• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Private agendas still at play in Hawks’ offices

Admin

If we get rid of Ferry after the team he has assembled then I am done with this organization. I hope Bud tells the new owners if they fire Ferry he's gone, that'll hold their feet to the fire.

Why would Bud do that? He gets to call all of his own shots now as Coach/GM. If the new ownership doesn't retain Ferry, but keeps Bud in the dual Coach/GM role, he'll get to make a lot more money and have a lot more power.

• Like 2

If this Andrew Young backing somehow ends up being an influential force in bringing back Ferry, screw Dominique and his suits I want a statue of Young made.

...preferably right in front of the Marta entrance so you can see it as you are coming up for dramatic effect.

• Like 1

People keep saying Bud is calling his own shots and I keep saying that he's not, that Wilcox is the acting GM. Then Bud says this, which kinda backs up my position that he's not the shot caller.

People keep saying Bud is calling his own shots and I keep saying that he's not, that Wilcox is the acting GM. Then Bud says this, which kinda backs up my position that he's not the shot caller.

Just like they keep saying Pop is doing the same in SAS which is also wrong.

Owner, GM, Coach has to be on the same page, have the same philosophy. It's a collaborative effort that makes the machine work.

You mean after I posted that Neil Paine podcast where he initially made that reference???

Yeah u should know it because it leads str8 to ur mom's shack!

No idea I haven't seen or heard any podcast. So what you're saying Bud is or is not in charge? Because by his own words it clearly sounds like he's not the shot caller.

Management = Owners

Like what Ferry was doing on the conference call . . . talking to management.

Bud, if he wants to make a move, need the financial blessing of ownership to get anything done.  Same went for the exiled GM.

• Like 1

Management = Owners

Like what Ferry was doing on the conference call . . . talking to management.

Bud, if he wants to make a move, need the financial blessing of ownership to get anything done. Same went for the exiled GM.

Doesn't change the fact that Wilcox is the acting GM.

And how about this:

What if the ASG turns around and claims . . . "Why do you want US gone?  It was WE ( with Levenson  in the lead ) who brought Ferry here.  We should get credit for our turnaround too."

And they would technically be right.

I like how Ferry supporters call out people who aren't fond of Ferry, and give Bud a lot of praise . . . but they don't give the ASG any praise whatsoever for bringing in Ferry.

If

Ferry -----------> Bud = Good . . . . then . . . 

ASG --------> Ferry ----------> Bud = Good . . right?

ASG gets credit for hiring Ferry

Ferry gets credit for hiring Bud

Bud gets credit for developing players

Is this a fair assumption?   

If so, why does the ASG have to go?

And how about this:

What if the ASG turns around and claims . . . "Why do you want US gone?  It was WE ( with Levenson  in the lead ) who brought Ferry here.  We should get credit for our turnaround too."

And they would technically be right.

I like how Ferry supporters call out people who aren't fond of Ferry, and give Bud a lot of praise . . . but they don't give the ASG any praise whatsoever for bringing in Ferry.

If

Ferry -----------> Bud = Good . . . . then . . . 

ASG --------> Ferry ----------> Bud = Good . . right?

ASG gets credit for hiring Ferry

Ferry gets credit for hiring Bud

Bud gets credit for developing players

Is this a fair assumption?   

If so, why does the ASG have to go?

Didn't Levenson bring Ferry in?  Everything I have read says that Gearon wasn't fond of Ferry and wasn't fond of giving him complete control. 

Edited by JETSET

Doesn't change the fact that Wilcox is the acting GM.

Bud is President of Basketball Operations right now . . . so that means he has the final say, correct?  Even if Wilcox is doing the wheeling and dealing behind the scenes, it's Bud that has to sign off on any move he makes.  Then ownership has to financially approve the move ( if it will cost them money ).

Didn't Levenson bring Ferry in?  Everything I have read says that Gearon wasn't fond of Ferry and wasn't fond of giving him complete control. 

True.  Levenson was the point man for bringing in Ferry.  I think the problem Gearon Jr had, was the control given to Ferry, which would diminish his input in daily operations.  And the fact that Ferry ( technically ) had to report to Levenson FIRST, before talking with anyone else.

That's why Gearon struck at the first chance he got, to bring down Ferry.   Like how Gee Money tried to do Nino Brown in New Jack City, by cutting a side deal with the Dominicans.

And Levenson is still part of the ASG . . . and one of the more toxic members at that.

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises