• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Antony Ressler New Owner

AHF

My first question to Antony would be why he has a backstabbing, conniving asshole that blackmails other owners to stay within his ownership group...

If that gets answered in the right way, then I'll be OK with this. As is, Gearon is a prick. I'm still not happy.

Other then the fact that Levenson had no business saying stupid shit, from his profile it seems like this is just another business asset and something that's good for his brand. He is married to a Hollywood celeb.

My first question to Antony would be why he has a backstabbing, conniving asshole that blackmails other owners to stay within

If that gets answered in the right way, then I'll be OK with this. As is, Gearon is a prick. I'm still not happy.

My nomination for post of the week

Edited by DrReality

• Premium Member

Anything is better than the A$G but why did it have to be another group ownership situation. Here's hoping they do the right thing by keeping Ferry and not acting like braying jackasses as the A$G turned into.

Also hoping the new ownership will be open to bringing the NHL back to Atlanta...

• Premium Member

@sturt We might need to start a second petition. A "Get the F@$K out Gearon" petition.

I hope I'm not naive, but while I get the desire for a clean slate where the ownership roster is concerned, as long as the "minority stake" is indeed a sliver of the team, I'm not all that upset about it. Their family has had a relationship with the franchise through most of the franchise's time in Atlanta. Unless I learn otherwise, I'm inclined to consider it more of a novelty piece of the pie than it is an substantive one. Accordingly, I just don't foresee new owners allowing all that much influence from the old guard.

My first question to Antony would be why he has a backstabbing, conniving asshole that blackmails other owners to stay within his ownership group...

To be honest Gearon still being apart of this organization worries me greatly. I'm not sure how many voting rights / decision making he has but the simple fact that he is apart of the group will have every new owner constantly looking over their backs.

Its like when the bad guy get really injured at the end of a movie but does not quite die so that it leaves the possibility of him coming back to mess things up again (See Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles I and II from the 90s).

WHY WOULD A NEW OWNERSHIP ALLOW FOR THAT !?!

• Moderators

I need to see how the percentages break down.

Totally agree.  There are tons of ownership groups in sports.  It really isn't a big deal.  What was unusual about the ASG, however, was that they were an ownership group without a majority owner.  I am counting on Ressler being the majority owner.  If he isn't, I will be more skeptical of this structure.

• Like 1

Totally agree.  There are tons of ownership groups in sports.  It really isn't a big deal.  What was unusual about the ASG, however, was that they were an ownership group without a majority owner.  I am counting on Ressler being the majority owner.  If he isn't, I will be more skeptical of this structure.

Good points.  I'd venture to say most teams are group-owned.  Group-owners aren't the devil.  The A$G was the devil.

I wonder, will Ressler get us our own D-League affiliate? #BirminghamBuzzards #JacksonvilleJaybirds #MaconMagpies

~lw3

#DecaturElevators

I hope I'm not naive, but while I get the desire for a clean slate where the ownership roster is concerned, as long as the "minority stake" is indeed a sliver of the team, I'm not all that upset about it. Their family has had a relationship with the franchise through most of the franchise's time in Atlanta. Unless I learn otherwise, I'm inclined to consider it more of a novelty piece of the pie than it is an substantive one. Accordingly, I just don't foresee new owners allowing all that much influence from the old guard.

While I see where you are coming from, I will never forgive him for maliciously trying to ruin Ferry. You don't bring that kind of bad press to your organization unless it is warranted and it wasn't IMO.

• Moderators

Good points.  I'd venture to say most teams are group-owned.  Group-owners aren't the devil.  The A$G was the devil.

#DecaturElevators

Them and Ben Franklin.

• Premium Member

While I see where you are coming from, I will never forgive him for maliciously trying to ruin Ferry. You don't bring that kind of bad press to your organization unless it is warranted and it wasn't IMO.

I buy all of that. Truly.

Unfortunately, it appears Ressler et al couldn't buy out Gearon's piece.

Too bad some form of eminent domain couldn't somehow have been brought to bear on the situation, right?

Edited by sturt

• Premium Member

I wonder, will Ressler get us our own D-League affiliate? #BirminghamBuzzards #JacksonvilleJaybirds #MaconMagpies

~lw3

There's no SE division, which is kinda odd when you recall the first era of NBA-DL was pretty much all SE... am I remembering that right?

• Like 1

At least he doesn't look like some greaseball like Tom Gores or Cuban, doesn't seem to be disgusting like Sterling. Clean cut family man, I like it. Duke in the house, welcome back Danny, we missed you.

I understand the jury is still out on Sap and DeMarre as it pertains to this summer, but I'm sure all relevant parties can now agree Bud and Koonin need to be extended today.

Edited by benhillboy