• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Boring basketball

• Premium Member

I was thinking the same thing.  A ton of dumb hero shots taken at the end of that game.  Makes me happy to be a Hawks fan.  

• Like 1

Harden with a lot ISOs too. I like the team-ball Hawks are running a lot more. I think the feeling that everbody has the chance to help the team winning is a big part of the current success. It motivates. I would hate to play with LeBron because you are only on of this guys who have to give the ball away and hope that his hero-ball is working. 

The best was Bron 3-11 FTs... We'll win ECF vs Cavs by HackABron crazy.gif

Edited by rd79
  • Like 2

• Moderators

anybody watch Houstom vs Cleveland. Exciting game but is it just me or does the old ISO games of Lebron seem boring compared to our Hawks offense.

lol Just posted my own thread with this at mind.  Great minds think alike and us Hawks fans are spoiled.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I agree, the only question was would the shot go in. You knew what was going to happen every possession it seemed like. It was two good teams and still entertaining but I would much rather watch us play. It was also a great way to "scout" out our opponents this upcoming week.

When the day started we were tied with the longest winning streak in the NBA at 4. I'm pretty sure Houston had 4, so they are up to 5 now. Not that it matters to us, but it's always good for media talk when you are the hottest team at the moment. Let's push it to 8 before we head out west!

A little off topic, but is anyone else keeping up with the GSW vs BOS game? WTF? Boston is taking it to the Dubs. Up by 26 at one point in the game. Lets hope they can hold on for that win. It would give us both the same amount of losses again.

The game was enjoyable because Harden and James are arguably the two best isolation players we have now, Westbrook is at his best with transition mixed in. Still, you could clearly see the affect it has on teammates down the stretch because they aren't as involved besides a select few with crucial crunch time skill sets.

Ariza was the difference giving Houston a different defensive look on LeBron from Harden and Beverly hit timely threes along with being the Patrick Beverly that eveyone hates but would love on their team. That was more than Tristan Thompson could provide on the offensive glass (another guy you'd love to have). We aren't far from another Kevin Love/ David Blatt/ LeBron public spat again, trust me. The Hawks have a knack for bringing teams' internal problems to a head.

Even with the 2 leading MVP Candidates, I see clearly why both these teams have taken it on the chin from us and will continue to this week: 5 against 1 or 2 equals 30 point blowouts and start-to-finish wins.

• Admin

A little off topic, but is anyone else keeping up with the GSW vs BOS game? WTF? Boston is taking it to the Dubs. Up by 26 at one point in the game. Lets hope they can hold on for that win. It would give us both the same amount of losses again.

the thing is that the game is 48 minutes and that is why GS won in he end

True, not surprised at all they stormed back. Still, we should reclaim our seat atop most Power Rankings with all the other contenders for the spot suffering bad losses while we topped off an undefeated week in style with scrubs and rugged defense. Edited by benhillboy

It doesn't help that Boston choked the 4th quarter by only scoring 15 points. Oh well, it would have been nice, but doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.

I thought the refs would spontaneously combust on that Harden/Bron tangle-flop. Error-error-does not compute! I guess the NBA main office hit the reset switch while the stars were looking pleadingly.

I liked the play where Harden kicked the King in the balls.  worth the price of admission.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member

anybody watch Houstom vs Cleveland. Exciting game but is it just me or does the old ISO games of Lebron seem boring compared to our Hawks offense.

Not just boring, but flawed...  This is why I believe we're going to take the Eastern conference.  If we execute properly, defend, and guys hit their shots...there's nobody in the East that can stop us.