• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Nets GAME 1

lethalweapon3

Likes: We forced Brooklyn into a lot of tough shots while getting a lot of open shots.

Our PG's attacked when needed.

We got Kyle scoring off the bounce, like it but don't rely on it.

Dislikes:

Rebounding

We passed too much, find an open shot and shoot, no more shows of too many passes. Reminded me of our team v. Indy last yr.

Sap and Horford need to take it to the hole off the bounce. They get calls, keep doing it.

Boxing out and too many T.O. should change, we should make our open jumpers as well but rebounding has to improve when we do box out and we can't overpass as well. We need our post game to step up.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I think we played well in spurts and got lazy when we got leads. It's probably a good thing they fought and kept it close, we need some competition. I hope everyone has watched some of the other games because it seems to be a trend.

Brooklyn is experienced and will keep the games close at the very least. We won't win by 40 in the playoffs. Our only concern is Horf and Sap. I'm more concerned about Sap honestly. This is one of those injuries Horford should handle.

Did someone complained about the margin of victory or the strange substitutions and Millsap's bad offense and defense?

• Premium Member

Likes: We forced Brooklyn into a lot of tough shots while getting a lot of open shots.

Our PG's attacked when needed.

We got Kyle scoring off the bounce, like it but don't rely on it.

Dislikes:

Rebounding

We passed too much, find an open shot and shoot, no more shows of too many passes. Reminded me of our team v. Indy last yr.

Sap and Horford need to take it to the hole off the bounce. They get calls, keep doing it.

Boxing out and too many T.O. should change, we should make our open jumpers as well but rebounding has to improve when we do box out and we can't overpass as well. We need our post game to step up.

I can agree with pretty much everything here except "too many passes". I can see why you think it, but I think passing it around is part of getting back to what we do. If we are hesitant in the second round that is different but right now the ball movement is important. We probably haven't played a meaningless game where we needed to share the ball since Nique week.

I thought we'd see Elton for a second when we were getting owned on the glass. Glad we didn't.

I'd like to know what Bud does tactically to magically clear the boards in the fourth quarter all of a sudden. It's happened all year, and it's usually Kyle in the middle of a gang rebound.

I'd like to see Al develop a quick dribble step in on the long jumpers when able. I hate when he misses two straight a step out of his range.

Mike slick gave us a lift with 2 surprising inside scores when we desperately needed them.

The crowd could've been better, too. There were some lulls in the noise when the Hawks needed it, but they never missed s chance to boo Joe. It didn't affect him at all (kinda energized him actually). He was very classy in the press conference afterward. Said he expected it and was happy for Jeff and Al. I can appreciate his stoic personality much more now he's gone. It helps him more than it hurts, the effect on his team is always questionable. I'd have to ask Paula.

Edited by benhillboy

• Moderators

What the heck is up with those 2 fingers on Hollins' left hand.

http://www.quora.com/What-happened-to-Lionel-Hollins-fingers

Take notes, Al!

He injured his non-shooting hand, didn't let it heal properly and has now developed arthritis.

~lw3

• Like 1

Gotta give a shout out for 21-22 from the line in an age where the Rockets have 4 players shooting 56% or less from the line.

Of all the underrated strengths of the squad it's one of the biggest. Many teams would've easily lost that game on account of going 15-22, thinking they shot okay from the stripe.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

Game 1 is usually the one the road team has the best chance of stealing so I'm not surprised it was closer than everybody thought it would be. The only things that concern me going forward is AL's injury and Millsap still not trusting that shoulder to take contact the rest is fixable

What the heck is up with those 2 fingers on Hollins' left hand.

Bball injuries. I noticed it a few seasons ago and it creeps me out. See Michael Strahan. Lol

Hawks missed only one free throw and won the game!

I told ya!!

They count.  and, they count a lot in the playoffs.

GO TEAM ATL !

(And, the Braves won!)

music.gif

• Like 2

• Moderators

Rick Fox and Isiah Thomas postgame were just grilling the Nets (the guards, specifically) for not feeding Brook. Hardly any plays called for him at all!

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3

Millsap couldn't hit the broad side of a barn, but he played good defense and was usually in the right places. That sounds like rust to me. A little worried about Horford's finger but he should be able to get past it. Teague didn't play well, that worries me more than anything.

In any case, I'll say that was honestly a pretty convincing win. We didn't play great, but we still won. I'm thinking we hit our stride in the second round and from there will roll the way we did back in January.

Edited by TheFuzz
  • Like 1