• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

IF.......

Diesel

• Premium Member

This offseason, iF KD pointed his finger and said... I want to play with the Atlanta Hawks...

1.  Do you think he would fit with us?

2.  Do you want him on our team?

Kevin-Durant-Hawks.jpg

Edited by Diesel
  • Like 2

I thought DeMarre was your boy, why you wanna replace him?!

I'm over the max player fad. KD doesn't have the down-home humility anymore. Nike has blown his head up, and I've always been a proponent of Max players being candidates for the All Defense team. That's not KD, your best player absolutely has to lead on the defensive end. I cant pay $20 mill+ for one guy when that can buy me 4 DeMarres, "can't do it, won't do it".

• Moderators

Yes and yes.  Move Demarre to the bench with Thabo and we would be winning titles for YEARS to come.

Starters

C - Horf

PF - Sap

SF - KD

SG - KK

PG - Jeff

2nd Unit

C - Pero

PF - Scott

SF - DMC

SG - Thabo

PG - Schröder

3rd unit

C - Muscala

SG - Bazemore

PG - Mack

Reserves

C - Payne

1st round pick

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87
  • Like 3

This offseason, iF KD pointed his finger and said... I want to play with the Atlanta Hawks...

1.  Do you think he would fit with us?

2.  Do you want him on our team?

Kevin-Durant-Hawks.jpg

Arguably the best player in the league.... Im not sure what answer you're looking for, but if it's "no"... They need their head checked.

• Like 2

Heck yes. He's an MVP candidate having to play alongside Russell Westbrook. Give him a team in which he could operate in a set role, he could average 35 points on 50% shooting. His presence on the perimeter would make what we're doing even easier, and I bet Coach Bud could make him commit to the defensive end.

• Like 1

A single basketball player isn't worth over $15 million IMO. To the marketers, ticket sales staff, and owners looking at their bottom line of course, but not on the floor or to the GM's cap. If he's not willing to take a huge pay cut like the Heat players did, I'm good. He's becoming more and more brittle by the day as well.

• Like 1

Kevin Durant will not be a free agent until summer 2016. The only way to get him this offseason is by trade, however neither OKC would trade him nor Durant would point fingers to any franchise.  He could pull a Lebron and take his talents to his hometown DC in 2016 though.

Edited by nitte

It really depends on who buys us, how much money they have to spend, and how much KD will cost. If we have to lose certain centerpieces to this team then no I wouldn't want him here.  If we could get him and not really lose too much then yes I would love it.

However if we end up winning the finals by the time he is a FA then I really don't care as I will be one of the 100some happiest people on this board that consistently post

Edited by bobrathbun4pres

Teague, Korv, KD, Sap, and Horf, under Bud's tutelage, would never win less than 70 games, never score under 100, and never lose more than 1 game in a playoff series. Perpetual sellouts. Undefendable. Dynasty. Go into the tax to make it happen. What's to ponder, that would be one of the greatest teams in history. I bet KD would take 5 rings and year-in-year-out MVP over being the highest payed player in the NBA. Delta flights from Hartsfield to Dulles are what, an hour and 45 minutes?

Edited by hazer
  • Like 1

How do you stop a front court of KD, Sap, and Horf??? It's a trick question, you don't. Then look over your shoulder to the backcourt and you've got Teague and Korv??? Kyle would be even more wide open, it'd be a pre-game shoot-around O.o

Stop the madness, folks. That would be like the Falcons getting J.J. Watt, Suh, Justin Houston, Carolina's linebackers, Gronk, and the Cowboys' offensive line this offseason. Great wet dream but a dream no less. But...

Durant in this team would be like watching the Road Warriors take on some jobbers at the old Techwood studios. As soon as the music hit, you knew that a full-scale a$$kicking was about to go down. Stern himself would come out of retirement to block the Hawks from signing him...

• Like 1

It will never happen (And on the 1 in 1-million chance it does feel free to quote me on saying it will NEVER happen).

But yes. Of course. Not only is he an all-star player, one of the best in the league, a true MVP, but he also plays a game that would fit wonderfully in our system.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

It's interesting.

I posed to question to see how many Hawks fans are "satisfied" with where we are.   Right now, we are a top echelon team.  Do we need KD?  Prolly not.  We can maintain what we have without him.  KD is not a defensive player but I admit that he would free up everybody on the offensive end and we'd never be out of a game.  We'd lose a lot on defense and at this point, I believe it's our defense that wins the day most games.

But the unexpected answers were people saying "it would never happen"?

Here's the thing.  We as a fanbase are ignorant to what it means to be a winning franchise.  Right now, we are the best team in Basketball and we prove it night in and night out.  We're are a winning franchise.  What that means is that NOW star players who are unhappy in their circumstance WILL look hard at us. Whoever the GM may be won't have a hard time getting agents on the phone and getting players to come out.

Somebody said it's a 1 in a Million chance.  I say it's more like a 1 in 10 chance that a player like KD will look at us when he becomes a Free agent.

However, some of the players who could look our way this offseason:

Brook Lopez, Omer Asik, Marc Gasol, DeAndre Jordan

LaMarcus Aldridge, Greg Monroe

Lebron James

There are others but these are the bigger names.