• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Braves have traded BJ Upton and Craig Kimbrel

I honestly didn't think they would trade Kimbrel. Given how much of a fan favorite he is and he is a great player. Oh well at least Upton is gone. Damn shame we had to lose Kimbrel just to dump his contract. Wren lasting legacy will be that right there. We got plenty of closer choices to choose from in the bullpen.

I am hearing a lot of positive things about Matt Wisler. He could be the key to this trade.

• Like 2

I honestly didn't think they would trade Kimbrel. Given how much of a fan favorite he is and he is a great player. Oh well at least Upton is gone. Damn shame we had to lose Kimbrel just to dump his contract. Wren lasting legacy will be that right there. We got plenty of closer choices to choose from in the bullpen.

I am hearing a lot of positive things about Matt Wisler. He could be the key to this trade.

Quentin and Maybin are scrubs at this point in their careers. Wisler better be the next Maddux for me to come to terms with this trade. I feel so sorry for Freeman, because the Braves are wasting his prime years by putting a minor league team around him. I wouldn't be suprised if the Braves attendance drops more than 40%. Thank God Atlanta has the Hawks to look forward to because this city would be in shambles without them. 

• Premium Member

I am furious at this trade. We just gave the BEST closer, not a top closer, the BEST closer to an interleague rival for a has been platoon OFer and one decent prospect. That's it. BJ Upton isn't that bad to make getting rid of his deal worth losing Kimbrel.

We now have a AAA club starting in Atlanta. They can lie to the fans about this freeing up salary for next offseason but I don't believe it. Next they'll trade Freeman and Simmons for more prospects.

• Like 1

I am furious at this trade. We just gave the BEST closer, not a top closer, the BEST closer to an interleague rival for a has been platoon OFer and one decent prospect. That's it. BJ Upton isn't that bad to make getting rid of his deal worth losing Kimbrel.

We now have a AAA club starting in Atlanta. They can lie to the fans about this freeing up salary for next offseason but I don't believe it. Next they'll trade Freeman and Simmons for more prospects.

No way we trade Simmons. No way, he's untouchable.

@Spud2Nique this isn't worth the wait. This team is intentionally trying to be bad.

Of course they are intentionally trying to be bad. If you are gonna tear it down, why not go all the way? I just hope these Pad prospects are some of the best in baseball.

• Premium Member

Of course they are intentionally trying to be bad. If you are gonna tear it down, why not go all the way? I just hope these Pad prospects are some of the best in baseball.

Sorry, the pitcher we got back is only ranked 70th among top prospects. His most optimistic projection is 3rd or 4th MLB starter. Horrible trade.

Sorry, the pitcher we got back is only ranked 70th among top prospects. His most optimistic projection is 3rd or 4th MLB starter. Horrible trade.

Really? Wtf...we couldn't get a better deal for the best closer?

They said the same thing about Kimbrel.

True but I think relievers are a big gamble as far as injury goes. If they get an arm injury they drop dramatically. I think it's less of a concern for Simmons who will be a stud for the next 10 years.