowledgement by those homers that THE HAWKS ARE JUST THAT FREAKING GOOD!!!! They sit there and humbly chatter about how great we are and how their team doesn't match up.

For a longtime fan, this is the season of redemption!!

i agree!

I loved the Toronto commentators talk about the Hawks' "surgical precision"..."hard nosed playing" ..."they never take a possession off"...

Post game they said the Hawks are the model of a new NBA game. Taking the best from colleges and the best from the NBA.

I am stunned!!!

Never in my lifetime did I imagine this. My wife is sick of me talking about it. I love it!

Go Hawks!!!!

Free Ferry!

• Like 4

I love Kawhi but this DMC is a better fit for us because of his ability to shoot the 3. I no longer hope that we go get Kawhi, I'd rather keep DMC for half the price and reward his excellent play for us.

I'm sure Kawhi would become a 3pt threat here. He is a better player than DMC. Hell, Kawhi is a career 36% 3pt shooter. He can hit the 3 ball.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Getting a good chuckle out of listening to the string of opponent broadcast teams' audible groans as yet another Hawk gets wide open.

"Now see, Billy, when dealing with the Hawks you have to make sure you're not caught ball watch....oh boy...Now see, the key is to keep an eye on your own m.....wow....Alright, the defense is catching on to the rhythm of the Hawks' of.....sigh......So, Billy, who do you like in the Super Bowl?"

• Like 1

Leonard can improve his 3pt shooting and he probably already does everything else better than DMC. That said, it seems like he has some injury concerns and he's obviously going to command a much larger contract. He's also devoid of emotion and it kind of weirds me out. I still would definitely love to have him on our team, but that bridge is a long way off. I think the Spurs do everything in their power to keep him around anyway, which should be enough (he said with no knowledge of their salary cap situation). Many people already view him as the most important player on the team and Duncan will most likely get bored of the NBA one day. 

Loved Steve Smith on NBA tv calling out Isiah Thomas. "He said I told you Zeke . You need to call and apologize. " I loved it.

Missed that. I get pretty disgusted with the mush heads on a lot of the shows. He was a stud guard in his playing days, but shut up, Zeke!!! 

Leonard can improve his 3pt shooting and he probably already does everything else better than DMC. That said, it seems like he has some injury concerns and he's obviously going to command a much larger contract. He's also devoid of emotion and it kind of weirds me out. I still would definitely love to have him on our team, but that bridge is a long way off. I think the Spurs do everything in their power to keep him around anyway, which should be enough (he said with no knowledge of their salary cap situation). Many people already view him as the most important player on the team and Duncan will most likely get bored of the NBA one day. 

Leonard is also 5 years younger. That is a BIG difference to me. Love the JYD and what he brings, however.

Go Hawks!!!!

[quote name="High5" post="745197" timestamp="1421521968

He's also devoid of emotion and it kind of weirds me out.

Me too. We have some mild mannered guys, namely our over-30 vets and Shelvin. But that kid is usually comatose. The team clearly feeds off communication, not one of his strong suits. Obviously, Bud had no issues whatsoever being his draft champion. I believe smart guys will give us a slight discount off their market rate, they can see what's bubbling under Bud and Danny's Crock Pot. Shit smelling good.

Edited by benhillboy

Also notice how often announcers now praise Schröder, mainly for there being no drop-off in the pressure department.

Yep, he's awesome for his on-ball D and for driving to the rim. I just wish he ran the offense a little bit better, sometimes it feels like he's looking to get to the rim a little too much. Definitely being nitpicky though biggrin.png

• Like 1