• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Josh Smith insults the Atlanta fanbase

Wurider05

It is true though.  People loved Deion then hated him.  Loved Nique then hated him.  Loved Vick then hated.  Loved Chipper then hated him.  Only loyal fans in GA are the college fans.

Deion I can understand. Definitely understand with Vick. Did fans really hate on Chipper? I thought he was beloved. And I don't recall people hating Nique at all. 

• Moderators

Deion I can understand. Definitely understand with Vick. Did fans really hate on Chipper? I thought he was beloved. And I don't recall people hating Nique at all. 

I think atlanta isn't much different than anywhere else.   Hell they trash Eli Manning despite the friggin super bowls.  I don't remember much hating on Chipper.   And as for GA college fans being loyal.   UGA fans all scream for Richt's head when they lose one game.  

• Like 2

MC put out a blog article on this:

http://m.ajc.com/news/sports/josh-smith-says-hawks-fans-bandwagoners/nkNdT/

He absolutely killed it. Almost sounds like he has been reading me on the squawk.

I think you put the words in the wrong order. Most people want to kill themselves after reading your stuff on the Squawk.

give Josh the Captain Obvious award

VJsw1MaU_400x400.jpeg

Funny but that's kinda how I picture @sturt as Hawksquawk founder

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I remember when I said years back that Teague clearly did not like playing with Josh with how selfish Josh was and some posters here disagreed with me. After that epic tweet you can definitely see that Teague feels that way.

LOL...and 10 years from now the Squawk will spin it seven ways from Sunday.  "Teague never had an issue with Josh.  That was all rumor and speculation based on one Tweet."

DEFINITELY no love lost between those two.

• Like 2

I think atlanta isn't much different than anywhere else. Hell they trash Eli Manning despite the friggin super bowls. I don't remember much hating on Chipper. And as for GA college fans being loyal. UGA fans all scream for Richt's head when they lose one game.

Fans just want their teams to win, when they don't all the negative stuff is expected.

LOL...and 10 years from now the Squawk will spin it seven ways from Sunday.  "Teague never had an issue with Josh.  That was all rumor and speculation based on one Tweet."

DEFINITELY no love lost between those two.

Hey, I definitely understand how Teague feels. I get oppressed on the squawk by @Dolfan23 the same way JT got oppressed by Schmoove.

Hey, I definitely understand how Teague feels. I get oppressed on the squawk by @Dolfan23 the same way JT got oppressed by Schmoove.

As much as you mention me in posts you sure don't seem so oppressed. In fact you kinda remind me of Glenn Close in Fatal Attraction with how much I'm on your mind.

I remember when I said years back that Teague clearly did not like playing with Josh with how selfish Josh was and some posters here disagreed with me. After that epic tweet you can definitely see that Teague feels that way.

Yes sir.

And I would give you a "like", but it seems as if I've reached my quota on positive votes.  Didn't know we had a quota on here.  I think I have given out about 10 likes today though.

• Like 1

This is how you know you've made it, when old dolf pulls out the Glenn Close insult. It's like a right of passage, a sign of respect, the proverbial "make someone your bitch or become a bitch" type of prison rules attitude you've got to have on this message board if you want a chance to last.

@kg01 would be my little pisces in prison.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4MoRO0Z-OM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkwcMEQYYow

All teams, especially teams without decades of a winning tradition, have bandwagon fans. Atlanta is the only market that constantly gets bagged on for it. Fans don't make the team. The team makes fans. Play great basketball and guess what? Fans show their support. I'll always remember the Joe and Josh teams for laying down when things got tough in the playoffs. I'm supposed to support that? Please.

• Like 1

• Moderators

It is true though.  People loved Deion then hated him.  Loved Nique then hated him.  Loved Vick then hated.  Loved Chipper then hated him.  Only loyal fans in GA are the college fans.

Deion was the golden boy in Atlanta and then jumped ship to the team's biggest rival:  the 49ers.  There is no way that doesn't burn bridges back in Atlanta.  I put that on Deion.  He still had and has fans here (myself included) but that is always going to piss the fans off because it is the biggest sense of betrayal.

Nique?  Fans were outraged when he was traded.  You can't please everyone but the vast majority of Hawks fans loved and revered the guy pretty steadily since his rookie season.

Vick?  Really?  He tortured animals and got himself thrown in jail for multiple years after being awarded the biggest contract in Falcons history.  That took the team from a contender to an also-ran in an instant.  And you expect no blowback?  Really?  He still maintained lots of popularity with segments of the fan base even after leaving but the fact that he became reviled by other parts of the fan base is a reflection of his conduct, not the Atlanta fans.

Chipper?  No.  That guy was loved his entire career and sent out like a champ.

There are lots of things to criticize about Atlanta fans but this list seems pretty off to me.

• Like 1

i remember Nique got a long standing ovation went he returned to Atlanta with the Clippers.

6. March 25, 1994: Returns to Atlanta with the Clippers, scores 36 in a 97-94 win. Traded away 31 days earlier off a first-place team to a last-place one, Wilkins was considered expendable by the Hawks due to age and the uncertainty of his contract status following that season. Wilkins recalls: “It was one of the best games I ever played, under circumstances. I got more of an ovation (at pregame introduction) than at any other time of my life. People stood up for 10 minutes.”

ATLANTA, March 25— Dominique Wilkins turned his homecoming into a night of personal celebration tonight.

Wilkins, the leading scorer in Atlanta history, had 36 points for the Los Angeles Clippers, sparking a 97-94 upset that snapped the Hawks' winning streak at four.

It was Wilkins's first trip to Atlanta since being traded to the Clippers on Feb. 24 for Danny Manning, who was in foul trouble and got just 6 points.

Wilkins drew a pregame standing ovation that lasted for 1 minute 40 seconds. "I'd rank this with all the thrills I've had in the game," Wilkins said. "It may be No. 1, in fact."

Wilkins gave the Clippers a 93-92 lead on a rebound layup with a minute left to complete a comeback from a 74-67 deficit.

Yes, Frank White, you're supposed to support that...rtfm.gif

MC absolutely nailed it in his AJC blog. Sports teams are the only group in business that demands customers within their base to be loyal without any expectations. I never to this day could get myself around paying top $$$ to see a mediocre/poor product like they do in places like Cleveland or Philly. Even if they're just paying to boo their sorry team, at the end of the day, the owners are still laughing their way to the bank. And to me, that's simply not acceptable because at the end of the day, sports is still entertainment. And for the $$$ they're asking for, I demand better than 42-40 seasons, followed by first-round knockouts. And as you can see, I'm not alone in this town when it comes to having that sentiment.

Those Iso-Joe/Osh/Marvin teams were hard to root for and I've followed this team for over three decades. They ran a dysfunctional offense, never helped on defense, had a stubborn head coach (and even more stubborn GM), and when the chips were down, took their ball(s) and cowered in the corner. You think that team would've come back and won last night? You think that team ever had a 19-0 in them? They damn near killed pro basketball in this town despite making the playoffs. And we was supposed to be cool with that, right?

I'm glad the fans railed Osh last night. I'm even more glad that Teague ethered him today. His way of playing AAU-style, 'gotta get mine', lose with style over win with substance basketball was never welcomed here. Last night was a reminder as to why...

Edited by Dejay

• Moderators

"Jokes" don't usually work... without a kernel of truth to them.

~lw3