• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Go Pacers!

sturt

• Premium Member

Agreed. The potential lottery pick is going to be HUGE for the Hawks with free agency looming. The Hawks are good enough to handle the Pacers as long as they execute on both ends of the court. I know that's been lacking lately, but you can tell the team has taken their foot off the gas after they won 60, so I wouldn't be too worried. I'm pretty sure Bud will have the Hawks ready.So GO PACERS!!!

• Like 1

The best (and unlikely) scenario would be Indiana losing back to back vs. WAS and @ MEM, Orlando beating Brooklyn and Miami beating Philly. In that case Miami gets the 8th seed and we get the lottery pick.

Edited by nitte
  • Like 2

As champions of the East, Hawks should fear none of the potential 8th-seeders. They nearly beat #1 Pacers LAST year. Without Bawse. Bring on whomever, and the lottery pick!

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I'd think it's kinda like if we'd have gotten Horf back last season just before the playoffs... we'd have been pretty stoked about the opportunity to turn the season on its head, right?

• Like 1

• Premium Member

So...  

I've been combing over tiebreaker scenarios and scouring everybody's forums over the past week trying to figure out what Indy's chances are.  It really comes down to the Spurs/Pelicans game.

Ideally for the Grizz, I think they'd like to move up to #5 and face the Blazers (who they swept during their 4 meetings this season). They'd open at home vs. the Blazers and they hold the tiebreaker vs. Houston, but I doubt the Rockets are going to drop a home game vs. Utah.  It's a big game for them because they could potentially move up to #2 with a Spurs loss...or at a minimum hold onto homecourt in the opening round.

"We have a final game at home and it's going to be extremely big for us," Harden said. "We have to play extremely hard and try to come out with a victory."

-James Harden

That being said, at the #6 seed, the Grizz would face the Spurs should they drop the game to the Pelicans.  I doubt anybody would want to see them opening round right now, so I imagine they'd have something to play for (even if it depends on Spurs/Rockets losses).

The good news is that both the UTAH @HOU and SAS @NO games start a full hour and a half before the Pacers game.  If it looks like Houston's going to win, then Memphis has no incentive to win their game.  If the Spurs look favorable in their Pelicans game, I think Memphis has incentive to sit quietly at #6 and have a first round matchup with the Clippers.  The Grizz are also really banged up so they could really use the rest.

From the fans point of view....

Brooklyn fans are pissed and don't think they'll win the Orlando game.  I don't know why, because they're 2-0 in decent wins.  Orlando fans believe their team has checked out.  Then again, it's a totally meaningless game for them with no impact on their draft positioning.  They may come out and try to win the last game of the season.

Grizz fans want the #6 to avoid the Spurs.

Spurs fans obviously want the #2, but are a little concerned due to sub-par performances vs. a few bad teams.

• Like 1

So...  

I've been combing over tiebreaker scenarios and scouring everybody's forums over the past week trying to figure out what Indy's chances are.  It really comes down to the Spurs/Pelicans game.

Ideally for the Grizz, I think they'd like to move up to #5 and face the Blazers (who they swept during their 4 meetings this season). They'd open at home vs. the Blazers and they hold the tiebreaker vs. Houston, but I doubt the Rockets are going to drop a home game vs. Utah.  It's a big game for them because they could potentially move up to #2 with a Spurs loss...or at a minimum hold onto homecourt in the opening round.

That being said, at the #6 seed, the Grizz would face the Spurs should they drop the game to the Pelicans.  I doubt anybody would want to see them opening round right now, so I imagine they'd have something to play for (even if it depends on Spurs/Rockets losses).

The good news is that both the UTAH @HOU and SAS @NO games start a full hour and a half before the Pacers game.  If it looks like Houston's going to win, then Memphis has no incentive to win their game.  If the Spurs look favorable in their Pelicans game, I think Memphis has incentive to sit quietly at #6 and have a first round matchup with the Clippers.  The Grizz are also really banged up so they could really use the rest.

From the fans point of view....

Brooklyn fans are pissed and don't think they'll win the Orlando game.  I don't know why, because they're 2-0 in decent wins.  Orlando fans believe their team has checked out.  Then again, it's a totally meaningless game for them with no impact on their draft positioning.  They may come out and try to win the last game of the season.

Grizz fans want the #6 to avoid the Spurs.

Spurs fans obviously want the #2, but are a little concerned due to sub-par performances vs. a few bad teams.

I'll wait till this unfolds. Orlando hasn't quit and I hope Vic and Payton goes off and Vucci Mane produces as well. 

• Premium Member

I hope Orlando comes out fired up, but I really don't want to put my hopes on them - and you never know WTF Brooklyn will do.

Pacers just need to handle business!  smile3.gif

That's the bottom line. Brooklyn is a wild card. They could lose to Orlando, but they can just a s easily run them out of the building too. The Pacers have to beat the Grizz.

• Like 1

I never understood the fear of Indy thing that some here have. People forget that we were the bad match up for them, not the other way around.
We took them to 7 games last year without Horford, Bazemore,and a greatly improved Dennis, Carroll , and Moose.

• Like 2