• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A season like this has been a long time coming

KB21

• Premium Member

Some of us have been on this board since the inception of the board when sturt first started it.  Some of us can probably remember the old AJC access pages where we used to discuss the Hawks and the pros and cons of Lenny Wilkens at the end of his tenure.  

A team and a season like this year has been a long time coming.  My advice for all of us.

Savor this.  Enjoy this completely!!  Don't try to over analyze it.  Just sit back and enjoy the ride.  

I just went through this type of season why my alma mater in college football, which is Mississippi State.  When the trivia question "Who was the first ever #1 team in the CF Playoff Poll?" is asked, I can always say it was my alma mater.  We were #1 for 5 weeks, which is simply not something that happens in football at Mississippi State.  Instead of trying to overanalyze the team and look at it with a critical eye, I just enjoyed going to the games and cheering my team on.

Do that with this team.  This is a damn good basketball team.  This may be the best Hawks team I've ever seen.  Enjoy this ride.  

Over our last 27 games I can't recall seeing any team play better than us. We have been two fluke games away from playing perfect over an insane stretch. 

Some of us have been on this board since the inception of the board when sturt first started it.  Some of us can probably remember the old AJC access pages where we used to discuss the Hawks and the pros and cons of Lenny Wilkens at the end of his tenure.  

A team and a season like this year has been a long time coming.  My advice for all of us.

Savor this.  Enjoy this completely!!  Don't try to over analyze it.  Just sit back and enjoy the ride.  

I just went through this type of season why my alma mater in college football, which is Mississippi State.  When the trivia question "Who was the first ever #1 team in the CF Playoff Poll?" is asked, I can always say it was my alma mater.  We were #1 for 5 weeks, which is simply not something that happens in football at Mississippi State.  Instead of trying to overanalyze the team and look at it with a critical eye, I just enjoyed going to the games and cheering my team on.

Do that with this team.  This is a damn good basketball team.  This may be the best Hawks team I've ever seen.  Enjoy this ride.  

I remember the AJC pages.

This season has been crazy. 

I was DREADING this season before it started. The lack of a top draft pick, the offseason drama, the lack of FA's... And coming off a 38 win season.

It's amazing how it's turned out so far.

• Like 1

I'm very underwhelmed watching the later games from around the Association now after my Hawks mop the floor. Its like eating all your appetizers and side dishes after you've eaten your filet mignon and lobster.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 3

This sh&t is crazy. Just two years ago we hoped and prayed our team would be competitve against good teams. Many times they weren't answered.

Now we're supremely confident the guys are gonna crack open the Sam's wholesale size can of whoop ass nightly.

That dude Bud is a trip, can't please him for nothing. We leading the whole league in points allowed, this fool talking bout some "we're trending in the right direction". The mid-nineties Heat-Knicks direction?! We might end the season with a +10 point differential fu&@in with this guy.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 3

I agree KB. This is like the 1991 Braves run.  the players have bought in and now I'm starting to believe. I was certain last night would be a loss, but Bud coached the Sixes and Celts game so we could win.

My gosh, we now have a head coach that plays chess.  Woody and Drew were checkers players. They never looked at the long term, and just managed in the moment.  Bud is three to five moves ahead of everyone else right now.

• Like 3

Put everything you knew about Hawks Basketball in a time capsule and bury it.

This is a new era of Hawks basketball.

Enjoy it to the fullest.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

I was at the bar last night in Chicago, and people were wearing their Blackhawks and Bulls jersey watching the Blackhawks and Bulls game. I was checking my phone for the updated score and I hear someone at the bar say, " Damn the Hawks are blowing out the Raptors. How in the hell are they this good?" His buddy responded, " F the Hawks, they are for real. We play them tomorrow." I look over with a huge smile on my face and raised my beer in the air and said GOOD LUCK, you're going to need it. GO HAWKS!"

• Like 3

I agree KB. This is like the 1991 Braves run. the players have bought in and now I'm starting to believe. I was certain last night would be a loss, but Bud coached the Sixes and Celts game so we could win.

My gosh, we now have a head coach that plays chess. Woody and Drew were Connect-4 players. They never looked at the long term, and just managed in the moment. Bud is three to five moves ahead of everyone else right now.

Fixed it...

• Admin

I have been a die hard Hawks fan for almost 30 years ...

I go back to the AJC days and

This season has been special ... I know,it can end tomorrow but I have been enjoying every bit of this. The play, the unselfishness, the chemistry, the defence, the Comraderie....

I have been through thick and thin with this team from ... Nique and the Atlanta Air Force ... To smitty/mookie/deke to SAR/big dog/terry to the 13 win season to Joe/smith/Bibby to now ....

It's been a wild ride and I love every minute of it.

• Like 3

I've been around since the EZ Boards, and this has been a long time coming.

The only thing similar is probably the 1998 Falcons that Dan Reeves took to the super bowl. I think this is different than the Braves because that team was bad for a long time.

The Hawks have been trying to knock on the door for 8 years, but now they've said "F" knocking I'm kicking this door down. When we get in the playoffs will be asking "now who wants to to "F" with Hollywood Hogan"?

• Like 4

• Premium Member

Yep...no more analysis for me.  Probably EVER, which is how I was for many years.  I remember the old AJC days.  I remember discovering the Internet and other Hawks fans. Growing up 100 miles away from ATL, nobody cared about the team.  I felt like me and my brother were the only Hawks fans in the city here.  So, it was amazing to see so many people who cared about the same team I did.

A decade ago, after all the roundabouts about who to draft and whatnot...realized how much of my time I spent arguing about this team.  Too much! lol  I slipped into the background and stayed on the fence until the recent regime change.  Disappointment and frustration brought me out of the shadows into full hater-mode.

Never again.  I'm just enjoying the moment now.