• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Timberwolves

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

I'll just go out on a limb and assume this won't ruin anyone's Fantasy teams.

~lw3

82 games. 16 in a row wins. 30-32 wins. Terrible effort?? What are you lookinkg for dude? Gawd....

A win is a win but it was pretty bad effort at times.  There were several times where Minny players were found wide open under the basket for easy layups.  That doesn't happen when the boys are trying.  It is good to know that we can win by double digits while toying with teams.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I liked Flip's maneuver to go really big (starting Young-Dieng-Pek in the frontcourt), but not because of the rebounding advantage that we know by now Bud secretly doesn't give a, ummm, Flip about (11 O-Rebs for the Wolves, but just two in the second half). Going big helped Minnesota force Atlanta to decide whether to put DMC (and Thabo) on either Thad or Wiggins. By the Hawks choosing to focus Carroll on Wiggins (5-for-11 FGs), it helped Young have a great offensive game (11-for-14 2FGs, 4 O-Rebs) and it kept Korver on ice with foul trouble until the fourth quarter.

Antić and Thabo's struggles at the line (1-for-6 FTs) helped keep the Wolves within howling distance. Sap's 4 steals and 6 assists (one turnover) today were huge.

Minnesota also helped themselves by keeping the TOs down, too, although their 24-13 assist-TO ratio was no match for the Hawks' 30-10.

~lw3

• Like 1

82 games. 16 in a row wins. 30-32 wins. Terrible effort?? What are you lookinkg for dude? Gawd....

Both Mo Williams and Young went off and they outworked the Hawks in the 2nd half. Minny is like 4-18 on the road.

Terrible defensive effort. But it's a win.

These things happen. GSW is barely up on Boston by 5. But the defensive effort was not great.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

• Moderators

~lw3

• Like 1

If anyone is getting ready for our game with the OKC/CLE game, JVG just had Teague, Horf, Sap and Korver as his all star reserves. 

I know we are all excited to have the Hawks get some respect via the AS game. I agree with having them all on as AS. But I also would love to get those men REST!!!! Come playoff time we will hopefully be fresh...seeing how Coach Bud is trying to keep minutes reasonable for our starting 5.

Just finished watching replay.

This Minnesota team are just a player or two from being very good.  They have

missed a lot of man hours already with injuries (We've been there) and should

have a good lottery pick coming.

Dang, we missed a bucket full of free throws.  That made it closer.

Setting Atlanta Pro sports record for most wins ever!  Wow!

If we had to have a bad game, which we did, this was the perfect time.  Close game

and all those missed free throws spell our doom.

GO ATL TEAM !!

~lw3

Did anyone else notice Thabo's 2 (I think) 3 pointers tonight had much better fluidity to them?In previous games, his stroke is a bit hesitant and seems to take a bit of time to launch. Tonight it seemed like he didnt hesitate and it took half the time to release as it usual does. I think the staff has been working with him on it. I loved it. Edited by Spud2Nique

• Premium Member

Near the end, I was concerned about Thad Youngs scoring?  This guy was out working us underneath.   However, Teague-time is when Putemonskates becomes thecloser.

I think we have the possibility of straying from our offense.  Especially when Dennis is in the game, but the first team always goes back to it.

~lw3

Looking at his Twitter feed, he retweeted this:

That's awesome if true.

• Like 3