• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

15th pick

NBASupes

What do you think we should do with the pick? 

Here are the options: 

I am big on the SG, SF, and true C's in this class. 

You have Kelly Oubre who I see like Zach LaVine last year but maybe more raw offensively but more polished defensively. Hezonja, Johnson, Winslow, Looney or Dekker. As well as LeVert, Hunter and Booker who I have a notch below others. 

We really don't need a big. We have Scott, Millsap who we plan on resigning, Horford, Muscala and Tavares coming next year. We are fine in the paint. 

We have two 2nd round picks but we really don't need either for this upcoming year. This will likely be a stash pick for us. 

We can also move back as an option or move up. Two 2nds can help you move from 15 to 12 depending on the team. 

As for moving back, I am not sold on it but I do feel like Cleveland has two 1st and they could be valuable for stash picks. 

Overall this is not the position I wanted to be in. 15th looks scary looking at ESPN.com while 15th is valuable on draftexpress and nbadraft.net. 

I really want the option to draft Hunter, Looney or Oubre. I wouldn't mind moving up to get one of them either. Dekker wouldn't be a bad pick and one that I would be fine with but I really want a potential star within our system.

Unless we go into FA to find a wing player we need a guy who can contribute soon and picking at 15 will make that a challenge.  Looney is an interesting guy that some project at a 4 but he's very thin now.  The way they describe him makes me think of JYD.  I think he could be a guy that Bud could mold into a role to fit our needs.  

• Moderators

Our wings are aged... The Hawks have to go SG/SF.  I really like both of the Arizona wings in this draft. Oubre, Hezonja, or Dekker falling to us would be cool.

I would be happy with drafting Devin Booker. Kid can shoot and shoot and shoot... Reminds me of a Klay Thompson-lite.

Unless we go into FA to find a wing player we need a guy who can contribute soon and picking at 15 will make that a challenge.  Looney is an interesting guy that some project at a 4 but he's very thin now.  The way they describe him makes me think of JYD.  I think he could be a guy that Bud could mold into a role to fit our needs.  

No one we draft at 15th will play much. That's why I am okay will simply drafting on potential like we did with  Dennis. 

how about packaging the pick with one of our guys and looking for a good player from a bad team

The 15th pick isn't worth enough for that. The best you are getting is a player like George Hill. If you wanted to do that, you needed to do it during the ASB. 

Give me a 3 and D wing, who can contribute immediately. I haven't really payed attention to college basketball this season, so someone should fill me in on who exactly fills that role.

There is none at #15. Winslow could but he's a top 5 pick. 

From P'tree Hoops

The Atlanta Hawks will also have the 50th pick (via Toronto) and the 59th pick in the NBA Draft. With limited space on the roster, I would be surprised if the Hawks make picks at both those spots. I would expect one or both to be dealt in conjunction with a trade to move up in this draft or out of it to a future draft. A lot will still change in the months ahead, but the list of options narrows as Atlanta's slot has been set.

Bit of a pessimist No superstars at 15 but Buds system will create a good role player and that's most of what our team is made of. I think he plays next year

How is that pessimist? There are no 3&D guys ready to start especially for a contender at #15. Maybe Winslow and starting him on a contender as a rookie is a stretch. He's a top 5 pick.  

I think it's realistic to get a potential All Star at #15. Caris LeVert and R.J. Hunter come to mind. 

I see LeVert like I seen Klay Thompson and I see R.J. like a better scoring, weaker but taller Bradley Beal out of college. 

Edited by nbasupes40retired

I've got 4 guys that really intrigue me. We would have to move up to draft 3/4 im pretty sure, although things could change with measurements, workouts etc.

4. Devin Booker- He has a great looking shot, specialty is 3's which is obviously very valuable in our system. Korver could mentor this kid.

3. Kelly Oubre- His physical tools are strong, you can't teach that, he looks like he can do it all. Put the ball on the floor and shoot it well. Great handles. Smooth player that plays both sides of the ball. Looks to me like a future star.

2. Mario Hezonja- I realize that this comparison was made by scouts partially because he's Croatian, but anytime you are mentioned in the same breath as Drazen Petrovic, that's a huge compliment to your game. The guy looks to put it on the floor and handle is well, better than Drazen in those departments which means he can create better for himself than Petro fuel. He's got a great looking outside stroke, looks like he can hit a shot from 30 feet out consistently. He would also flourish in our system. Only thing that concerned me about what the scouts said was his tendency to be an iso type player, which doesn't work well in the Bud system, however if he bought in, he could be lethal.

1. Stanley Johnson- I've kind of been infatuated with this kid for a couple of years now. First off, his size is incredible. He's 6'7" and 245 pounds. The previous 3 guys that I mentioned are an inch shorter or taller than Johnson but all weigh approximately 200 pounds. This kid is what the kids like to call a BEAST. He's got the Artest thing going on defense but his offense looks much better than Artest, way more fluidity. If he continues to progress, he will be on many all NBA defensive teams. I think Bud would do some really special things with a guy like this. He also reminds me of Kawhi Leonard in many ways, both physically and the way he moves around on the court. He's projected to go top 10, so we would have to move up to snag him but I think he could be worth it if the cost for moving up 7 or 8 picks isn't too steep. I'm afraid once the workouts conclude that he might end up being a top 5 or 6 pick.

@JayBirdHawk I hope he turns out like Kawhi so one of us can move on :-X

Edited by Spud2Nique